Author Topic: Beat Beat Revolution- IIDX flash game  (Read 9526 times)

Milk Chan

• View Profile
Beat Beat Revolution- IIDX flash game
« on: October 28, 2007, 11:49:17 PM »
Possibly the most amazing flash music game i've ever seen. Play it. NOW.

http://bbr.eucaly.net/bbr2nd/

Explanation:

-Default key setup is left shift zsxdcfv but can be changed in options.
-When you first start the game, it will ask you to make a DJ name (my personal DJ name is LAB!). This will save your scores and data for gallery unlocks and other stuff.
-To select a song hit enter, to go to options hit tab (same to exit), to go back hit delete.

Have fun!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 12:40:20 AM by Milk Chan »

vladgd

Re: Beat Beat Revolution- IIDX flash game
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 12:07:57 AM »
it tells me to hit the enter key, yet it does nothing

*edit* ok i found a differant link, it seems to work, will edit more when i play

*edit* ok, it works, but man, im not going to try and get used to awkward key setups for a flash game. 

*edit again* zxdcfvgb may get the job done, i may get a little fun out of this flash thing afterall

*editsssss*  okok, i can pass 7's, but i may do better if i had a setup that all keys could be pressed at the same time, yet had the same pattern of keys like zxdcfvgb  because i can't hit certain patterns at the same time and have em register, like zxc at the same time doesn't work.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 12:34:08 AM by vladgd »

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 12:37:51 AM »
Sorry I forgot the direct link, edited into first post.

Also my limit is 8s. I haven't tried a 9 or flashing 10 yet, but I have tried two 10s (Setsugekka remix...the one that says Ryu remixed by EBB, and W/inter, both of which I failed miserably)

This game is fun though.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 12:41:45 AM by Milk Chan »

vladgd

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 12:53:42 AM »
yea, i seem to be on 8's also, and i may be a little better if i could figure out a key setup that would work.  but nice find, rare to find a flash game that i would want to bookmark the link to.

*edit*  oshi, i passed a 9

and i can pass a good few 9's

but sky high [a] fails me due to me not able to hit gb at the same time for some reason, failed with an A though
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 01:07:48 AM by vladgd »

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 01:11:56 AM »
Tried Setsugekka remix [h] and failed with B.

God the ending is like a crazier 5.1.1 [a].

EDIT: Here's a Password to enter into the password menu. This will unlock the EXTREME song folder, which consists of the extra stage songs of the game (5 songs total). I'm giving this because it's a pain to get the extra stage in standard mode (cant just fulfill the ES requirements to play the songs, contains something else that I can't figure out) anyways here:

ET9V6DUV

The password is permanent and will allow you to play all the extreme songs in free mode.

I'm not giving the other passwords because those are just unlocked by playing songs and getting DJ Points...easy enough. If you want them that badly you can go to the site and click password, and it gives a list of passwords to unlock everything in the game. That includes skins, BGMs, backgrounds, and hidden songs (3 total, they appear in the BBR 2nd folder).

This is just like a home version of IIDX. It's amazing how much effort they put into making this accurate.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 01:26:04 AM by Milk Chan »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 01:34:07 AM »
I'm not even sure I want to try this since I blow at using the zx etc. key config, and IIDX on a keyboard with any key setup... All the mmore reason to wait till I get a job to get something to hook my IIDX controller into the computer, lol.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 01:36:50 AM »
I'm not even sure I want to try this since I blow at using the zx etc. key config, and IIDX on a keyboard with any key setup... All the mmore reason to wait till I get a job to get something to hook my IIDX controller into the computer, lol.

You can't use a controller on this, so everyone is in the same position as you.

You might as well give it a shot. It's gonna be a fun little game to play for me until I get distorted.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 01:41:58 AM »
I thought there were utilities that take the controller's signal and can assign them to trigger specific keyboard key input instead of the controller's keys (allowing you to play other games that don't normally accept controller input).

I'm about 95% sure I've seen that sort of thing before.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 01:44:33 AM »
I thought there were utilities that take the controller's signal and can assign them to trigger specific keyboard key input instead of the controller's keys (allowing you to play other games that don't normally accept controller input).

I'm about 95% sure I've seen that sort of thing before.

But this is a flash game and it doesn't allow that.

Same as how FFR doesn't allow DDR pads.

On another note passed two of the easier 9s which were some Japanese song (artist Gula) on [a] and X2 [a].

And Tokyo Nights [a] is fun.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 01:46:29 AM »
Then I might as well not bother, since I can't even pass like, a 2 on the keyboard alone. You know how long it took me top play pad style 10's on the keyboard in DDR? Try nearly 4-6 months if I remember correctly. I had to begin on beginner, and I still sucked. I'm not going through all that again.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 03:50:29 AM »
I've been playing and exploring it all night XD. So far i've passed one 10 (Winter [h]) and a few 9s and two 8s in the Extreme folder.

I'm at 207 DJ Points, so far i've unlocked:
-1 song (J219 by Cranky)
-2 background options (BBR 1st and Sakura)
-1 BGM (BBR 1st, sounds like Happy Sky)
-4 frame skins (one of them looks like IIDX Red and another IIDX 10th)
-10/16 Gallery images

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 08:34:44 AM »
wewt, after playing Sky High in free mode on 1x speed, I ended up passing Happy Rainbow[N] 2.0x:
Code: [Select]
GREAT: 311
great: 194
good:  23
bad:   18
poor:  27

Unbelievable for being the 3rd song I played, lmao. I guess my setup works better than expected. I am using a setup like this:
Code: [Select]
      A S  F  H J
SHIFT     C V
For some reason, it feels more natural to have A and S instead of Z and S...

Wow, this game is actually pretty kick-ass. PARANOiA RED = AWESOME.

Seems like 5s are where I'm at, more or less right now, though I may improve.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 08:49:50 AM by Bobbias »

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 12:23:16 PM »
well i won't be getting much better,  i can't adapt to a differant key layout (my eyes strictly follow white keys for bottom, red for most left row, and blue keys for top, yes color fucks me up, hence why i suck so much at pop'n music without the beat kuns on) so yea

really good game to kill 30+ minutes on however.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007, 01:16:55 PM »
Ha, I've been playing around with this for quite a while. Shift works easily the best as scratch and I don't know why you'd change that. Just turn off sticky keys and you're good to go.

I've passed all of the default songlist except for one song on Another.

Also, there IS a way to use a controller but scratching with it lags terribly so don't bother.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2007, 01:47:17 PM »
Well, I've been playing using my new style for a little while, but 8's and 9s are my limit. Though if they took some of the tricky parts out of that 350 BPM flashing 10 I swear I could pass it, lmao.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x