Author Topic: The Metroid Thread!  (Read 8886 times)

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
The Metroid Thread!
« on: October 15, 2007, 11:33:09 PM »
That's right!  Brag about your end game scores and ridiculous sequence breaks, ask questions, whatever!  As long as it's about any of the ten Metroid games!

EDIT: Also, post the degree of which you've actually played the games below.

For your information, that's:

METROID (1987) - Almost beat it
METROID: ZERO MISSION (2004) - Beat it, best time 2:00.11 or some dumb shit, best collection is around 98%.
METROID PRIME (2002) - I get up to the second form of the metroid prime, and fuck up badly. :(
METROID PRIME II: DARK ECHOES (2004) - Emperor Ing, I'll get you one of these awful days! >:(
METROID PRIME III: CORRUPTION (2007) - I don't even have a Wii!
METROID II: RETURN OF SAMUS (1991) - I made this baby my bitch first playthrough.  I got the best time range, around 80% collection, I think.
METROID III: SUPER METROID (1993) - 97% in 4:38, don't remember my other times.
METROID IV: METROID FUSION (2002) - 100% in 3:40 or so... my save is at 3:33, and it's right before the Sa-X and Omega Metroid.

and wherever these go
METROID PRIME: HUNTERS (who cares :p) - Didn't get very far.
METROID PRIME PINBALL (some time between prime I and prime II) - Lolz

Anyway, I just played Super Metroid most of the day, and I beat it 97% in 4:38 with occasional help from a gamefaqs map.  I'm still missing four missile tanks or so, my final 100% score will probably be 5:00+ unless I can plan a route well enough that can get me the tanks and back to the samus ship in 15 minutes.  I dunno.

EDIT: On second analysis, I can't find a single thing that I didn't get on this map.  I've got 14 Energy Tanks, 215 Missiles, 50 Super Missiles, and 50 Power Bombs. WTF.

Also, I did some pretty bitchin' sequence breaks while playing.  I got the super missiles and reserve tank early, and also got the wave beam early... which meant I could go fight Crocomire early, by opening a gate that was supposed to lead to the wave beam AFTER beating Crocomire!  I beat Crocomire before I even got the speed boots :D
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 06:02:39 PM by Kuroneko »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: The Metroid Thread!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 11:51:35 PM »
Nice. I haven't played very far in the games, though I have beaten Super Metroid. It makes me sad to hear that it took so long for the term Sequence Break to be coined, though.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 12:22:13 AM »
Lessee...

The games I've played most are Zero Mission and Fusion.  I ran Zero Mission in just under an hour before (58 minutes, I believe) and my Fusion time stands are around 1:10.  My best 100% time on Zero Mission is...2:30, maybe?  I haven't tried doing a 100% run in Fusion yet...my 100% file on that is around 7 hours because I stubbornly refused to use a map. :P

I was in the midst of another go through Super Metroid a couple of months ago.  I'll probably continue that when I find my SNES.

I also took great pleasure of skipping numerous parts in Metroid Prime.  I've only beaten it once and didn't really go for time at all.  That series is more about immersion for me. :)
"This is a machine for making cows."

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 12:46:47 AM »
Prime 3 is amazing.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 01:44:55 AM »
Only game I was really into was Super Metroid.. That's another game I want a controller to play. It's so much harder using the keyboard with an emulator.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 06:16:23 AM »
erm

beat super metroid
beat zero mission
currently waiting to get the wave beam to kill riddley in the original metroid
got to the point where i needed a bunch of artifacts to get to meta riddley in metroid prime, but got bored/quit because of it
can't seem to find the sniper weapon in metroid prime hunters, otherwise, im pretty far

that sums it up

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 12:52:49 PM »
Guyze let's talk about something I can speedrun too, like doom ;_;

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 06:35:49 PM »
get your doom out of here, this is the metroid thread :D

also I just beat Super Metroid again, on the same save, but I went back and got the three tanks I missed (finding them with the help of the map).  It actually went pretty well, I had to go down to green brinstar and get a second missile tank in the room with the reserve tank, then get the one that was really close to Kraid, and then get a third one the the ghost ship.  It took me about five minutes.  Anyway, my new record is 4:44 with 100%

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 06:53:17 PM »
I've beaten the GBA metroids, I've done metroid prime (great game) and beat corruption not to long ago. Also echos was a pain in the ass, the constant moving back between light and dark sucked, waay to much backtracking.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 11:26:44 PM »
4:44, nice man, I always like when people get runs of 3 numbers :P

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2007, 05:10:35 PM »
I was bored this morning so I started a game of Super Metroid... this time, on my REAL cartridge!  SNES controllers help a lot when playing games... designed for the SNES anyway I beat the game 100% clear but I don't know my time (I couldn't stick around long enough for the credits to show my time, my mom was rushing me out the door to go to 7-Eleven).  I'm about to beat the game again so I can see approximately what clear time I had.  I suspect it was about 2:22 to 2:27 though.  I effectively cut my time in half just by knowing where all of the items were this time, and playing it on the platform it was meant to be on. xD

Also, anybody think they know why Ridley has a heart shaped room in his lair? ^_^;;

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2007, 06:07:14 PM »
Hell yeah, I couldn't play SM on emulators...it was too different.  I was pretty comfortable playing it on PSP as well (same controller, slightly worse d-pad) but the framerate was too low. ;_;

As for your question, I think Ridley secretly loves Samus.  Kinda like the Browser-Peach relationship.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2007, 01:35:37 AM »
As for your question, I think Ridley secretly loves Samus.  Kinda like the Browser-Peach relationship.

Damn Nintendo and their interspecies sexual attractions.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2007, 05:18:32 AM »
Damn Nintendo and their interspecies sexual attractions.

But if they stopped with the interspecies attractions, what on earth would be left for me to fap to?  Like, that picture of Ridley banging a metroid...that's some hot shit right there. disregard post plz

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2007, 08:52:21 AM »
okie np spec.

Oh, and I don't think I've ever played any metroid games. srs.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.