Author Topic: So I'm thinking about making this my new home forum  (Read 4504 times)

A2P

• View Profile
So I'm thinking about making this my new home forum
« on: June 25, 2017, 09:08:16 PM »
Not solely because of rhythm gaming, but because you guys have been, and will always be legit

Spec, should I bring more traffic here, or do you wish to remain low-key? I will respect either decision you make out of my inquiry.
Nice to see another memorable name though.

vladgd

• View Profile
Re: So I'm thinking about making this my new home forum
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 10:44:15 PM »
I'm not sure this place is like that anymore. A lot of people left over the years, so it's more of a place a handful of people occasionally check up on to see whats poppin'. Nothing wrong with that of course, but the arch0wl days and even a few years after are looooooooooooooooooooooong gone. Even people like me with probably THOUSANDS of hours into stepmania has pretty much retired from rhythm games completely, and I haven't touched stepmania in years. Fucking bemani doesn't even give a shit anyway, I'd happily give them money for even a ps3 version of beatmania, let alone a modern release, but no, fuck them, im playing old street fighter instead.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 11:15:17 AM »
I don't touch SM much any more, but I'm still pretty active on Osu!Mania, even though it's a shit game. I drop by when I think of it to see what's up. I'm happy to see this place getting some activity again.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 04:01:26 PM »
I don't touch SM much any more, but I'm still pretty active on Osu!Mania, even though it's a shit game. I drop by when I think of it to see what's up. I'm happy to see this place getting some activity again.

Yeah it's become a habit to check the forum daily for me at the office. I would love to see the community grow.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 11:13:34 AM »
I probably play more Bemani nowadays than I did in the a0.com days. <_<; The fact that there's a Bemani haven ~3 hours from me ($15, all day free play!) probably helps.

I don't really touch StepMania all that much nowadays, though. Occasionally I'll boot it up for funsies, play a bunch of old shit, and be satisfied, haha.

Spec, should I bring more traffic here, or do you wish to remain low-key? I will respect either decision you make out of my inquiry.

Sure, as long as they behave. :P
"This is a machine for making cows."

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 12:22:41 PM »
This is more of a general nerdy forum anywhere. Not really SM specific anymore.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 02:52:33 PM »
And boy have we endured...it's crazy to think about how long this little place has been around (since Sept 9, 2004!).

I still think it's a shame that Drama(TM) killed off arch0wl.com. I remember talking to him on the phone about the future of the site and he had fully intended to keep it around for much longer. Of course, with the number of regulars to that site, combined with the average users' age (I think I was 21 when it shut down, and I was still one of the oldest regulars there), it was probably inevitable that something like that would happen. I guess I just wasn't expecting everything to escalate as quickly as it did.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 02:58:06 PM by Spectere »

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 03:58:33 PM »
And boy have we endured...it's crazy to think about how long this little place has been around (since Sept 9, 2004!).

I still think it's a shame that Drama(TM) killed off arch0wl.com. I remember talking to him on the phone about the future of the site and he had fully intended to keep it around for much longer. Of course, with the number of regulars to that site, combined with the average users' age (I think I was 21 when it shut down, and I was still one of the oldest regulars there), it was probably inevitable that something like that would happen. I guess I just wasn't expecting everything to escalate as quickly as it did.

If I remember correctly wasn't there some issues with his GF or ex GF who was a member of the site? I don't remember exactly what the straw that broke the camel's back was.

And it is a shame, but also kind of awesome in a way. It's like if Saw had only made the first movie and never continued on. It would have been a legend that didn't subject itself to tarnishing it's name with all those sequels. A0 will always be remembered as by it's users as something special and awesome that, like Mitch Hedberg, died in it's prime.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 09:02:56 PM »
Yeah, it definitely ran way deeper than simple forum drama. I wasn't around during the final hours (I literally went to log in one day and there was nothing), but from what I understand things got very fucked up.

And that is very true. It didn't go into a death spiral. It just was, all the way up until it wasn't.

A2P

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2017, 11:42:02 AM »
Citruisgate2k5
Nice to see another memorable name though.