Author Topic: You couldn't ask for a lamer topic!  (Read 256297 times)

vladgd

• View Profile
Re: You couldn't ask for a lamer topic!
« Reply #735 on: May 29, 2017, 04:40:00 PM »
Raspberry pi's easy to play around with? That emulation box thing I was talking about earlier sounds more appealing by the day, I assume the fucker can do ps1 at least yeah?

Ohh and another year..another oberon keg! I basically collect things now, after the beer is gone I have this cool looking keg.

Biggest problem is that I cant drink it all, so I need an excuse to get people together to drink that fucker, and the girlfriend doesn't like beer. Last year I tried to 2 man it, but that only ended up in a hangover.  Tekken 7 is out next week I think THIS FRIDAY(i work though...), maybe I can convince a few people to tekken'n chill with much oberon.

Ohh and spektur, I'm pretty sure your state gets this stuff (Bells is basically a macro company with huge distribution now a days), if you enjoy a lighter wheat beer (think blue moon but way better), it's a pretty accessible non offensive beer.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 06:04:29 PM by vladgd »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #736 on: May 29, 2017, 06:16:49 PM »
I'll have to look out for that if it ever shows up here. The GF loves blue moon (called belgian moon in canada).
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #737 on: May 29, 2017, 07:27:51 PM »
I'm not so sure our beers surface over there very often. There's a canadian craft head in my fightan chat from Toronto area and besides European imports, it seems like our beer selections are way different. Which is weird to me that someone from California can have a more similar beer selection than someone 5-6 hours away in Toronto. That said, Michigan isn't that far, and any of the neighboring states should have Bells on hand, if you ever happen to be across the border.

Being a very popular Michigan brewery, Bells is almost as common as bud lite here. Walmart has it, gas stations have it, convenient stores have it. I just wish shipping alcohol wasn't sketchy in this state, because I'd totally do trades. To my knowledge, I can't even order alcohol online.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #738 on: May 30, 2017, 11:11:08 AM »
Raspberry pi's easy to play around with? That emulation box thing I was talking about earlier sounds more appealing by the day, I assume the fucker can do ps1 at least yeah?

Yeah, they're not too bad. They primarily run Linux, but the stock distro that most boxed Pis come with is pretty easy to use. It sort of controls like Classic Windows.

I haven't done any emulation with mine (yet...I have a pretty big project in the works involving it, though), so I'm not sure which systems it can handle. From what I understand, The Pi2 and Pi3 can handle PS1 without a problem.

Ohh and spektur, I'm pretty sure your state gets this stuff (Bells is basically a macro company with huge distribution now a days), if you enjoy a lighter wheat beer (think blue moon but way better), it's a pretty accessible non offensive beer.

Cool, thanks for the tip!

We've got a pretty nice beer and wine place in my area called Vintage Estate, so I'm sure I can find it there if my retail stores don't have it. Speaking of which, if you ever happen to make it to Mahoning County, Ohio, for some reason, be sure to stop there. Their selection is insane. They serve some really tasty flatbreads, too.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #739 on: June 05, 2017, 10:14:17 AM »
I had 871607919409844224[/tweet]]this happen to me last night. I...what.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #740 on: June 06, 2017, 08:03:07 PM »

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #741 on: June 09, 2017, 03:14:12 PM »
I just realized that s.net v4.0 (that is, this particular forum installation and database) is going to turn 10 in August. Wooooow.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #742 on: June 09, 2017, 06:13:56 PM »
... Damn man, congrats on your internet presence, I guess. Kinda blows my mind.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #743 on: June 11, 2017, 02:43:15 AM »
Thanks! ;D

I do kinda wish I would have kept more from when s.net first launched, but c'est la vie. I might have a few database dumps rolling around, but I don't want to spin up more PHP bullshit than I have to.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #744 on: June 11, 2017, 09:00:49 PM »
It's a shame we lost all that stuff from... was that v3 that you lost the db during the migration resulting in us all having to sign up again etc.? There's a lot that went on before we lost that db that would have been nice to preserve.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

A2P

• View Profile
« Reply #745 on: June 12, 2017, 01:18:28 AM »
Social anxiety fucking SUX
Nice to see another memorable name though.

A2P

• View Profile
« Reply #746 on: June 25, 2017, 09:05:45 PM »
But having friends rox tho

I am an Awesome Lamer after all.
Nice to see another memorable name though.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #747 on: June 25, 2017, 10:49:26 PM »
REAL TALK THO

REAL MF TALK

STEAM SALES

I ALREADY OWN 99% OF ALL VIDYA BUT THAT LAST 1%...

PILLARS OF ETERNITY OR DIVINITY ORIGINAL SIN

/caps

TINY CAPS REALER TALK THO

MY STEAM LINK COMES TUESDAY, ANYTHING PC RELATED WORTH A DAMN THAT WOULD PLAY WELL ON A PS4 CONTROLLER QUESTION MARK

*TINY EDIT*
-PILLARS
-ICEWIND ENHANCED
-WITCHER 1
-BANISHED
-COSTUME QUEST 2

DECIDED TO GET DIVINITY ON PS4 BLACK FRIDAY AND CO OP WITH THE WOMAN SHOULD BE A GOOD TIME

ENJOY THE $$$ GABE
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 02:31:47 AM by vladgd »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #748 on: June 27, 2017, 11:18:18 AM »
Social anxiety fucking SUX

Agreed. I have a hard time enjoying cons because large crowds make me freeze up (I can manage if I'm with friends, at least). <_<

But having friends rox tho

Agreed! ;D

MY STEAM LINK COMES TUESDAY, ANYTHING PC RELATED WORTH A DAMN THAT WOULD PLAY WELL ON A PS4 CONTROLLER QUESTION MARK[/size]

EURO/AMERICAN TRUCK SIMULATOR. (Seriously, it's a pretty chill experience. It makes a great podcast game, too!)

Also, Hyper Light Drifter. So fucking good.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #749 on: June 27, 2017, 05:22:37 PM »
I do own Euro Truck Sim 2, that game not only for steam link, but whenever I get a job that pays me more than poverty to afford a VR headset, that game is what that shit is made for. VR HEADSET AND RACING WHEEL!

Tried street fighter 4, and maybe its my laggy tv, but the input delay is too much for me to deem playable. Maybe to casuals who can't tell the difference, but my over 800 hours of experience with that game, I damn well know the timing is off on steam link. I can do viper tk feint combos with it, but it's less consistent than just being on pc or 360.

I did manage to wirelessly sync my ps4 controller to the thing and booted up south park stick of truth (which i immediately stopped playing due to an unable to save bug), and at least in the hour or so I've played, it works great. No access to a keyboard so my name ended up blank (not sure if its just the game though, cartman calls you douschebag regardless), and I had to move my pc mouse off screen so it wouldn't be in the way, but besides that, plays like a console game with faster load times.

Not a bad little toy for the $15.90 I payed for it.