Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 248504 times)

Kulli

Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #690 on: November 16, 2010, 12:18:56 AM »
You claim to not be an "it", but you play(ed) WoW? pfft, make up your mind

Everyone knows females do not play WoW

EDIT: sorry about the tiger; never farmed/wanted it, personally, but oh well \o/

jinxie

• Meow!
  • cool kids club president 2004-2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: November 16, 2010, 12:42:48 AM »
I was trying to get all the saber mounts that I could.  :< I was only able to farm it about 4 times. D:

bleh.

someone buy me the spectral tiger. :V

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #692 on: November 16, 2010, 02:35:21 AM »
You claim to not be an "it", but you play(ed) WoW? pfft, make up your mind

Everyone knows females do not play WoW

And she it's actually a rather good unholy DK to boot.

Alliance unholy DK, but we can't all be perfect like me.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Kulli

« Reply #693 on: November 16, 2010, 03:50:33 AM »
if she it plays a female draenei, then fuck you. I used to play horde only until I discovered draenei; it's also been months since I faction-changed and I still long for my beautiful horns

jinxie

• Meow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: November 16, 2010, 10:28:57 AM »
And she it's actually a rather good unholy DK to boot.

Alliance unholy DK, but we can't all be perfect like me.

I'm only good 'cause you taught me things. :3

and yes, draenei.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #695 on: November 16, 2010, 09:08:15 PM »
if she it plays a female draenei, then fuck you. I used to play horde only until I discovered draenei; it's also been months since I faction-changed and I still long for my beautiful horns

See, I like draenei and night elves, but I love tauren and trolls.

Also, gnome warlocks are fun.  The chip on the shoulders of the ones in the n00b area are so huge they're almost planet-sized.

Kulli

« Reply #696 on: November 16, 2010, 10:05:55 PM »
draenei

delicious

night elves

I like their melee animations (esp. the females)

tauren

no

trolls

probably the most amusing race. I like how all trolls (even non-shamans) talk about voodoo and act like stoned Haitians/Jamaicans

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #697 on: November 17, 2010, 12:54:41 AM »
no

Yes.

War stomp ftw.

probably the most amusing race. I like how all trolls (even non-shamans) talk about voodoo and act like stoned Haitians/Jamaicans

That's pretty much the entire reason that I like them. :p  They've also got that hunched over, laid back look, which is pretty neat-o.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #698 on: November 17, 2010, 01:17:50 AM »
Always liked trolls. Neutral on taurens, and space goats, etc. Played a human character as my main (yeah, horde ftw and all that stuff), but most of the people I knew when I started playing, oh so long ago, were alliance, and humans were the ones I hated the least. I don't like playing small characters, and I liked the human starting area the best (it's not fucking halfway across the world from stormwind). For some reason I absolutely hate the undead.

God, I want to play on the official servers :/ Fuck I hate being broke. I've got a million things I need to pay for, and WoW isn't even close to the top of the list, but I really do miss playing on the official servers, especially now that I know more people that play (When I started, I only knew a couple people, everyone played on garithos, and basically everyone I knew dropped out of the guild, or the game, relatively quickly.)
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #699 on: November 21, 2010, 12:47:52 AM »
Soloed regular PoS in Cata Beta with my premade warrior (click to enlarge):

Surprisingly, it didn't take very many attempts.  I think I'm getting better at this whole "warrior" thing.

Edit: HoR is proving to be a bitch so far.  All it takes is for the mercenary to do one sap and you suddenly lose about 40k health in certain mob groups.  Enraged regeneration doesn't come off cooldown fast enough to compensate, the other self-heals aren't potent enough due to the new healing model introduced in 4.0 (i.e. higher HP with slightly higher heals, to prevent damage/healing spikes in raids/dungeons), potions and bandages (even the highest level ones) don't heal for enough, and you don't get enough of a break between waves to eat.  I think the best I was able to do was wave 4.

I'm going to keep working at it a bit.  The first major hurdle is going to be surviving the beginning.  The mercenaries are going to be tough to deal with without having constant heals due to the sheer amount of damage that they and their friends can inflict, especially if they stun me early in the battle.  The first boss would prove to be a pain due to his painful DoT and fear effect, though if I'm able to hold off on using enraged regeneration until I fight him I might be able to outlast him due to having a 129K [buffed] health pool).  As long as I stay out of the fire, the second boss should be cake.

The other part that troubles me is the end run.  I'm not entirely sure what the DPS requirements are going to be to clear that part on normal, but it's going to be rough.  I can usually maintain 12-15k with my limited fury warrior experience, but when I'm dealing with a bunch of weak mobs I usually run into issues with rage generation.  I think I would be able to survive the waves, because I don't recall any of those mobs hitting particularly hard in regular HoR.  With whirlwind, it would be pretty easy to damage the big guys while fending off the little ones.

Of course, that's assuming I can make it past the first gauntlet.  I'm going to try to form a new plan of attack for this one.  I've been thinking about abandoning the brute force LOS strategy that groups usually and kite the hell out of them (I figure, if I can stay out of range of the rifleman and mage, and keep the rogue in front of me, I might have a chance -- and the new heroic leap ability is great for clearing large stretches if things get rough).  I'm not going to give up without a hell of a fight (and repair bills so high that it'll give you nosebleeds just thinking about it).  Besides, until Cataclysm comes out I can always transfer over other premade characters with 5k gold a piece. ;)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 03:59:33 AM by Spectere »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #700 on: November 21, 2010, 03:53:25 AM »
lawl, power overwhelming.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Kulli

« Reply #701 on: November 21, 2010, 02:28:53 PM »
Why not just try prot?

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #702 on: November 22, 2010, 02:19:28 AM »
A prot spec would pretty much ensure that I wouldn't be able to DPS my way through the final gauntlet.  Also, in my experience with my DK, soloing in a tank spec really isn't particularly effective.  The amount of additional defense that you wind up getting is quickly offset by the increased length of the battle.  Plus, I think losing whirlwind and cleave would really hurt at the beginning of HoR.

Didn't have a chance to make another attempt today.  Maybe tomorrow.

Edit: I also have a feeling that frost DKs are quite overpowered (click for a full screenshot):

Howling blast, plague strike, and pestilence, followed by howling blast and blood boil spam, without having particularly good gear.  It just doesn't seem right.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 02:34:00 AM by Spectere »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #703 on: November 22, 2010, 03:30:06 AM »
This is where you mention that the DPS your beating is level 80 (IIRC)... lawl.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

jinxie

• Meow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: November 22, 2010, 01:49:56 PM »
<- Teknyx

brb, crying.