Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 440 times)

vladgd

• View Profile
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2017, 12:51:09 AM »
flying + heirlooms + legion assaults =

I expect to make more posts on more 110's because I'm MAD!

Spectere

• Resident OS Nerd
  • Administrator
  • tl;dr
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2017, 09:27:29 AM »
Illy knows what's up.
I play IIDX sometimes a lot.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2017, 02:42:28 PM »

Paladin anyone?

I do think my cutoff point will be 8 max level characters, I believe I can keep it sane long enough to get the remaining 4 up there. The hordies are almost out of pandaria hell, and draenor is a breeze to level through now a days, after that it's just checking this website to see when the next legion invasion is up to get those characters in legion free levels.

Then I'll have rogue monk druid hunter for future expansions to level up on, minus one with the free max level character with next expansion.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2017, 02:07:30 PM »

the sheer speed at which one can level is addicting, I can't stop

Spectere

• Resident OS Nerd
  • Administrator
  • tl;dr
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2017, 03:54:39 PM »
Shit, man.

See, I don't know which method I actually prefer. On one hand, I really enjoyed the journey that I went through on my hunter, DK, and priest. When I played through my first toon in BC it almost felt magical--overwhelming at points, but that made the experience that much more enjoyable for me. It probably helped that I was in the midst of a huge slump IRL when I first started playing (and a lesser, but still significant, slump when I was pushing through Wrath), so having a sort of deep escapism was a good thing for me.

Of course, now that I'm a bit of a WoW vet the fast leveling is a blessing. I dunno. I guess I'm just wondering if I would have even stayed interested in the game long enough to get into raiding if I first started in the post-Cata era. The current game is still compelling, albeit for radically different reasons, so it's hard to say.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2017, 01:18:27 AM »
I will say as someone who's best times with the game were in vanilla, the new leveling is 1000% better. ANY class you fancy can be had in a few weeks of casual play, or one or two marathon game sessions, with pre requisites. IE heirlooms, alts with money, pathfinder unlocked, legion assaults unlocked, a proper gameplan on how to efficiently get through the content and all that jazz. I see no drawbacks to it mainly for one reason I overheard on a youtube video. Lore Alt. If you want to go through the leveling process 1-110 and experience the zones, you can, don't use heirlooms, stay in each zone long enough to get what you want out of them and whatnot(which you'll have to because even without heirlooms you'll most likely overlevel them before you're done, I know this is a fact in outland where you can EASILY finish before even blades edge mountains, let alone netherstorm or shadowmoon). They balance the leveling curve for the current expansion now a days, and past expansions are like hyperspeed.

So damn near my entire current wow experience has been in this thread for the most part, and draenor went fast, and while legion went by fast too...I still went through most of the zones/quests. With my mage, I wasn't using heirlooms at all, and I got through most of 3 zones, and ~half way through the last leveling zone before I dinged 110. It did feel like a balanced well paced and most importantly to me, fair, leveling experience. Because as much as I'll suck vanillas dick all day, the leveling was pretty brutal (not at all compared to the mmos of the day because even hard wow was casual as fuck compared to everquest or something, but comparing it to what the game has become) and there was rarely enough quests in a zone or even series of zones for your level range, to get to the next zone, so you'd have to grind.

I had two 60's in vanilla for the ~90-100 days I had played it, game made you commit to a character. But on both of said characters, I specifically recall dinging them 60 the same way, last 2-3 levels ghosts in the frozen pond in winterspring, and I know I'm not alone in that. There was simply not enough content made to finish the leveling process by questing, which they went above and beyond in TBC. My memories of TBC leveling may be my most fond now that I think of it. It was like a midpoint between vanilla and now, it took a lot of effort to gain a level, but there was more than enough quests to get you there. I remember draining the quest's out of damn near every zone with only the latter part of shadowmoon not being required, and it was nice to see all of the content.

But I think I'm rambling now so this is a snapshot of my current status level wise. Everybody is in legion assault mode, and depending on interest I may just shelve the hunter until the next expansion. If I finish with 8 max level characters, not going to be disappointed. I honestly don't even care at all about monk/druid so I may just never bother playing either of them. Hunter seems like a fun easy class to just brute force to 110 casually, so I may use my next max level boost (from the next expansion) on a rogue...or if I'm crazy, a horde warrior so I can have my favorite class on the better faction(minus the bloodelves, if you want alliance then play goddamn alliance).

Spectere

• Resident OS Nerd
  • Administrator
  • tl;dr
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2017, 10:57:39 AM »
I think that might be why my perceptions with regards to leveling are colored a bit differently--I started in TBC soon after the Black Temple raid was released, so the vanilla content set was complete. Plus, I had the option of packing up and leaving at level 58, which made the final push to 60 absurdly easy, given the exp curve in TBC compared to vanilla. I've done a bit of reading and from what I understand some zones (like Silithus) had almost zero content, even general questing, for quite a while. I really think that if I started WoW during early to mid-vanilla (and I almost did!) I would have probably gotten disgusted around the mid-50s and quit.

And yeah, heirlooms became such a ho-hum thing that I completely forgot to factor those in. You would definitely see quite a lot more of the world without having those equipped.

a horde warrior so I can have my favorite class on the better faction

\m/

(minus the bloodelves, if you want alliance then play goddamn alliance).

Shit man, even the Alliance didn't want them.