Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 248505 times)

Kulli

Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #735 on: December 07, 2010, 12:29:36 AM »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #736 on: December 07, 2010, 01:15:23 AM »
I've heard of that.  Didn't get a chance to jump on any of my Alliance toons to do it, though.
"This is a machine for making cows."

jinxie

• Meow!
  • cool kids club president 2004-2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: December 07, 2010, 03:29:32 PM »
I got 'Stood in the Fire' yesterday questing in Eastern Plaguelands.  holy shit was that out of nowhere.  It actually scared me because I had my speakers kind of loud lol

Also no cata for me until this weekend, I overspent on Christmas. :< My worgen warlock will have to wait.

Wonder how many worgen I will get in my dungeon finder groups this evening on my 44 mage... it would not surprise me.

edit: I realise now many could just be race changes. :< but it's still amusing.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 03:37:50 PM by jinxie »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #738 on: December 08, 2010, 12:22:59 AM »
Deathwing: U DIE NAO.
Jinxie: ;_;
Pyroko: i h8 dethwing >:(
Jinxie has died.
Jinxie has earned the achievement [Stood in the Fire].
Pyroko has died.
Pyroko has earned the achievement [Stood in the Fire].
Pyroko: i h8 blizerd >:(
Jinxie: ;_;!!!

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #739 on: December 10, 2010, 01:30:10 AM »
Yay, level 83.

Strangely enough, Vashj'ir feels buggier than it did in late beta.  I'm stuck at 140/150 quests complete because there are two major quests that are bugged.

I did a brief stint in Deepholm followed by a briefer stint in Hyjal, and now I'm in Uldum.  Fun!  Alchemy feels insanely easy to level for some reason.  Maybe it's because I went from 1-450 during WotLK, but it just feels like there's less obscure crap mixed in.  Haven't done much work on archeology, nor have I bothered to raise my cooking skill above 450.  We'll see how that goes.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #740 on: December 12, 2010, 04:17:56 AM »
Ding, 85.

I really really really really enjoyed Grim Batol.  An instance that makes you think?  In my WoW?  Yay Cataclysm!  Sure, Armegeddon and I were the only two from the original random group that stayed in long enough to learn the fights, but it was totally worth it.  I love actually having to use interrupts and slows in dungeons now.  It's just so much more involved and it really makes being a pew pewer interesting now.  Even the "hard" instance in Wrath didn't really require you to do anything special to save teh dayy1!111 (unless you CC the mobs at the beginning of HoR like my first group in there did).

Kulli

« Reply #741 on: December 12, 2010, 04:46:31 AM »
I can't wait until dungeons get nerfed.

Seriously, I don't want to think in a 5-man. Give me a raid (or a BG/arena) for that BS

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #742 on: December 12, 2010, 04:50:39 AM »
Fuck that noise.  When doing dailies becomes more interesting than doing high level dungeons there's something seriously wrong.

I actually got annoyed when heroics popped (queued for goblin rep and nothing else) before Cataclysm came out because the dungeons were so damn monotonous.  I'll take a reasonable challenge any day over that shit.

Kulli

« Reply #743 on: December 12, 2010, 04:57:31 AM »
My point was I don't want a challenge if I'm doing a PUG with strangers in a 5-man. I want to GTFO.

Do a guild progression raid for a challenge

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #744 on: December 12, 2010, 12:33:53 PM »
I'm gonna agree with spectere here. Dungeons need to be actually interesting.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #745 on: December 12, 2010, 02:23:46 PM »
My point was I don't want a challenge if I'm doing a PUG with strangers in a 5-man. I want to GTFO.

Do a guild progression raid for a challenge

And my point was that dungeons should be harder than slapping a keyboard.

The mechanics in the dungeons are not difficult by a long shot.  The point is that the dungeons actually have mechanics again, whereas in WotLK they practically didn't.  Almost every single encounter was a tank and spank.

Even the raids in WotLK weren't hard.  The only ones that proved to be somewhat of a challenge were TotGC and some encounters in ICC, and only because people stood in the fire because they were too used to the weaksauce dungeons.  After you get used to killing the ICC bosses it practically starts feeling like a dungeon, albeit with less room for error.

If you're having problems, wait for DBM or something similar to be updated so that it can do all of the thinking for you (though Blizzard's interface pretty much does that now anyway).

Kulli

« Reply #746 on: December 12, 2010, 02:31:45 PM »
If you're having problems, wait for DBM or something similar to be updated so that it can do all of the thinking for you (though Blizzard's interface pretty much does that now anyway).

I'm not playing at the moment; I'm going by what I've heard on the forums.

Even the raids in WotLK weren't hard.

And did you do Uld hard modes when they were relevant? ToGC when it was relevant? ICC hard modes before 30% buff?

Otherwise your opinion on raid difficulty is moot, I'm afraid. Blizzard balances "hard" through its hard modes; not normal.

I'm gonna agree with spectere here. Dungeons need to be actually interesting.

You haven't played in 4+ years. You have no idea how much the community's changed.

P.S. No they don't. Not for shitty blues, they don't. People didn't enjoy long, challenging heroics for shitty blues back in BC (REMEMBER? CUZ I WAS ACTUALLY THERE LOL), and they sure as hell aren't enjoying it now (check the Healing forums; while at the moment of this posting it's full of "I like it", for the last few days it was almost nothing but "fuck this shit")

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #747 on: December 12, 2010, 04:53:31 PM »
I wasn't geared in time to do Ulduar and ToGC, but I did ICC hard modes as an undergeared healer with a 10% buff.  I wasn't particularly impressed with the first wing.  The rest of the group wasn't particularly well geared, either, save for one person (the person who we used to run the hard modes).  The mechanics are not that difficult unless you're a 'tard.  Literally, outside of a few isolated mistakes, the only people that ever wiped my raid groups were 'tards.  There was no buff when I first started doing regular ICC.

Also, you're mistaking difficult mechanics for different play styles.  Most of the wipes that I've been involved in are because healers are royally overhealing, not because of the "difficult" mechanics.  Probably because the "difficult" mechanics are easy as hell if you have eyes.

P.S. No they don't. Not for shitty blues, they don't. People didn't enjoy long, challenging heroics for shitty blues back in BC (REMEMBER? CUZ I WAS ACTUALLY THERE LOL), and they sure as hell aren't enjoying it now (check the Healing forums; while at the moment of this posting it's full of "I like it", for the last few days it was almost nothing but "fuck this shit")

Yeah, that's because shit changed.  Considering, as you say, you've been playing for all this time, you should know that people always QQ when anything changes in this game.  They either suck it up and deal, quit WoW and sign up to one of the many "WoW-killers" that are out, or find out that they whined, bitched, and complained about something that was perfectly fine.

I'm not playing at the moment; I'm going by what I've heard on the forums.

No comment necessary.

Kulli

« Reply #748 on: December 12, 2010, 05:03:30 PM »
I wasn't geared in time to do Ulduar and ToGC, but I did ICC hard modes as an undergeared healer with a 10% buff.  I wasn't particularly impressed with the first wing.  The rest of the group wasn't particularly well geared, either, save for one person (the person who we used to run the hard modes).  The mechanics are not that difficult unless you're a 'tard.  Literally, outside of a few isolated mistakes, the only people that ever wiped my raid groups were 'tards.  There was no buff when I first started doing regular ICC.

Respectable enough, then. But what about H LK?

Most of the wipes that I've been involved in are because healers are royally overhealing, not because of the "difficult" mechanics.

There was a multiple-page thread about how healers can only use 2 (at most 3) different heals in heroics or else they go OOM. Most hate it.

They either suck it up and deal, quit WoW and sign up to one of the many "WoW-killers" that are out, or find out that they whined, bitched, and complained about something that was perfectly fine.

Because Blizz is always right. It can't be bosses are overtuned and healing is undertuned--nah bro, it's just whining. While there are always complaints after a change, this is different from the usual.

No comment necessary.

I hate dragon slaying; what can I say? My loves are PvP and the AH. Yet, sometimes I need to go into 5-mans (or even raids) for something, and when I do, I prefer it really easy. PvE is almost never fun, and anything that can get me out quicker is the best.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #749 on: December 12, 2010, 06:22:05 PM »
Respectable enough, then. But what about H LK?

My guild disbanded before we had the opportunity.

There was a multiple-page thread about how healers can only use 2 (at most 3) different heals in heroics or else they go OOM. Most hate it.

Most healers are shitty.  What's new?

At least this weeds out the ones who can't do more than cast one spell over and over again.

Because Blizz is always right. It can't be bosses are overtuned and healing is undertuned--nah bro, it's just whining. While there are always complaints after a change, this is different from the usual.

Actually, most of the dungeon groups that I've been in have zero problems as long as the people aren't fucking stupid.  The only people who have problems are the Wrath idiots who think that all they should have to do is press a giant I WIN button and Blizzard will hand them epics.  Fuck them.

I literally had a healer earlier that said "all I should have to do is throw a HoT and spam nourish."  Yeah.  Okay.  Healers are finally having to do what priests have always had to do -- use what's optimal for the situation -- and tanks need to watch their pulls, and DPS needs to have more than two things on their bar.  Heaven forbid people actually have to use all of those fancy spells that Blizzard programmed in.

I hate dragon slaying; what can I say? My loves are PvP and the AH. Yet, sometimes I need to go into 5-mans (or even raids) for something, and when I do, I prefer it really easy. PvE is almost never fun, and anything that can get me out quicker is the best.

The thing is, Blizzard already separated PvP and PvE for the most part when Wrath came out.  I could see having to run BC dungeons, because I distinctly recall PvP gear dropping from them.  The only thing that's connected is the ability to occasionally get honor from dungeons (though I think that's only a Wintergrasp/Northrend thing) and the ability to get started with PvP by buying lower level gear from the emblem vendors.

The only time I could see having to raid for PvP gear is if you're doing VoA or, presumably, the one in Tol Borad.  Outside of that, I can't see the need.