Author Topic: KURONEKO'S THREE PRONGED MUSIC PLUG  (Read 43925 times)

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
KURONEKO'S THREE PRONGED MUSIC PLUG
« on: September 27, 2007, 09:22:53 PM »
damn, i dunno how many of these threads i've made but anyway

MUSIKZ! (it's a module lawlz)

edit: made in modplug tracker, and, as the name suggests, it's just somewhat of a work in progress.  it will probably be the level music that will accompany a revised version of the ut map i posted
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 03:29:13 PM by Alice »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: kuromusic mk iivivxcivimmvsdgf
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 11:01:51 PM »
Not too bad; with a bit of work it would be good in the background, methinks.  The length is good right now, it just needs a bit more going on...a solid bass/drum line, maybe.

So I take it you still want the web space? XD
"This is a machine for making cows."

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 02:03:43 AM »
Not too bad; with a bit of work it would be good in the background, methinks.  The length is good right now, it just needs a bit more going on...a solid bass/drum line, maybe.
I'm not quite sure how you mean that... could you be a bit more specific?

So I take it you still want the web space? XD
I figured that as long as it hadn't been nuked yet, I'd still use it as my primary webspace.  Actually, deleting all of the files on it temporarilly would do it a bit of good as soon as I've got the errors sorted out with the revised and reorganized version of my webspace (you can see what it's like here.  Under the website, it's way reorganized.  I can actually find my stuff now!).  It's basically the same website with a new color scheme to match the comic, a few modified links, and most importantly, it actually makes use of it's css file and has headers and crap.  Eventually the news page will be nuked completely and replaced with a little php doodad... can't do anything about that yet though, I'd need to make an sql goodie for it.  It's probably going to rip off cosmix hardcore, because I don't know that much php ;)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 02:18:38 AM »
Nice impossible to read black text on the main page...
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 02:21:52 AM »
Nice impossible to read black text on the main page...
wtf where

did you try pressing f5

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 03:05:53 AM »
No, your other pages had red bold text, but the main page still had black, lol. My compy almost never has problems with the cache, but maybe for once it did.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 03:47:00 AM »
I'm not quite sure how you mean that... could you be a bit more specific?

It just feels a bit...empty in a way.  What you have is good, but I think playing with adding another channel or two would be nice -- a bit more polyphony.

...that said, the general explosions, guns, chaos, and death of UT would add quite a bit to it. :D

I figured that as long as it hadn't been nuked yet, I'd still use it as my primary webspace.

Heh, yeah.  I was going to nuke it when I got back home but I figured I'd wait to see what's up when I noticed that you rejoined.

I don't really care either way.  I don't mind handing space out (especially now, since 1&1 actually gives me space to hand out, not 500MB split between databases and files), I just don't have the time, energy, or willpower to baby-sit the site.

Under the website, it's way reorganized.  I can actually find my stuff now!

Haha, that's why I didn't restore all of my files from backup when I switched servers.  The old s.net tree was a bloody mess.

So, do you want me to purge it, then? (y/n)

Eventually the news page will be nuked completely and replaced with a little php doodad... can't do anything about that yet though, I'd need to make an sql goodie for it.

Speaking of which, I'm not sure if I can securely install phpMyAdmin (based on a glance, and past experience, it requires a control username and password, which is saved, plaintext, in a configuration file).  I'll see if there's any way around that -- a way to put the configuration file in a private directory perhaps, or the ability to encrypt the password.

It's probably going to rip off cosmix hardcore, because I don't know that much php ;)

That's what it's there for. :P

If I'm feeling particularly masochistic I might work on it a little.  I just dislike working with HTML/CSS and, as a result, try to avoid dealing with PHP too much...hence the reason I can't seem to finish any PHP projects.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 04:00:48 AM »
Haha, sounds like me there. For some reason PHP pisses me off. A lot. And CSS makes me want to kill small animals.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 05:48:03 AM »
and the "strict" XHTML specification makes you want to do what?

It's like, "what?! NOT EVEN A BGCOLOR ATTRIBUTE?! WHAT THE FUCK, W3C!"

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2007, 11:57:43 AM »
It just feels a bit...empty in a way.  What you have is good, but I think playing with adding another channel or two would be nice -- a bit more polyphony.

...that said, the general explosions, guns, chaos, and death of UT would add quite a bit to it. :D
oic I'll get crackin' on that some time

Heh, yeah.  I was going to nuke it when I got back home but I figured I'd wait to see what's up when I noticed that you rejoined.
yeah, i have a habit of doing that 8)

I don't really care either way.  I don't mind handing space out (especially now, since 1&1 actually gives me space to hand out, not 500MB split between databases and files), I just don't have the time, energy, or willpower to baby-sit the site.
KillAllChildren

Haha, that's why I didn't restore all of my files from backup when I switched servers.  The old s.net tree was a bloody mess.
ya, i no whut it'z liek

So, do you want me to purge it, then? (y/n)
Y, not yet though.  I'm still having MISTERY problems lol

That's what it's there for. :P
:pp:PpPp:Pfdpspfd;sfsdffffff

I figure Xcomic would help as well, despite it's being an ugly mess internally, from what I remember... didn't it have a news function built in?

If I'm feeling particularly masochistic I might work on it a little.  I just dislike working with HTML/CSS and, as a result, try to avoid dealing with PHP too much...hence the reason I can't seem to finish any PHP projects.
Webpage coding sux lolz.

also, what happened in the other thread... my bad dude :(

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2007, 04:20:56 PM »
I figure Xcomic would help as well, despite it's being an ugly mess internally, from what I remember... didn't it have a news function built in?

Heh, I don't remember.

All I remember was that it used Wordpress themes and, to make any sort of significant changes to it, you needed to modify the code.

also, what happened in the other thread... my bad dude :(

S'cool.

and the "strict" XHTML specification makes you want to do what?

It's like, "what?! NOT EVEN A BGCOLOR ATTRIBUTE?! WHAT THE FUCK, W3C!"

Hahaha. XD

They really just moved all of that stuff over to CSS.  It's harder to make quick-and-dirty web pages but it does clean up the HTML file a lot.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2007, 05:55:40 PM »
Much harder... CSS is not something I like playing with, and if I don't need a CSS page for my site, I won't...

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2007, 09:23:23 PM »
I don't really see it being any harder.  I mean, this:

Code: [Select]
<head bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
...turns into:

Code: [Select]
head {
  background-color: #FFFFFF;
  color: #000000;
}

It's a hell of a lot more flexible and it dramatically cleans up the HTML.  I use CSS even on small web pages because it sets an even divide between the content and the fancy colors, not to mention that, if done right, the page will look fine even without the stylesheet (in Firefox, click that link and click View->Page Style->No Style).

Now I just need to get unlazy and figure out DIV tables.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2007, 03:45:21 AM »
I just had a lot of trouble switching from doing everything in HTML to CSS+HTML.. That said, I havent touched HTML in probably 2 years, so it's kinda a moot point.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 09:09:27 PM »
I love how everyone totally got this thread off topic.

* Piano intro music for NBG

It's an .it file; it WILL run in WinAmp, but on Windows, I'd suggest ModPlug Player.  On Linux, everything and its mother will probably run an .it file.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 09:11:13 PM by Kuroneko »