Author Topic: Webcam question  (Read 3633 times)

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
Webcam question
« on: May 12, 2011, 12:27:24 AM »
For some reason, the webcam I got today would light up and what not, but the drivers wouldn't work on it and said the device wasn't working. SO I uninstalled it all, brought the camera back and got a replacement. The guy showed me the replacement worked perfectly fine with no problems...But when I brought it home, hooked it up...This time, the drivers and everything installed properly, but the thing isn't lighting up and it sais its not plugged in. I've tried EVERY USB port on my PC, and I know its not the ports because my mouse and other things are hooked up to them. And yes I swapped the ports with the mouse, and nothing worked still. The camera doesn't light up at all, and it sais its unplugged when its still plugged in. Any fixes for this? It's a A4Tech USB 2.0 webcam. And yes, I already tried downloading and installing the drivers from the A4Tech website. Any help = <3

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: Webcam question
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 01:53:08 AM »
Try removing the device from device manager.  Right-click on My Computer and click Manage, then go to System Tools -> Device Manager on the left of the window.  Look for the webcam (it should be in the "Imaging Devices" section), right-click it, and click Uninstall.  If you're running Vista or 7, tick the box that says "delete the driver software for this device," then click OK.  Now, unplug it, reboot, and try installing it again.
"This is a machine for making cows."

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 09:57:00 AM »
Just tried that, still doing the same thing :(

I think theres a big problem with my computer right now anyway...I got it upgraded yesterday and I think they fucked something up, because when I go to play any of my games, within 5 minutes the game and computer fully lock up and I have to restart it. I'm just gonna bring it back in and get them to fix it.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 01:33:18 PM »
Whoa, yeah.  Definitely some sort of issue there.

You should move to Ohio and have me work on your computer. ;)
"This is a machine for making cows."