Author Topic: Halo 3, not HD  (Read 3238 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Halo 3, not HD
« on: September 28, 2007, 06:38:30 PM »
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/09/28/halo-3-not-hd-runs-at-640p-pixel-counters-claim/

That people would really care so much about that when it looks fine (It's not the best looking game in the world anyway, but it's definitely damn acceptable).
2 hearts

Basically my stance on it, but it seems like the 360 is already running into a wall graphically and performance wise.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: Halo 3, not HD
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 01:14:09 AM »
HD fanatics piss me off.  They need to learn to just play the damn game and be happy.  When it gets to the point where you start counting pixels to make sure that you weren't "cheated" out of a "true HD experience," I get to the point where I want to drive a nail through someone's skull.  I can understand people being a mite upset over things like the PS3's 480i scaling issue or the 360's inability to load games from HD DVDs (which is simply dumb on Microsoft's part, what with Blu-Ray having such a large capacity) but...seriously. :/

I highly approve of Halo 3 for the simple reason that it actually takes full advantage of the VGA adapter.  It's shocking how many games either do something totally dumb like output a 1280x720 signal, which gets horribly stretched on 4:3/5:4 LCDs (hi there, PGR3) or something not-so-dumb, like pushing out a letterboxed picture (then there's Gears, which originally rendered at a full 1280x1024 but, for reasons known only to Epic, was updated to be letterboxed...way to make split-screen co-op harder to see for cheap bastards like me).
"This is a machine for making cows."