Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 248855 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #495 on: August 05, 2009, 12:32:50 AM »
DKs were always a good DPS class, it's just that you were specced wrong (Frost has been terrible for a while)

I know a good number of people that would disagree with you.  You get quite a few nice goodies toward the end of the tree.  Most of frost's best strengths come from its AoE abilities, it seems.  Frost Fever + Blood Plague + Pestilence + Howling Blast = a ton of 4000s flying through the air if you pull enough mobs.

That said, I'm so used to playing frost that I'm sucking with blood.  This is going to take some time to get used to...
"This is a machine for making cows."

Kulli

« Reply #496 on: August 05, 2009, 03:15:02 AM »
well, that and in PvP.

8k frost strikes ftl

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #497 on: August 05, 2009, 10:17:39 AM »
I don't PvP too much, I primarily do PvE.  I would always gather groups of enemies, pull them, infect all of them, and hit howling blast.  It's also quite useful for dungeons, in part due to the increased threat that frost presence generates.  Catching a group of enemies in death and decay, then increasing threat with a howling blast was always a pretty sure-fire way of keeping them focused on me (unless some other DK grabbed them with death grip for some stupid reason, then started running around in a panic because ZOMG ELITE ATTACKING ME).

I'm guessing that when all is said and done I'm most likely going to wind up speccing frost and undead -- frost for tanking, undead for DPS.  Blood is great at keeping me healed (like, 100% health at almost all times...crikey), but I don't find it as fun to play as frost.

Korremar

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 05, 2009, 03:31:29 PM »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #499 on: August 05, 2009, 10:22:46 PM »
^ Awesome. :D

Also, forgot to mention this.  Got my motherfucking netherwing drake.

I plan to collect them all down the road (GOTTA BUY THEM ALL! NETHERDRAKE!).

vladgd

« Reply #500 on: August 15, 2009, 01:20:54 AM »
this fucking game

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=92919.0

i will probably never quit it

all of what is there is fucking awesome, goddamnit blizzard

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #501 on: August 15, 2009, 02:20:29 AM »
My guild was buzzing about this tonight.

Some of the class/race combinations made me go O.o but some of it does make sense from a lore standpoint.  They were datamined, so there is a possibility that it could be inaccurate.

As for the rest of it, wow.  I hope most of that's true.  The game would be instantly bumped up to HOLY SHIT EPIC if they really intend to change it that much.

vladgd

« Reply #502 on: August 15, 2009, 02:49:39 AM »
and we will see how much of it is true come blizzcon, which is like a week away.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #503 on: August 15, 2009, 04:29:54 AM »
Holy fuck. If they implement half of what I'm reading there, that is going to be an absolute must have.

It's also going to be the biggest headache on earth for anyone working on making private servers compatible, lmao.

After reading some posts on that site, wow... Some people are pretty stupid. This is entirely plausible for Blizzard. They've been saying for years that they wanted to open up Gilneas (well, in fewer words) and have hinted at opening Hyjal for a long time. Time and time again they've thwarted people's probing into some of the closed areas, and have said they definitely want to open these places up again, so I'm not surprised that they would want to release an expansion opening new areas.

I can definitely see the use of dailies and generally revamping the lower level areas to work more like the expansion areas. I think it's a damn good idea, and almost see it as being necessary. Plus, this gives them a chance to revamp the main maps of the continents, and maybe they'll allow flight across Azeroth, instead of just in Outland and Northrend (they've said before that they would like to do that).

All in all, this looks pretty amazing.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 04:40:22 AM by Bobbias »
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 15, 2009, 04:35:21 PM »
and we will see how much of it is true come blizzcon, which is like a week away.
QFT.. there could be some false things around in there, but it also does sound like stuff blizz WOULD do at some point. We shall see what blizz does durin the con.

Also <3 flying in old world PLOX KTHX
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #505 on: August 15, 2009, 06:06:11 PM »
Well, their designers and such have talked about wanting to add flying in azeroth for a while, but it takes a lot of work to get the maps ready, since they need to revamp numerous areas that weren't meant to be seen, as well as all the technical issues preventing it from working in the first place. Revamping the entire azeroth map would give them an excuse to work flying into it.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #506 on: August 17, 2009, 10:49:03 AM »
I got in a good [For The Horde!] group last night and we slaughtered King Wrynn.  It wasn't even a fight.

Then we had some punkass cheating kid dual box and proceeded to get slaughtered in both Ironforge and the Exodar.  Lame.

The Alliance bastards then attempted to attack Orgrimmar and got absolutely creamed.  After that, a skeleton group killed the Exodar boss with a fucking hunter tank.

Yeah, the Alliance on my realm are pretty pathetic despite outnumbering us 3:1.  The only thing they can raid is the Crossroads.

Skorpion9x

• Om nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 17, 2009, 03:20:37 PM »
The leaked expansion notes do look awesome indeed. I can't wait to hear something official from Blizzcon. The funny thing is, it was exactly the same when Wrath notes were leaked - so many people said they were fake, bullshit, etc, but everything turned out to be true. Now people are saying the same stuff about this leak.

By the way, if anyone needs to learn a new spec or new class, go to www.elitistjerks.com (forums, class mechanics, class subforum). You can always find good information there. That's where I learned to play my DK. I rock the damage meters as blood spec. All you have to do is learn the rotation :). I nearly always outdps even better-geared DKs than myself when I'm grouped with them.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #508 on: August 17, 2009, 06:45:11 PM »
Nice. I'll have to check that place out. I've always wondered what the optimal rotations for some of my characters were, but never felt like seriously investigating that sort of thing myself.

And yeah, it's kinda funny to see people calling bullshit on all that stuff when many different employees have independently hinted at a good portion of the major points, such as opening Hyjal and Gilneas, flying on Azeroth (and the fact that enabling flying on Azeroth is a very large issue, since the original maps would have had to be practically remade.)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #509 on: August 17, 2009, 07:19:00 PM »
even going back to this thread reading stuff i already posted/read

i still have a slobbering boner over this, I WANT IT

so if/when this is announced, and if/when this thing comes out, i can transfer my paladin(shaman if it was horde)to whatever server and we can try and do some kind of SPEKTUR OFFICIAL WOW SURVR or whatever.  id prever a pve server(not to sound like a pussy, but after having played for years on a pvp server as both factions, i kind of enjoy being able to do shit without being ganked), but this thing won't be for a while (assuming, durp) so yeah, JUST PUTTING THAT OUT THERE.  the money for a transfer is well worth the expense if it means playing with other bros.  i mean, when i got into lich king, i was playing on vent with some irl friends and it was a fucking blast.  i mean, having 5 people to run heroics with, or even people just in vent to talk to about the game whilst casually leveling, makes leveling actually fun.