Author Topic: video output troubles.  (Read 44094 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: video output troubles.
« Reply #120 on: October 14, 2011, 07:11:03 AM »
Wow, that is messed up... Time for a new computer?

Also, the word in that case would be "legitimately" lol.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2011, 02:56:36 AM »
it wasn't a blue screen of death on start up, but my OS said I was recovering from a serious problem and it later mentioned something about a blue screen.

Also I can't figure out why my PC has all these fussy moments. Sometimes I can run a game great (Witcher 2 with the steam overlay will sometimes run really smooth, other times it runs like hell) and I JUST got off of CS:S and I was getting a shit framerate in some areas (20 was my lowest FPS at some random parts, but I did have some random shit set too high and I was running an emulator).

Just had another freeze after exiting L4D2, dicking around on chrome, and trying to launch itunes. Haven't had any major problems in a while, so maybe I'm just paranoid at this point.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 02:56:52 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 19, 2011, 04:36:37 PM »
Real quick random question, what wireless card would you recommend? My shitty dongle seems to be dying and I'll probably need a new one soon.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 26, 2012, 03:54:41 PM »
Had a BSOD during a short play of Skyrim, googled it and it seems others have had this problem so I hope it's just a Skyrim bug and not something possibly worse.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #124 on: January 26, 2012, 09:13:55 PM »
New games tend to put more strain on the newest features of the drivers.  I'd wait through a couple of driver releases before getting too concerned.
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 29, 2012, 12:36:20 AM »
unrelated, but now Chrome won't stop freezing up. It was shockwave that kept crashing, and I googled up a little how to that's supposedly supposed to fix that, but chrome will still freeze up and go unresponsive on me without warning.

Really getting sick of all these PC problems. It's been acting goofy recently and I almost installed a virus that looked like a chrome update. Also chrome has been acting like hell, constantly freezing up now and forcing me to close it, allowing pop ups to happen, showing me tons of adds despite me using ABP. I don't know why either, it used to run completely fine and block almost all adds and pop ups, now it does none of that. I would use FF, but it runs like complete shit all the time for some reason. I ran combofix and it did some things, going to run spybot now just to cover all my bases. Really, is there something big I'm missing that's causing all this stupid stuff to happen?

I also finally ran Latency, I feel like a moron for putting that off for so long, here is a screencap of the results. http://i.imgur.com/y9pAK.jpg

Also I'm never buying another geforce mobo, a tiny fan on mine has its own power cord nick the fan and make the most annoying sound I've ever heard.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 03:25:38 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #126 on: January 29, 2012, 04:06:33 AM »

How big a deal is this anyway?

Also, if combofix actually fixed some shit, you're in trouble. Anything that fixes is bad news :/
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #127 on: January 29, 2012, 04:41:19 PM »
Also I'm never buying another geforce mobo, a tiny fan on mine has its own power cord nick the fan and make the most annoying sound I've ever heard.

Wait a sec, did you mention this beforehand?  nForce motherboards, especially newer ones, tend to be unreliable.  My dad's last one (based on a 750i) had severe noise on the bus that made his system basically unusable.  My friend has a nForce 6 motherboard that support up to 8GB of RAM, but if you put 4GB or more in the onboard NIC will freak out and crash the system when it gets initialized.

I've pretty much been recommending non-nVidia everything until they get their idiotic hardware issues straightened out.  My biggest problem with ATI in the past mostly consisted of bad drivers, but at least that can be fixed (and AMD did really help that situation in recent years -- quality control has gone up drastically since AMD took over).  If you have bad hardware, there's not a goddamn thing you can do about it.
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 30, 2012, 01:34:27 AM »
No, but now I know. Evidently it's the casing of this small fan on my mobo that's been rattling. I've tightened the power corn and used some scotch tape on it and it seems quite for now.

Also while restarting my PC sort of messed up. I had to run my PC with my GPU off to see why the fan was making so much noise, and when I slapped everything together I got the error " Warning! now system is in safe mode. Please reset CPU or memory frequency in the CMOS set up" so I reset my CMOS and it seemed to restart somewhat fine (still had to hit a button to get to landing, but after that it seemed to work fine).

Also I have no idea if combofix got rid of anything (I ran it out of fear basically, and I hadn't done a virus search in a while) and I have no clue what that latency table is saying bobbias.

I wanna overclock :3c
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 03:10:36 AM by MortifiedocAlot »