Author Topic: Having some PC problems...Any help would be great.  (Read 3727 times)

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
Having some PC problems...Any help would be great.
« on: June 29, 2017, 03:57:42 AM »
Just got my internet up and running recently...Everything seemed to be fine for the most part. Except for today.
Turned off my PC last night with no problems, when I went to turn it on today, everything powered and booted up, but my monitor (Devant TV connected HDMI) wouldn't come on and I didn't hear the normal *Beep* when starting up my PC.
So I shut it down, checked the net for others having the same problem and did almost everything they told me to do.
Swapped the RAM slots, cleaned the RAM connectors, secured the P4 connector on the Motherboard, removed and reconnected graphics card, checked all connectors and cords, everything is in snug and proper. So I continuously shut down and turn on the PC trying all these fixes, then randomly, it comes back on, boots up and all is well. Then after a few minutes, pooof, PC locks up, can't do anything and am forced to restart. Lo and behold, after the restart, it starts doing the same thing again. So I found another "temporary fix" for it.
Taking out and putting back in the CMOS battery to force the "set date and time" in the bios. That seems to have worked to "fix" it each time so far, but evern after doing that, I started up a game of Overwatch (Everything seemed perfect) then a couple minutes into the game, the display went blank again. I pressed some keys on the keyboard and heard the PC make a few beeping noises, then afterwards, nothing but a blank screen.
So I again removed the CMOS battery and put it back in and now here I am writing this out. Can ANYone help me with a full 100% fix for this annoying problem? Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.
P.s - Will post all PC specs in a moment, just want to save this just in case the PC fucks up again.

Update -
PC Specs are as follows -
All parts are a little over 1 year old, so everything is still relatively new.

Operating System
Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1607 (build 14393.1358)
Install Language: English (United States)
System Locale: English (United States)
Installed: 8/11/2016 5:54:48 AM
Servicing Branch: Current Branch (CB)
Boot Mode: Legacy BIOS in UEFI (Secure Boot not supported)

System Model
SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO.,LTD Samsung Desktop System CAAAAAAF
System Serial Number: HL4J98CC79002S
Asset Tag: Base Board Asset Tag
Enclosure Type: Desktop

Processor a
3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-2600
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
8192 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total)
Hyper-threaded (8 total)

Main Circuit Board b
Board: SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO.,LTD Samsung DeskTop System CAAAAAAA
Serial Number: 115736980001687
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
UEFI: SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO.,LTD 09JS 02/16/2012

Drives
499.58 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
84.01 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-216BB [Optical drive]

ST500DM002-1BD142 [Hard drive] (500.11 GB) -- drive 0, s/n W3TQA6NJ, rev KC48, SMART Status: Healthy

Memory Modules c,d
16366 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Slot 'A1_DIMM0' has 8192 MB (serial number 95342D94)
Slot 'A1_DIMM1' has 8192 MB (serial number 175A951F)

Local Drive Volumes
c: (NTFS on drive 0)   499.58 GB   84.01 GB free

Controllers
Standard SATA AHCI Controller

Display
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 [Display adapter]
XXX AAA [Monitor] (February 2012)

Multimedia
NVIDIA High Definition Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
Realtek High Definition Audio

Bus Adapters
Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller
Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1C26
Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1C2D

Anything that can be done to help fix this annoyance would be awesome. Thanks again anyone who is able to help.

EDIT 1: I think I may have narrowed something down......Seems when I have my PC laying on its side (Motherboard and everything facing up), no problem. Once I stand it up normally, display goes out and crashes again. Maybe a loose connection somewhere, but I have no idea where, considering I checked all the connections and made sure they were secure, but I could be mistaken.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 04:21:52 AM by NewF »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: Having some PC problems...Any help would be great.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 10:32:31 AM »
When the system refuses to boot or goes to a black screen, do the fans spin up to full speed?
"This is a machine for making cows."

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 11:22:58 AM »
Yes, all the fans spin up no problem, including the fans on my GFX card. Literally everything works.
I even see the loading light flicker properly as it the computer seems to boot up normally...Just don't hear the startup beep and the monitor stays blank.
Now that I have it laying down on its side, there hasn't been a problem...Only when it stands up. I'm thinking its a loose connection with something, but I have no idea what.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 01:55:24 AM »
Just thought of something weird. Does anything odd happen if you wiggle the video cable (the one leading to your monitor)?
"This is a machine for making cows."

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 10:00:22 AM »
Nothing at all. Doesn't change a thing.