Author Topic: more questionssss  (Read 4348 times)

vladgd

• View Profile
more questionssss
« on: May 20, 2012, 10:23:29 PM »
so my internet frequently goes offline for 20 seconds at a time, it does this erratically.  it can d/c, then the next time it does it is in 2 hours, or it can d/c, then d/c again in 5 minutes.

its been doing this for at least two weeks now, which is hard to notice if you are browsing, but if you are playing a game requiring constant connection, or watching a stream...or streaming yourself, you really notice it. 

resetting the router doesn't work, and i think i may call up my ISP tomorrow to see if they can help.  however if any of you know of a solution, i want it now.

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
Re: more questionssss
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 10:43:57 PM »
1 - Do a full powercycle on your system. Unplug your modem for 25 seconds, router for 25 seconds.
2 - Also, the coaxial cable on the back of the modem, unscrew it, blow in the end, wipe down the tip and screw it back in.
3 - If that doesn't work, bypass your router and direct connect. Requires another powercycle on your modem after direct connecting. If this works, there's a problem with your router.
4 - If THAT doesn't work, check for a splitter in the wall with the coax cable and bypass the splitter and direct connect fully (Coax coming from the wall direct to your modem) If this works, there was a problem with the splitter.
5 - If that doesn't work, the modem is giving out and you need a new one, or the lines from within the house or from the pole to the house needs work done and you need a tech to go out there to fix it.

vladgd

• View Profile
Re: more questionssss
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 05:27:05 PM »
yeah i think its the modem now.  tried your suggestions, then called a tech and he had me to through the 192.168.35374hytj6t and the CMD whatnots. 

i believe hes sending a guy to fuss with the modem tomorrow.  something to do with errors and whatnot. 

as always i appreciate the assistance.