Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 35725 times)

vladgd

• View Profile
World of Warcraft
« on: July 24, 2017, 04:04:10 PM »

umm yeah, it's been 3 years, and I don't think I'm getting legion right yet. Just had the urge to grind a few alts I guess? Except I don't know whom. Probly juggle between this and Tekken until starcraft remaster is out.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 12:29:14 AM »
Hey, I raided that city a few times. ;)

Didn't really post this, but I managed to (finally) get Shadowmorne on my DK a couple weeks ago. Wheeeeeeee!

Oh, speaking of which, if you have even a sliver of an obsessive personality, have fun with the new raid appearance tracker. Blizzard made keeping track of raid transmogs muuuuch easier. Currently (slowly) working on getting the AQ set for my shammy.

And...speaking of that, transmogging got better in the recent patches. It's like Diablo 3 transmogging now, where you don't have to keep the gear in order to transmog to it--you just unlock the apearance and that's it. As you can imagine, void storage is basically useless now, and I was happy to finally be able to dump all of the gear that I'd been hoarding across multiple expansions.

Finally, Warlords got a ton of (well deserved) shit when it was the current expansion, but I found that the questing experience itself was extremely well done. Legion follows suit, though its endgame is significantly better (as in, it actually fucking exists).

So...yeah! Have fun! Hope you like the new(-ish) content! ;D
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 12:56:11 PM »
My first main was a troll shaman, resto in vanilla, ele in tbc before I shelved him.

Really...not...liking ele AT ALL. It feels like a totally different class like going from warlock to rogue different. So I went enhance to check that out (didnt like it in vanilla/tbc) and ended up enjoying it enough to prefer it to elemental, feels less squishy than I remember. So now im sitting at 78, not even sure if I want to continue. I might get er up to 80 so I'm at least up to cata content, but, not too hot on what they transformed shaman into.

So I'm hearing they made 1-60 super easy now? So I kinda want to try that out, but not sure on what class. Of the classes I don't have to post 60, I got...

Monk, not interested in the class at all
Druid, historically never liked having a cool looking player character transform into a lame looking npc bear or cat or tree or catbearbird thing. Might save the class for when I can con my gf into playing the game (which may never happen, she seems to be resisting my nagging)
Death Knight, hero class starts off at high level anyway. And I think I'll delete the gnome for a draenei whenever I decide to work on one.

So this leaves hunter or rogue. Both I'm interested in, might need to coin flip for it. People are saying 1-60 is like 6-8 hours, and I am curious if they're full of shit or not. Do I need full heirlooms for that stuff?

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 07:41:00 PM »
This is the first expansion that I've largely switched away from my DK. I don't like the changes that they made to blood, and I've put too much time into building a tank to really want to swap to frost or unholy. Blood pretty much went from being a timing-based self-heal class (Cata/Mists, and Warlords to a much lesser extent) that had a strong focus on managing debuffs on enemies, to forcing you to heavily micromanage runic power and a stacking bone shield buff, and...well, still trying to focus on heavy self-heals. Except now you can't do them nearly as often.

To give you a general overview of how DKs's resource management works, you have a rune -> runic power (RP) -> rune cycle. You spend runes, to get runic power, which you spend while your runes recharge. That's how it's always been, that's how it very likely will always be. In Wrath, the rune/RP cycle was very strict, at least as unholy--fuck up once, your cycle is b0rked and your DPS suffers until the next cycle. Cata through Warlords improved that drastically, shuffling around abilities so that you have a bit of wiggle room if you need to do an emergency heal or break off and kill an add, or something like that.

What blood has now is very much like what Wrath had. RP is much harder to get, and bone shields--which used to be a minor defensive buff for unholy players--went from being simply provided to blood to being the primary rotational focus for blood players. This is made tricky by the fact that 1) bone shields are taken away with every melee swing counted against a tank, which is a lot, obviously, and 2) even if the tank doesn't hold threat, the bone shield expires automatically after a while--you have no choice but to maintain it. Since bone shield is responsible for a 16% damage reduction and a 10% haste buff, you really, really need it up at all times.

Another thing that compounds this issue is that RP is now much harder to get. Before, RP generation felt more reliable. There seemed to be more ways that you can get it, including using anti-magic shell (AMS) and soaking magic damage. Now, even AMS barely gets you any RP back, to the point that it may as well not even do it at all. The only way to reliably get RP is to complete a full rune cycle.

That, in turn, significantly hurts our ability to strategically self-heal. Before, death strike--our main self-heal and self-shield ability--was powered by runes. Now, it's powered by RP. Before, we had a ton of ways to get runes back, so if we needed to do a clutch heal, we could pop a cooldown and do it. Now, if need a clutch heal, we need to nuke our rune/RP cycle and there aren't any CDs we can use to enable us to get a quick heal off. Since our healing is timing-based (a base amount, plus 5% of the damage taken in the last 5 seconds) we need to do the nearly-impossible task of lining up our resource generation cycles to damage spikes.

The situation actually feels worse than Wrath did, as we used to have the empower rune weapon available. That was a lovely CD that would give us some RP (20, I think) and reset all of our runes. That would allow us to do what we had to do and then effectively wipe the slate clean and start over. Nowadays, only frost gets that ability.

I raided with my DK when Legion dropped, and things were slightly worse then--we had strong magic mitigation but very little physical mitigation. We got back icebound fortitude (which everyone agrees should have never been removed) back in 7.1. However, the other problems with the class have had a drastic effect. One of the main reasons I didn't pursue raiding after my guild fell apart is simple--nobody in their right mind would want a DK tank. We were being actively rejected from raids because most people simply weren't good enough to get around those issues (even in Mists, where blood tanking was arguably at its peak, people still managed to fuck it up), and because we required a tank healer that could properly read us and know when we're resource starved. Yeah...not a great situation.

I do think that I'm a pretty damn good DK player. I've played them consistently since Wrath and have routinely managed to pull above-average stats, even on weaker specs (in Cata, when frost did noticeably higher DPS than unholy, I had one of the best frost DKs on my realm wonder how in the hell I managed to pull the numbers that I did as unholy), but this is a bit too much. Blood just isn't fun for me to play. Hopefully things turn around in the next expansion. If not, I'll probably go back to DPS.

</rant>

Maybe the reason you're not gelling with shaman is because shaman were a lot different when you played them. I'm familiar with how they were before (managing totems placement, etc) but I never played a pre-Mists shaman beyond level 25 or so. Personally, I had a ton of fun on my shaman in recent years (resto/enh in Mists, enh/ele now).

Be careful with DPS classes. When questing they feel pretty tanky in the new 1-60 content, as well as Cata. BC can still truck you if you're not careful, Wrath a bit less so. In Mists, however, enemies would absolutely wreck you if you pulled more than one or two of them at once (might have changed, but I remember the Mists question experience being pretty terrible as DPS when it was current). Warlords and Legion aren't nearly as unforgiving, but you still have to be mindful of what's going on around you, as it should be.

I imagine 6-8 hours for 1-60 would be with full heirlooms, but it's hard to say. Dungeons in particular seem to give quite a bit of experience at those levels, so maybe they're just chaining LFD or something. I haven't done the early game grind in quite a while. You can also upgrade your heirlooms to work through 1-90 or even 1-100 now. It's quite a gold sink, though. I rerolled my pally recently (was going to play with someone, but they abruptly decided that they wanted to play with their new friends instead--sigh), so I might just load up on plate heirlooms and try it for myself.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 11:31:08 PM »
Got the shaman to 80 thanks to how much nicer dungeon find queue works. Enhance is a lot nicer, but it ain't the class I grew up playing. Probably going to be swapping on alts until I can settle on leveling one to 100.

Rolled a draenei death knight to 58, plan on playing frost spec since I get the plate sword and board from the warrior, the plate 2h fucker from the ret paladin, dual wield sounds interesting so hopefully frost isn't a garbo leveling spec.

And then theres the "kinda wanted a hunter for the past 8 or so years but never got around to it, undead are finally able to be hunters which is what I wanted as far back as tbc....could do it" Something about the fantasy of undead hunter that sounds unique to me, same with monk...

Would help if I had a goal or people to play with, but I don't, so it's more with what sounds fun to solo with. Or what catches my eye this day. Because in theory, I would eventually like all classes to be max level.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 01:35:24 AM »
Yeah, nothing is the way it was. I don't think that move sets will ever be that intricate again.

That being said, I do like some of the new additions. The talent trees of old provided little more than an illusion of choice and typically only contained one or two viable paths. Downranking spells as a healer was a pain in the ass. Hunters using mana was always stupid (I even felt that way when I was playing BC). I like how the fights themselves tend to be far more active and intricate.

That being said, they stepped way too far from the roleplaying aspect. They did bring some of that back in Legion with the class halls (spoiler alert) but vanilla made you feel like you were a young pup finding their way in the world. I honestly regret not spending more time on my shaman, as the idea of going on trials to earn your totems was awesome. I guarantee that you'd be far more disappointed if you rolled a new shaman. There's just no depth there anymore--everyone goes on the same quests. Each zone takes you from point A to point B, then shuffles you off to the next area. Small voice acted bits and cutscenes replace the stories and lore items of old. In some cases it works, but the world feels less rich as a result of it.

And don't even get me started on some of the little cutscenes in the Cata content. Most of them are awful. At least Blizzard improved their visual and aural story dramatically in Warlords and Legion. The tropes that do remain are pretty awful, though (like the famous thing where the Big Bad of a particular arc stops taking damage at 1 HP, then yells, "YOU HAVEN'T BEATEN ME YET," before escaping in an illogical manner while your character sits there staring at them).

The DK specs are all pretty viable for leveling. Assuming nothing has changed, I'd probably swap to blood for the Mists content (despite my gripes above, it still offers insane survivability for solo content), but the stat revamps in Warlords might have made that a non-issue.

My first character was a hunter, and I've had a pretty good time with them. If you want to go really wild, melee hunters (survival spec) are a thing now.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 11:24:00 PM »
http://i.imgur.com/tWL3KLS.jpg

That's what I decided on as of current. I'll do the hunter after I get a few more heirlooms. Might level the paladin and mage side by side, using up rest exp on one before going to the other.

Yeah, nothing is the way it was. I don't think that move sets will ever be that intricate again.

That being said, I do like some of the new additions. The talent trees of old provided little more than an illusion of choice and typically only contained one or two viable paths. Downranking spells as a healer was a pain in the ass. Hunters using mana was always stupid (I even felt that way when I was playing BC). I like how the fights themselves tend to be far more active and intricate.

From what it looks to me as a person who jumps in every odd expansion, they gutted each class to make each spec feel more unique. On one hand, I can see it as a good thing, but on another (as someone who played the game weeks after launch) I really don't like abilities being removed. I loved shaman back in the day, and I don't think I want to play anymore now. Never was big into enhancement after vanilla (which was only for windfury lets face it), elemental feels...bad, and I heard earth shield was removed from resto and put into some "heroic tallents" bullshit? I guess I'm happy I moved from shaman to warrior, because I don't like the state of that class.

Also the hunter mana thing, I was saying hunters should have focus like their pets back in vanilla. Just like how mana doesn't fit a warrior or a rogue, it certainly doesn't fit hunter.

(like the famous thing where the Big Bad of a particular arc stops taking damage at 1 HP, then yells, "YOU HAVEN'T BEATEN ME YET," before escaping in an illogical manner while your character sits there staring at them).

That sucks, but it's also in a lot of other games, which, still sucks, I don't know why people do it. Last one I can think of is really recent, Tekken 7 story mode does that shit a few times. You do a fight, if you lose, you lose and have to redo it, but if you win...you lose in the cutscene...wut?

The DK specs are all pretty viable for leveling. Assuming nothing has changed, I'd probably swap to blood for the Mists content (despite my gripes above, it still offers insane survivability for solo content), but the stat revamps in Warlords might have made that a non-issue.

My first character was a hunter, and I've had a pretty good time with them. If you want to go really wild, melee hunters (survival spec) are a thing now.

I just hope frost isn't garbage for leveling, because aesthetically, I like it over the other two. And when I level my hunter, It's beastmaster. From what I seen beastmaster is traditional hunter, marks is ranged only NO PET (boooo), and survival is melee with pet. I'm cool with survival, but, I play enough melee classes as is.

However for the time being, I think I want to attempt to get one or two classes up to 100 before I think about getting legion. Hearing good things about mages, and I've been using it to farm old content for $$$, so I may as well keep at her. I remember loving ret soloing with the paladin, which isnt too far behind the mage, so that'll be the off character, I hope they didn't screw up paladins as well.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2017, 01:01:25 AM »
From what it looks to me as a person who jumps in every odd expansion, they gutted each class to make each spec feel more unique. On one hand, I can see it as a good thing, but on another (as someone who played the game weeks after launch) I really don't like abilities being removed. I loved shaman back in the day, and I don't think I want to play anymore now. Never was big into enhancement after vanilla (which was only for windfury lets face it), elemental feels...bad, and I heard earth shield was removed from resto and put into some "heroic tallents" bullshit? I guess I'm happy I moved from shaman to warrior, because I don't like the state of that class.

That's a good point, and given several of the other changes (like how discipline priests play now, survival hunters becoming melee, etc) it does make a ton of sense. Now that you mention it, around the time of Cata/Mists, the class changes did make a lot of them play the same. The difference between a holy priest and a non-atonement disc priest was very subtle, as I remember.

The honor talent points thing is some PvP-only stuff. You unlock them by murdering people and you can only use them in bgs and arena. I'm not too crazy about that concept--to me, all it's doing is giving an advantage to people who have been playing longer. If they reset it per season, that would probably be okay. I don't really have any interest in PvP, though, so I dunno.

Also the hunter mana thing, I was saying hunters should have focus like their pets back in vanilla. Just like how mana doesn't fit a warrior or a rogue, it certainly doesn't fit hunter.

Same! In my experience, all it did was confuse primary stat priorities. I mean, if you see a mana bar in a game that actually does implement other stat bars (I was well aware that there were rage and focus bars), and the abilities have elemental properties--even if the class doesn't seem like it should use mana--how can you just intuitively know that you're supposed to only stat agility?

Sure, it became a bit more clear when you got aspect of the viper, but still.

That sucks, but it's also in a lot of other games, which, still sucks, I don't know why people do it. Last one I can think of is really recent, Tekken 7 story mode does that shit a few times. You do a fight, if you lose, you lose and have to redo it, but if you win...you lose in the cutscene...wut?

It's just laziness. There's plenty of other ways to script something like that. Blizzard seems to do it one of two ways: 1) make the boss invincible or 2) spontaneously immobilize the player. Both methods are used. It's still better than some of the shit they pulled in Cataclysm's cutscenes, but I'm definitely not a fan.

Hell, I'd be fine if they had the target run away at 50% health when they realized they were getting stomped. That would make a hell of a lot more sense than forcing them down to 1HP. Or, possibly, having them cast a last ditch spell to prevent the player from attacking them in some way while they escape. And, of course, not doing it multiple times in each zone would help a lot.

I just hope frost isn't garbage for leveling, because aesthetically, I like it over the other two. And when I level my hunter, It's beastmaster. From what I seen beastmaster is traditional hunter, marks is ranged only NO PET (boooo), and survival is melee with pet. I'm cool with survival, but, I play enough melee classes as is.

I think you'll be fine. You might have to take a rest every few pulls, but it should be doable without too much trouble. I haven't leveled anything through pre-Warlords content since the Legion patch dropped, though, so take that with a grain of salt. As far as I'm aware, though, none of the expansions are in a broken state at the moment.

And yeah, I'd love to try leveling my hunter as survival, but I also have a ton of melee classes. I dunno...we'll see.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2017, 11:51:28 PM »

0 heirlooms, 91-100 didn't take all that long on the mage. Only problem is while leveling the mage I was contemplating the "free" 100 i'll get from legion collectors, and...really don't like how squishy mage is, and fuck cloth, but priest doe...

List in order. Priest > rogue = monk

With prot warrior, if I randomly aggroed everything, I'd simply kill it all. With ret? SAME THING, less tanky but heals to make up for it. Mage? just lie down and die, most likley wont escape even with frost nova blink and invis and shield, and die anyway. Fun in instances though, but soloing, bleh, don't like mage.

Sure priest is probably different, but...making me look more at monk now.

Anyway, paladin is next! Leveling is a bit more fast paced and fun, and the mage didn't even have heirlooms, so Id guess its only faster with them.

*edit*

Brainstorming alt race choices need to jot down before I forget.

Demon Hunter- Nightelf
Monk- Orc
Priest- Undecided, but I may keep the goblin I have, Dwarf is tempting me though, the old runepriest days of warhammer online bring fond memories
Rogue- ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? (ethereal, blizzard please make them playable)
Druid- I will roll a druid only when I have all other classes at the level cap. IE, never...probably?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 02:54:58 AM by vladgd »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2017, 09:01:10 AM »
0 heirlooms, 91-100 didn't take all that long on the mage. Only problem is while leveling the mage I was contemplating the "free" 100 i'll get from legion collectors, and...really don't like how squishy mage is, and fuck cloth, but priest doe...

The only cloth class I leveled was my priest. I can't really say much for the lower-level priest leveling experience now (my priest is one of my primary alts, and I initially leveled him in Wrath), but I can say that shadow is pretty enjoyable in Legion. Haven't tried healing with him yet.

List in order. Priest > rogue = monk

Monk healing is wonky as hell, so not sure if I'd recommend trying that unless you're in the mood for something really different. I still have yet to try monk DPS/tank.

With prot warrior, if I randomly aggroed everything, I'd simply kill it all. With ret? SAME THING, less tanky but heals to make up for it. Mage? just lie down and die, most likley wont escape even with frost nova blink and invis and shield, and die anyway. Fun in instances though, but soloing, bleh, don't like mage.

Sure priest is probably different, but...making me look more at monk now.

In my experience, priests have more "oh shi~" buttons than to mages. Mages seem to fit very cleanly into the holy MMO trinity while priests tend to have a more diverse toolset.

Monk- Orc

I dunno, the roll animation for tauren monks is pretty hilarious. :P

Rogue- ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? (ethereal, blizzard please make them playable)

I know someone who would do very lewd things to see ethereals become playable. If that ever happens, I'm race changing my rogue immediately.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2017, 09:42:52 PM »
Not sure if it's new, or I read the store wrong, but I just seen that I didn't need collectors edition for my level 100 boost...so instead of leveling this paladin to 100 then buying legion, then using my boost on a fresh character...

Y'know...

I'll level the paladin after my prot warrior is 110, and I'll level the prot warrior in legion content after I check out this shiny new priest. Male?! Dwarf?! Not another draenei for my space goat fetish?!

ASTOUNDING!

I'll probably be posting more on this game for a little while.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2017, 10:12:11 AM »
Wait, the cap is 110 now?
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2017, 10:15:58 AM »
Yep. Cata and Mists incremented the cap by 5, Warlords and Legion both incremented it by the traditional 10.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2017, 06:34:59 PM »
Not a bad idea to split up topics. Pretty small forum as is, so hopefully it promotes more conversation.

Got my warrior to 110...

Wait that's a mage?

My mentality initially was, leveling as a mage from 90-100 was a pain, I was dying and they made that shit easy and I'm still dying. Let's get that character done first so I won't have it on my mind, fuck mage soloing.

100-102 I started off with fire, the spec I wanted to play...and aesthetically I prefer fire over all 3, but gameplay, I HATE IT. Bought some green weapon to hold me over as FROST until I got the frost artifact. After around 102, gear flowed in, I got used to the playstyle, and I really damn enjoyed the leveling experience for mage in legion. I don't really raid or do endgame shit, mainly professions and some other random stuff, so doing a new character for an expansion was a good idea. I may do a different class in the next expansion even to mix it up? maybe? Iunno.

But the zones "feel" smaller and more compact, not sure if they actually are, or if they are just designed better. The story for each zone feels a lot more polished ending with an instance run into the meta thing to get artifacts. The "single player" aspect of going around and completing a zone like a level in a videogame is just getting better and better. Aesthetically I wasn't a big fan of the legion zones, but in terms of what they did with them, it's a thumbs up from me. I prefer the desolate harsh looking zones like blades edge, netherstorm, hellfire peninsula (i am the one guy who likes the way that zone looks), vanilla desolace, silithus, or even green lush zones that are just hard like vanilla un goro crater with no roads and enemies everywhere. But that's just a nitpick, it's an island region, can't expect vast deserts of wasteland. Also noting that there's a ton of rare mobs and tresure chests around the game, it feels like they basically did the same as draenor on paper, but in practice the execution was a lot better. I stopped caring about rares after shadowmoon in draenor, but I frequently went out of my way to hunt those stars and chests down in legion.

The legion specific stuff like having a weapon with a skill tree is great. The order halls for each class with its own story and base and whatnot is also fun, though I suppose it depends on class. I hear the hunter order hall was lame, and priests are basically cucks to the superior paladins, from what I read. Mages is pretty cool though, and class appropriate. The followers going on missions thing was toned down from draenor it looks like, but for the better, and just feels more polished.

So now I guess I need to get my shit in order to unlock world quests, after that...I may head back to the warrior to see how much of a pain in the ass unlocking draenor flying is, before going back to the mage to unlock legion flying, unless I get sidetracked leveling other characters, or stop playing, I kinda hit my main goal at this point.

So yeah, enjoying mage quite a lot in this expansion.

AND BEFORE I LEAVE THAT THING YOU SAID ABOUT FIGHTING A GUY AND THEN YOU BEAT HIM BUT LOSE ANYWAY

IT HAPPENS EVERY SINGLE TIME

I thought you meant it happens like a few times, which isnt a huge deal, but EVERY GODDAMN TIME THEY GET THE BEST OF YOU EVEN AFTER YOU KICK THEIR ASS, they gotta fix that shit for the next one because after the 5th time, I just gave up.

*edit*

Hitting 110, I realized how overwhelming everything is. I want to open world quests, but that's like the start of a long chain of stuff, idk where to start.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 08:40:19 PM by vladgd »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2017, 09:58:34 AM »
Is fire still somewhat luck-based? Before pretty much all of the major abilities proc'd off of crit chance, so if you didn't have high amounts of crit and a ton of luck you couldn't effectively play that spec.

The zones might be a bit smaller than the ones in previous expansions, but they definitely feel a lot denser. It feels like they experimented with that in some parts of Warlords (the Spires of Arak feel very dense to me) but they went full hog with it in Legion. The flight master whistle also helps significantly by making sure that you don't have to walk through huge stretches of nothing just to get to the next area. That was particularly useful in Highmountain, in my experience.

As far as zone aesthetic goes, I think Warlords is probably my overall favorite. Not only was there a ton of variety, but I think it has the most "desolate but beautiful" zone in the entire game. You probably didn't see it if you only played Alliance and didn't go for the exploration achievements. When you have a chance, swing by Frostfire Ridge (it's the first Horde questing area, but you can walk through there safely if you're on a PvE realm). I don't think I can adequately describe how much I enjoyed the look of that area.

The weapon skill tree was a really nice feature. It reminds me of the Cataclysm talent trees in a way--they're subtle enough where a single point isn't game breaking, but they're strong enough that you can feel yourself steadily growing more powerful. A lot of people complain that Blizzard made it impossible to level alts and alt specs, but I find that getting the weapons to 13 (a pretty good sweet spot--it allows you to reliably get at least one gold talent) is a pretty quick endeavor, even when the expansion first dropped. Then again, I think a lot of the reason that people are bitching is because they can't get an array of BiS gear on all of their toons within a week or two anymore.

World quests are pretty much a cross of Diablo 3 bounties and Guild Wars 2 world quests. They're a pretty good way to kill some time, they aren't as tedious as older dailies (Mists' dailies sucked), and they aren't as mobile gamey as Warlord's "endgame." Still definitely a grind, but they're not bad.

I know you aren't crazy about your shaman, but I'd highly recommend using them to get Draenor flying. Unlike Legion, the treasures in Warlords are a pain in the ass to get to, and collecting them will dismount you. I have about half of the flight requirements done on my DK, but I'm strongly considering redoing some of that work on my shaman simply because ghost wolf would make some of that stuff more convenient.

Also, because some of the treasures are annoyingly hidden, here's two addons that should help out a bunch:

HandyNotes: https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/handynotes
HandyNotes_DraenorTreasures: https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/handynotes_draenortreasures

Also, if you want a HandyNotes addon for Legion, LegionRares&Treasures is nice: https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/handynotes_legionrarestreasures

AND BEFORE I LEAVE THAT THING YOU SAID ABOUT FIGHTING A GUY AND THEN YOU BEAT HIM BUT LOSE ANYWAY

IT HAPPENS EVERY SINGLE TIME

Right?? Holy shit, that got obnoxious.

I honestly wouldn't be as annoyed with it if it happened, like, once, but it happens at least once per zone.