Author Topic: dont develop an adderall addiction kids  (Read 3142 times)

A2P

• View Profile
dont develop an adderall addiction kids
« on: June 12, 2017, 01:22:29 AM »
shits unhealthy
Nice to see another memorable name though.

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
Re: dont develop an adderall addiction kids
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 11:13:57 AM »
It's legal meth. I think adderall is disgusting and it makes me sick how parents just throw that garbage on their children.

I took it for a few weeks recreationally in 2010 with some idiot friends of mine. Even snorted and smoked it in a blunt a few times. After a few days of not doing it I had the worst couple days of my life and contemplated suicide even, which is NOT me at all. I did some research online on the last day of withdraw and started reading forums where addicts talk about their addictions with it. It was the first time I realized what adderall really is. I honestly had no idea it was amphetamines until I researched it that day. I never touched it again.

My sister was a meth addict many years ago, and we thought she had overcome that addiction. I busted her snorting adderall and realized this was how she was substituting that addiction. Fortunately she's since cleaned up but I can write a novel about what a nightmare that was and how it almost destroyed her.

A2P

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 02:34:57 PM »
Try to go easy on your sis if she's truly trying to overcome a stimulant addiction. I just cleaned up a week ago and the shits hard sometimes
Nice to see another memorable name though.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 03:18:08 PM »
I actually had no idea how bad adderall is. I figured it was just a strong stimulant. Damn.

Glad you were both able to kick the habit.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 05:13:37 PM »
Well for me it wasn't like a habit I had to kick, unless you were referring to my sister. I sort of just dabbled with various substances in my early to mid 20's but never allowed myself to get "addicted" to anything. The only thing I've been doing for 12 years  that I've not been able to kick is weed. To me it's no worse than having a couple beers after a long day.

Also A2P, I know what you're saying, and it sounds to me like you're still well within the common relapse period so good luck to you. From my small experience with it personally, and watching what my sister has gone through, I can understand how difficult this is. I just hope you can find it in yourself to believe you don't actually need it. After a point it doesn't even help anymore (the focusing, getting shit done, feeling better/smarter/quicker), it only harms you. I truly hope you can do this.

The problem is most parents don't educate themselves enough about it before they administer it to their children at the doctors orders. God forbid kids act like kids and get all hyper and distracted.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 05:33:26 PM »
Regardless, if adderall withdrawal made you feel suicidal then I'm glad you walked far away from it. Best of luck to your sister, too. I hope she's able to stay clean.

Weed, at least, seems fairly benign (never touched it, never plan to). I still have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that it's illegal in most of the US while tobacco is legal.

And yeah, gotta love that ADD/ADHD diagnosis, huh? My best friend was diagnosed with "ADD" (a.k.a. being a kid) back in the day and was put on Ritalin. Strangely enough, putting a kid on stimulants only serves to make them worse. When he got taken off of Ritalin in 5th grade his behavior and demeanor improved immediately.

That's actually one of the reasons I only consume caffeine "recreationally" (i.e. 0-200mg per week, spread throughout). I used to ingest about 300-500mg daily and it left me unable to focus, unable to sleep, and extremely irritable. It's funny how much legal, non-Rx substances can affect you.
"This is a machine for making cows."