Author Topic: I just got my A+ cert  (Read 3441 times)

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
I just got my A+ cert
« on: March 18, 2012, 10:34:24 PM »
Yeap that's right. I've been working for a company that sells IT training mostly for MS and Cisco certifications but we cover other areas as well. Enter the employee discount, and I get a year's worth of access to our Cisco package for 900 bucks. Awesome. Just got my CompTIA A+ ce Certification last month, so I feel pretty great about that.

I'm probably going to be moving on to Network/Security+ and Linux+ next. I don't feel that as time goes on, MS certs or even CS certs at this point will mean much since the world is moving to server virtualization and linux/open source solutions for IT departments or outsourcing companies.

Oh yea and I'm 23 and living in Tempe, AZ now, in a house with great friends of mine, so life has been going in the right direction. Next steps would be to get more certs, get a better paying job or even start my own consulting business for SOHO networks, get a new car, and shit.

Also I have been progressing greatly at mixing/DJing. Check out the new soundcloud and let me know what you think! www.soundcloud.com/elove8

PS this originally was just about my cert, hence being in the computing section, but turned into a catch up post since i've been gone a while. Hi guyz
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: I just got my A+ cert
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 04:09:38 AM »
 :o

Sup man. Glad to hear shit's turning out well.

Listened to part of the mix, and I liked what you were doing with it. I'm not a huge house fan, but either way, good work.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: I just got my A+ cert
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 12:32:24 AM »
Congrats!  Glad to hear that everything is going well.

I would definitely shoot for a CCNA at least.  That'll get you in pretty deep with Cisco and give you some nice experience with their routers.

Microsoft certs are always good, and management likes to see them, but I think they're getting diluted with all of the morons running out and getting them.  I swear, I could come up with a billion "retarded MSCE" stories just off the top of my head.
"This is a machine for making cows."