Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 248904 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2007, 03:04:38 AM »
Well, on a lv 58 rogue on that private server I was doing about 1200 DPS... That any good?
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2007, 03:12:48 AM »
Well, on a lv 58 rogue on that private server I was doing about 1200 DPS... That any good?

I'm level 50 with meh gear and my average crit is like 500. that's with a one handed weapon to. Also I got a 1000 crit when I was level 26, thank you execute.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2007, 03:46:51 AM »
Well, I was also exploiting a glitch, lol. On the server Cold Blood (Is that the one that guarantees a crit for the next offensive skill?) wouldn't disable, so every hit was a crit... But I'd be getting close to 800-1000 without it, really. I was using 2 badass weapons (I forget what they were). Pretty much, I was as pimped as a lv 58 could be.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Shoop Da Whoop

• errday im huslin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2007, 09:41:04 PM »
could you link me to a private server or two (If thats ok)? I want to try one out.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2007, 11:33:11 PM »
wowstatus.net has large list of private servers. And I highly suggest getting their WoW Front End to make switching between official and private servers easy (it edits the line in the WTF file that tells WoW where to get the realm list). Also, that program won't save the servers you add to it automatically, so make sure to save them before closing it the first time. And it's set up to use links on the site that read "Click here to add this server to your favorites", WoWFE will add the server and all the info when you click the link because it's a wowadd:// link.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Kulli

« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2007, 11:44:57 PM »
I blame the Rogue, Rogues are useless IMO, no offense or anything, I just think people roll them to be cheap.

I just cleared RFC as a rogue, asshole 8)

Also, does this mean you can level on a private server and have the same stats as if you played on a regular server?

if so, I'm going to be playing private when I make a new character
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 11:50:53 PM by Kulli »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2007, 01:04:12 AM »
Yes, some private servers are very close to blizzard standard servers. Some of them are funservers, for dicking around, and making unstoppable characters, and some of them are higher rate servers with some modifications so that you can go even higher level and such. The server that I was playing on had a max level of 85, and had some custom items for 70+ characters. You still had to make money to buy them and such, but moneymaking was pretty easy since you could take all the vendor trash from lv 60+ mobs and usually make like, 100-200 gold per inventory, which doesn't take long when you're dropping like, 5-10 trash items per mob. But, making 2k gold for each item to get the high level raid tiers still takes a while.
There's a lot of selection on these servers. I personally enjoy playing on them occasionally because you get a slightly faster game, depending on which server you use, and you can meet people easier, since there's usually a decent amount of regulars who you get to know.

Also, I'm kinda used to playing private servers since I've been playing on them in some form or another for like, 5 years now (different games, of course, lol. I think it started with mu online, though.) [Which happens to have the WORST server architecture I've ever seen. 8 programs with the main server program taking 300+ MB of ram, totaling about 800 MB of ram? No thanks....]
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 01:06:36 AM by Bobbias »

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2007, 01:52:57 AM »
Also, does this mean you can level on a private server and have the same stats as if you played on a regular server?

if so, I'm going to be playing private when I make a new character

Well yeah, it's the same game plus whatever the private server adds. You couldn't level really fast then switch your character to a blizzard server tho.

Kulli

« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2007, 05:55:37 PM »
hardcore bump

I'm having trouble with what to do now that I'm level 30. I need someplace to level to 30-35 in particular. My character is Alliance.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2007, 06:24:19 PM »
This always helped me, and they just updated it for BC.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/flashmap/

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2007, 08:03:40 PM »
30-35 i'd say go to STV.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2007, 02:33:04 AM »
30-35 i'd say go to STV.

Playing on a PVP server you would get ass raped frequently there. Plus it hyas random patches of high level enemies around.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2007, 03:56:04 AM »
Playing on a PVP server you would get ass raped frequently there. Plus it hyas random patches of high level enemies around.

Well, I play on a PVP server, and it's not that bad. It's a big enough place that you can hide fairly easily. Also, it's good to have those high level dudes, because you can spend a long time in there before you need to go some place else for leveling. It has you covered for a long time.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2007, 04:09:01 AM »
Just find a couple lvl 70 friends to help you power lvl in there for a bit.

Kulli

« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2007, 10:45:37 PM »
I still dunno what's with all the PvE hate, but whatever.

More importantly, I hit level 40 with my paladin, which means...PLATE AND CHEAP MOUNT