Author Topic: does anyone here play online poker on betcoin?????  (Read 5294 times)

A2P

• View Profile
does anyone here play online poker on betcoin?????
« on: June 18, 2017, 08:04:04 PM »
??????????????????????????
Nice to see another memorable name though.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: does anyone here play online poker on betcoin?????
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 12:38:04 AM »
Can't read my
Can't read my
No he can't read my poker face

(Nah, I'm pretty shit at poker)
"This is a machine for making cows."

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 03:16:42 PM »
No, never heard of betcoin, but I play poker whenever I can IRL. It's one of my favorite games of all time. I made a stupid amount of money playing cash game Texas hold em poker when I was selling pot and dating a stripper a decade ago. Shame I was a fucking idiot with money back then.

Or just an idiot period.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 03:34:42 PM by Zephlar »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 03:51:24 PM »
selling pot and dating a stripper a decade ago

Y-Town Thug Lyfe?

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 04:51:55 PM »
Y-Town Thug Lyfe?

Prettttty much. You know the typical Y-town BS.

When I initially met you at Southern Park Mall I had never done anything. Not even had a drink before. Once I hit about 19-20 I got my little heart broken by my first love and was working at restaurants with a bunch of people who partied. I just kind of turned into a party animal for the next 5-6 years. It wasn't until I moved to Atlanta GA I realized that's not who I am.

Are you still in Y-town/Struthers? I know you said maybe by end of this year you might be going elsewhere.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 05:30:09 PM by Zephlar »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 05:54:45 PM »
Yeech. I guess love can be a funny thing, huh? Sorry that happened to you; that's a horrible age for shit like that to happen.

Yep, still living in Struthers. Actually living with the folks again for two main reasons: 1) I'd rather rent the upstairs than deal with apartment bullshit again (plus, the rent money helps them out, so it's a win-win) and 2) I'm leery about getting a house when I may not be in the area next year. I've already done some looking into the Akron/Canton area, and I'm really not opposed moving out around there.

That said, I'm not in too big of a hurry to leave the area. I have a fairly decent job here, so that's going to give me plenty of time to make sure that I'm doing the right thing. The only real downside is that it's on Belmont, across from the Wal-Mart, and I'm sure you remember what that area is like. :P If nothing else, it's a good motivation for me to get my CCW.

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 09:54:32 AM »
Yeech. I guess love can be a funny thing, huh? Sorry that happened to you; that's a horrible age for shit like that to happen.

It's ok I don't regret anything I did during that time. It was a good life experience. Most people's first love doesn't work out it's just part of life. But yeah the age it happened I was pretty maliable to my peers.

Yep, still living in Struthers. Actually living with the folks again for two main reasons: 1) I'd rather rent the upstairs than deal with apartment bullshit again (plus, the rent money helps them out, so it's a win-win) and 2) I'm leery about getting a house when I may not be in the area next year. I've already done some looking into the Akron/Canton area, and I'm really not opposed moving out around there.

That said, I'm not in too big of a hurry to leave the area. I have a fairly decent job here, so that's going to give me plenty of time to make sure that I'm doing the right thing. The only real downside is that it's on Belmont, across from the Wal-Mart, and I'm sure you remember what that area is like. :P If nothing else, it's a good motivation for me to get my CCW.

Honestly man if you managed to find a good job in that area and are saving bookoo bucks living with them (and helping them) that's a win win for sure. When the time comes to get a house or make a big move you'll at least be financially capable without killing yourself with stress. I've been out on my own since I was 18 and used to envy that kind of relationship with parents where my friends were staying with them saving money. Also I've met your folks and you seemed to have really great parents. I wouldn't want to leave them. Plus that's gotta feel good you can help make their lives easier splitting living expenses.

And yeah I used to work at the Youngstown Crab Company down that way I remember how shitty that area was lol.

Also I agree about not buying a house yet. Wait about 5 years and see where you are. Housing is dirt cheap in Youngstown so if it comes down to it, it won't be so bad buying a home when the time comes. Plus you could just sell or rent it out anyway. Although I'd be hesitant to be a landlord in the Yo if you know what I mean lol

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 10:33:52 AM »
Yep. My biggest mistake in 2008 was moving to an expensive area (eastern Maryland) without having much of a clue as to what I was getting myself into. It took me a while to recover from that financially (and mentally--the job I had when I was out there was something else).

I am fortunate to have the parents that I do. I have a couple of friends that come from pretty dysfunctional families, so I've gotten a glimpse at what that can be like.

I'm up at Classic Optical right now, so I'm over on the other side of the street. Currently a full-time web developer (well, that's my title, anyway...in reality I do wayyyyy more than that).

The main reason I want to get a house is so that I can have some more space. Things are a bit on the cramped side right now, but I'm making them work. I'd really love to be able to build myself a decent workshop. My soldering station and project area right now is pretty small. Not a huge deal, just more of a future goals sort of thing.

And yeah, my brother has experience being a Youngstown landlord. After hearing some of his stories, I'd rather not go through that, haha.

A2P

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 09:03:05 PM »
Yep. My biggest mistake in 2008 was moving to an expensive area (eastern Maryland) without having much of a clue as to what I was getting myself into. It took me a while to recover from that financially (and mentally--the job I had when I was out there was something else).

I am fortunate to have the parents that I do. I have a couple of friends that come from pretty dysfunctional families, so I've gotten a glimpse at what that can be like.

I'm up at Classic Optical right now, so I'm over on the other side of the street. Currently a full-time web developer (well, that's my title, anyway...in reality I do wayyyyy more than that).

The main reason I want to get a house is so that I can have some more space. Things are a bit on the cramped side right now, but I'm making them work. I'd really love to be able to build myself a decent workshop. My soldering station and project area right now is pretty small. Not a huge deal, just more of a future goals sort of thing.

And yeah, my brother has experience being a Youngstown landlord. After hearing some of his stories, I'd rather not go through that, haha.

God damn, that's rough bro. Glad you're not letting that experience psychologically disturb you.

Hell, I envy you.
Nice to see another memorable name though.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2017, 11:08:24 AM »
I'm amazed it didn't have more of an effect on me. This is a job where I ended up working an 18 hour day and was so exhausted that I was literally hallucinating. The thing that made me quit was when I considered jumping off a third floor balcony a much better alternative than going to work. The fact that I almost fucking did it freaked me out so much that I resigned on the spot.

It took me a little while to recover from that experience, but I think it made me a stronger person in the long run.

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2017, 12:21:08 PM »
I'm amazed it didn't have more of an effect on me. This is a job where I ended up working an 18 hour day and was so exhausted that I was literally hallucinating. The thing that made me quit was when I considered jumping off a third floor balcony a much better alternative than going to work. The fact that I almost fucking did it freaked me out so much that I resigned on the spot.

It took me a little while to recover from that experience, but I think it made me a stronger person in the long run.

Damn son. That is fuckin intense. When I was running the restaurant in Pittsburgh I was pulling 15 hour days 7 days a week, but I never hated the job. It was just pure exhaustion. If any person dreads getting up and going to their job, they should definitely immediately start looking elsewhere.

I'd say that was still a good experience for you in the long run yeah. Kind of tones down the other bullshit in life when you can be like "Yeah it sucks, but it's not as bad as that time.....".

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2017, 02:49:33 PM »
The hours weren't generally that intense with that job (and fuck it, going to come right out and say who it is: Nielsen Media Research), but the pay sucked ($30k/year in the Baltimore area is NOT a livable wage), the conditions were awful, and my supervisor was literally the worst human being I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. One of my first experiences with him was him berating his wife over the phone. That should have been a sign that I needed to GTFO, but it's amazing what you'll put up with if you need to try to hold down a job.

If nothing else, it helped me get better at standing up for myself. From that point forward I've been far more apt to call managers and supervisors out if they try to pull a bunch of bullshit.

I did kind of get the last laugh, in a way. This guy disliked me to the point that when I put my notice in, he told me to stop working immediately, so I behaved myself and did as I was told. I didn't organize anything, I made no records of my last resolved calls, and I basically just plopped everything as-is into the boot of the piece of junk company car that they assigned me. I hope that pissed him off.

And yet I still can't imagine pulling 15 hours a day, 7 days a week. That's like perpetual crunch time. I've had periods where I was pulling 10-12 hours a day for 7 days a week, but that extra 3-5 hours makes a huge difference. I guess it all comes down to how much you enjoy what you do.