Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 35708 times)

vladgd

• View Profile
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2019, 07:40:55 PM »

No life high school me took from December 2004-April 2005 to ding 60.

No life 50 hour work week me took about 5-6 weeks.

Had to ding in the winterspring lake as is tradition, all my 60's end here.

Now to wait for the rest of the guild to hit 60, since im only the 4th...

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2019, 10:14:57 AM »
Congrats, mon!

It's kind of amazing how much more efficient you can be when you sort of know what's going on. It felt like it took forever for me to hit 80 my first time (never hit the cap until Wrath, obviously) but subsequent caps happened much, much faster.

Kind of a shame the game loses a bunch of its magic and wonderment when you know what you're doing, but I guess that's to be expected.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2019, 01:30:07 PM »
Blizzard committed a well-publicized, catastrophically huge oof recently, so I cancelled my subscription in protest.

I love this game, but freedom is far more important than my feelings.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2019, 06:09:13 PM »
I have nothing to cancel, but I would have done the same. Blizzard really fucked this one up.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2020, 10:22:18 PM »
ehh, well I decided to resub to check out raiding.

Sub 2 hours, not the fastest people do it, but smooth, no wipes, I didn't die once all raid. No gear (all hunter/shaman loot) but a good time. Will do again.

I remember this being hard as all fuck taking 6 hours and still wiping to rag, not just mollywhopping the whole thing with almost no effort. Insane what...14 years can do to people just not sucking. Kinda awesome 1-2/3 of the group is my original peeps from raiding in high school. Not the most mechanically interesting gameplay, but crack open a few beers, enjoy the discord chat, and hope for a few epix.

*edit*

right before bed, managed to scrounge up 900g

« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 12:14:36 AM by vladgd »

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2020, 03:05:17 PM »
Still buggering around with the game, but lost a lot of time playing "cough" things I can complete "cough" so I'm basically raid logging now. I would like to see the end of blackwing lair and I might bop off not too long after that. Farthest I made it in vanilla vanilla was defeating chromaggus, so once I see Nefarian die, I beat classic. Personally have no interest in the 90 hour long aq40, or "spend 300+g on consumables per week" Taxxramas. So finishing bwl will suffice.

Currently stuck on broodlord, but making weekly progress. Novelty of seeing 40 people still hasn't got old yet, and raiding can be a good time, albeit with what limited time I have, something I do want to stop in the next month or so to keep on doing other things. Especially as I am juggling another game to add to my list in the other thread, but I SHALL NOT POST TILL THE DEED IS DONE. spoilers it's an smt game, but which one? NOBODY KNOWSssssss

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2020, 10:41:31 PM »

iunnothefuckimdoing

BUT WITH CYBERDELAYED 2021, why not. WW axe get, thanks guild.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2020, 11:44:45 AM »

I've been playing a little more than expected. I'm actually paying for a zygor subscription...like literally...

I kinda like it, I have 3 total 60's on classic, 2 in vanilla classic, one on this current version, and the place I took this screenshot I never knew exited. It's really cool to just not need to worry about what quests to do when and where (in classic it's like spaghetti, do quests in like 9 different zones for a span of 2 levels, only to backtrack to zones multiple times at different levels), since it has you going in an efficient path. Like for instance, I am on my way to badlands, i have quests to turn in there, it has me going on this pitstop mini quest hub area ON THE WAY, so im not wasting time.

Using it for like 11 levels now, it's good. Nice way to turn my brain off after work and get some exp in without needing to think much.