Author Topic: Weeaboo, the thread.  (Read 130129 times)

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
Re: Weeaboo, the thread.
« Reply #390 on: August 28, 2011, 05:42:12 AM »
Think that was me. I watched the anime while it was airing, but I still haven't gotten around to watching the movies, so I haven't exactly finished it yet. It's pretty good, though. Basically Bourne Identity in Japan.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #391 on: August 29, 2011, 04:44:04 AM »
Still need to watch Trigun and Black Lagoon nigga. Really, I loved those shows (both have some great character development, Black Lagoon also has a lot of action and shock value).

Lol, yeah, I'm so bad at keeping everything up. I also want to watch all of Legend of the Galactic Heroes (like that'll ever happen D:)
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 03, 2011, 04:19:53 AM »
Finished the Black Lagoon OVA and was semi disappointed with it. There was no real moral questioning or all that much character interaction really. I mean, it delved into the story of the town and Revy more which was nice but it wasn't up to snuff with the show.

I also saw Red Line, which was pretty goddamn awesome. Like, the story line was completely bullshit, but the animation and the action were top fucking notch. It was like transformers in principle, but way better. it's definitely a movie you need to see in HD to fully enjoy.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #393 on: November 02, 2011, 06:51:18 AM »
I've been watching a fair bit of anime lately. Finished watching AnoHana, Hourou Musuko, Haibane Renmei, and Steins;Gate. I'm a sucker for drama, and every one of those had a huge amount of drama in them. Even Steins;Gate was more drama than anything else. If you like dramatic anime, I'd highly suggest every one of these.

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai - AnoHana for short, is a show about how the death of a childhood friend can change people... with a bit of a twist. The dead girl herself shows up one day as a ghost that only one of the friends can see. At times the show is lighthearted, especially in the first few episodes, but even then there is a darker undertone at times. It's fairly slow moving, and it doesn't feel like much is happening, but the character interactions are what really drive the show, and in that department AnoHana does not disappoint. The art is very nice, the music fits the moods perfectly, and the characters are interesting and likable. The ending literally had me in tears. Basically the last 2 episodes had me in tears. I don't think I have to say more.

Hourou Musuko - This show is not for everyone. I will say that right now. The show is a story about two children just entering middle school. A boy who wants to be a girl, and a girl who wants to be a boy. It covers the issue quite delicately, showing how hard something like that is to deal with, and emphasizing it by placing the characters at a time in their life when they are dealing with puberty as well. The art is beautiful. It looks almost identical to the manga, with light pastel tones everywhere. One thing that sets this anime apart from all the others is that unlike most traditional anime, the main characters do not have any artistic elements highlighting them as such. There is also a lack of introduction to the detailed history of events that happened before the anime, makes the first episode or two somewhat confusing for watchers. However, if you want drama, this show has tons of it. The main criticism that people had was actually that the characters reacted too maturely to their situations, but I'd consider that a minor gripe, all things considered.

Haibane Renmei - Now this show has some interesting production. Many of the people who worked on this also worked on Serial Experiments Lain (another excellent show I'd recommend anyone watch). The character design and general look of the art (bright pastel tones, but sometimes quite dark as well) are very similar, and both shows have a somewhat dark edge to a plot that at first glance doesn't seem nearly as dark. But thing differ from there. Lain is a very mind-bending show, but Haibane Renmei is fairly straightforward by comparison. It doesn't skimp on the aspect of dealing with deep seated personal issues though. The show proves fairly quickly that there's a lot more going on that you don't immediately see. In the end the show delivers some powerful messages, and deals with some issues many anime would have strayed from. The show once again seems to have a bit of a slow pace in the beginning, but the progression of events follows the progression of Rakka as she begins to find a place for herself in this new world.

Steins;Gate - Now this is a bit of a weird anime. Watching the first episode I was intrigued, a lot happened, and not much was explained... After the first 2 or 3 episodes things began to make more sense... And then things just got weird. This show has more twists than I'd have ever expected. Of course, it is a Nitro+ production, so I shouldn't have been that surprised. The characterization is superb, and the characters all have subtle nuances and really seem to be dynamic. The art is beautiful, and the character deign is quite interesting, despite not straying too far from the anime norm. This show has had me on the edge of my seat just wondering how things were going to work out more times than I can count (or at least, more than I want to). The plot twists are very well executed and aren't token plot twists. The entire point of the plot involves time travel, and we all know what sort of insane stuff you can do with that while still staying within the universe. The drama here is more subtle at first, but the ending is extremely intense. The ending was one of the best ones I've seen so far, and considering the anime I've listed above, that's impressive in and of itself. Oh, and the opening theme is fucking awesome.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 21, 2012, 05:57:33 AM »
Thanks for all of that actually, I love detailed "reviews".

Also has anyone seen this? Looks pretty cool, and I still want to see the girl who lept through time and that other running movie.