Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 248501 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #765 on: February 22, 2012, 02:09:40 AM »
So it looks like I'm raiding regularly again.  A buddy of mine from Turalyon decided to jump on and resurrect his old guild literally on the same night that I started playing again after a three month break.  Strangely, the reason I even knew about him coming back was because he cold messaged my unguilded goblin warlock (whom I rerolled recently) asking if I were interested in joining the guild and I simply recognized his name.

So yeah, awesome coincidence.

With his help and some considerable luck, I managed to bring my priest's item level from 358 to 377 (not to mention replacing all of the 3-4 pieces of PvP gear that I had) in one night (!), scoring about ten lucky drops between LFG and LFR.  As of right now we're 3/8 into Dragon Soul normal and would have gone farther if the raid leader didn't have to quit and deal with unexpected real life crap.

I wound up respeccing to disc/holy, from disc/shadow, and am happy to report that holy isn't worthless like it was when Cataclysm first launched.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #766 on: February 22, 2012, 12:17:50 PM »
Lol, good job. I'd like play some retail WoW now. Too bad the last time I played retail WoW was before TBC came out, lol.

I've never had the chance to properly raid in retail, thanks to soloing up a vanilla pally to level 40... That was punishment enough and I quit, and private servers are garbage for raiding.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #767 on: February 22, 2012, 07:36:51 PM »
Well, if you ever decide to hop on again let me know.  Blizzard went kinda nerf-happy on elites so, outside of dungeon quests, pretty much everything is soloable.  They tried to make up for it by making the quests themselves more interesting and rewarding.

What bugged me was that they nerfed a lot of the BC group quests, making them non-elite quests.  That pisses me off, because I have been able to solo every single one of them on every single class I've taken through that content.  It was a fun challenge but, alas, no more.  At least the Fel Reaver is still painful at level 60-70.  If they would have given him the nerf bat I would have been furious.
"This is a machine for making cows."