The Chatterbox > Creation Station

Gaming Screenshots

(1/3) > >>

Zephlar:
Come on Spectere I know you have some good ones.

I'll start with a couple Skyrim Screenies.

Ian's favorite, the lens flare.

Spectere:
MY EYE IS NOT A CAMERA DANGBURNIT. That said, it's pretty incredible how amazing Skyrim can look thanks to the modding community and the fact that Bethesda is perfectly content with people modding the shit out of their games. They're one of my favorite companies for that fact alone.

Anyway, I'll see what I can do! I've been playing a shocking amount of Minecraft, Undertale, Grim Dawn, and a bunch of other games that leave my system feeling exceedingly bored, so after I get over that little kick I'll try to find something perdy. I think I might still have a few nearly maxed 4K Far Cry 4 screenies (only thing that wasn't cranked was AA, and my system could only hold around 55fps for those...what a piece of junk!) somewhere...I'll have to look for them at some point.

Zephlar:

--- Quote from: Spectere on November 07, 2015, 10:34:39 PM ---MY EYE IS NOT A CAMERA DANGBURNIT. That said, it's pretty incredible how amazing Skyrim can look thanks to the modding community and the fact that Bethesda is perfectly content with people modding the shit out of their games. They're one of my favorite companies for that fact alone.

Anyway, I'll see what I can do! I've been playing a shocking amount of Minecraft, Undertale, Grim Dawn, and a bunch of other games that leave my system feeling exceedingly bored, so after I get over that little kick I'll try to find something perdy. I think I might still have a few nearly maxed 4K Far Cry 4 screenies (only thing that wasn't cranked was AA, and my system could only hold around 55fps for those...what a piece of junk!) somewhere...I'll have to look for them at some point.

--- End quote ---

I concur. I hope the same applies to Fallout 4. I can already see where texture nazi's are going to be going ham. From a couple reviews I looked at the texture resolution is still crap with clothes and certain environmental bits.

Also, I would LOVE to see some FC4 in 4k! I have to keep my MSAA at x4 or lower usually for 50-60fps.

Spectere:
I wish people would understand that it's insanely hard to have detailed textures in an open world game, given the RAM/VRAM limitations on current systems. Modern consoles are dealing with 5GB of shared data (with something like 3GB reserved for the OS) and your average PC video card only has 2-4GB. The only reason Skyrim mods look so good nowadays is because GPUs evolved accordingly. I'm sure Fallout 4 will evolve in much the same way, with people releasing massive texture packs as newer GPUs come out.

More than anything else, I hope Bethesda updated their engine to be 64-bit native. Memory constraints were a huge problem for Skyrim, and ENBoost was a pretty hacky way around 32-bit limitations (but it's definitely clever and effective).

The main killer for FC4 (and most games, really) were the NVIDIA GameWorks effects, most notably the fur. The fur is the main thing that I had to turn off to get the game to play at over 30fps on my GTX 680 (to be fair, for the age of the card, I can't really complain too much about that). I think if I sacrificed fur I could probably get 60fps at 4K even with MSAA 4x with my rig, but considering I'm using DSR (I don't have a 4K TV or monitor) I think I'd rather have the fancy fur/hair. :P

But yeah, I'll see if I still have those JPEGs lying around.

Zephlar:
Would it be difficult to make the detailed textures a customization option? Legit question I'm not as savvy with the technical inner workings.

Also yeah as much as I love consoles this is why I've stayed on the PC road for the last few years. The only benefit I'm missing out on is maybe playing a couple games with friends over live, and the community on Xbox in general. It's not really an issue though because there is nothing next gen I'm missing out on playing with.

How do you turn off the fur in FC4?

So also, for the first time my Skyrim is broken and I can't seem to fix it or find a solution. I updated NMM and it had to uninstall, then re-install all my mods. My game now crashes at startup even though LOOT is giving me no errors or warnings. I've been told a couple times to switch to MO.

Here is the Load Order and TES5Edit log. Dunno if this is something you could decipher but outside of a clean install I dunno what else to do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version