Author Topic: Skyrim Remaster  (Read 3181 times)

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
Skyrim Remaster
« on: October 17, 2016, 04:34:03 PM »
So wizards of all that is geeky, what can we expect from a jump to 64 bit?

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
Re: Skyrim Remaster
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 01:34:55 PM »
Just to clarify, it's 100x better than the OG.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 10:54:49 AM »
To answer your old, original question, increased stability. One of the biggest problems with Skyrim is that it likes to run itself out of memory, especially if you ran one too many mods (one of the best reasons to run ENBseries was for the RAM boost).

I'm not sure if I'm going to make the switch just yet. The lack of SKSE (due to the major refactor required to support 64-bit) makes me a sad panda, since that locks out some of the most useful UI replacement, which Skyrim definitely needs. At least some of the critical mods (unofficial patches, etc) work just fine.

The thing that I kind of want to see are those gorgeous looking environmental effects. I heard that the textures weren't too terribly impressive, but that's easily fixed.
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 11:03:13 PM »
I ended up getting this on ps4, only to play skyrim on the couch again, not even for mods (not my thing in most games).

It's skyrim, but it crashes less(but it still crashes, it's still a bethesda game after all), and looks a little better.

At launch and for around a week after, the ps4 version would not fit my tv, the text on the left and right sides were cut off with no way to fix it, but it has since been fixed.