Author Topic: Embed videos  (Read 8060 times)

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
Embed videos
« on: August 24, 2017, 04:58:57 PM »
Is there a way to post Embed YT videos here? I've tried a couple times to put the embed code in between [ html] [ /html] and it doesn't work (spaces after open bracket for posting).

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: Embed videos
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 05:22:09 PM »
You can now!

Syntax: <youtube>(paste URL to video here)</youtube> (replace angle brackets with square braces)

"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 07:34:16 PM »
Now THAT is customer service...

This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 01:11:54 AM »

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 03:47:09 AM »

BREHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 09:57:17 AM »
I guess I'll contribute.

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 12:01:06 PM »
Wooo that's what I'm talking about!

Damn Bobbias, homie got some skittles on that street fighter! I should really pick that up the last fighting game I played was DOA 5. Which can we all agree the DOA 5 costumes prices are absolutely absurd?

Also is that stepmania? It's literally been since 2005 since I've done any theme adjusting on it so I completely forget how to do it. Mine is still basic. I'm so bad at SM anymore.

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 12:12:39 PM »
This was the last time I played Stepmania really almost a year ago.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2017, 05:02:45 PM »
Yeah, that's SM5 with spawncamping-wallhack as the theme.

And here's my best osu!mania video:

Spectere Edit: Fixed the link. <3
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 05:13:41 PM by Spectere »

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2017, 05:14:08 PM »
One thing that's worth noting: it seems as though you have to paste the full URL into the YouTube tags. Just doing the ID doesn't seem to work, annoyingly enough. :s I mean, it should, but it doesn't. Maybe something changed on YouTube's end?

Edit: Also, right now the videos will resize themselves to fit your browser. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this; I can see it being both good and potentially annoying. I could limit the default size of the player in the admin control panel. If you want it to be larger, full screening the video (or overriding the default with in the tag) will still be an option. Thoughts?

Edit2: Here's a link to the mod page. This has a full list of tags and attributes that the plugin will support.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 05:19:39 PM by Spectere »

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2017, 07:07:53 PM »
One thing that's worth noting: it seems as though you have to paste the full URL into the YouTube tags. Just doing the ID doesn't seem to work, annoyingly enough. :s I mean, it should, but it doesn't. Maybe something changed on YouTube's end?

Edit: Also, right now the videos will resize themselves to fit your browser. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this; I can see it being both good and potentially annoying. I could limit the default size of the player in the admin control panel. If you want it to be larger, full screening the video (or overriding the default with in the tag) will still be an option. Thoughts?

Edit2: Here's a link to the mod page. This has a full list of tags and attributes that the plugin will support.

Much appreciated sir! I noticed the YT button that's pretty neat.

Yeah, that's SM5 with spawncamping-wallhack as the theme.

And here's my best osu!mania video

Spectere Edit: Fixed the link. <3

Yeah that's the one music game I couldn't get into that much for some reason. I had it originally on PS2 and got into it a little bit on PC but it just didn't stick for me. Usually I can follow any rhythm game but when I watch videos like yours here my brain is just like ????.

Also that's definitely not my best in SM by a longshot. I used to be way better (just like guitar hero) but you know....adult life and shit kind of takes priority. Gay.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2017, 08:12:35 PM »
Its been 2 years since I started my current job and ever since then ive struggled to play consistently, and now im quite rusty. Like considerably worse than those 2 videos.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2017, 02:03:13 PM »
Its been 2 years since I started my current job and ever since then ive struggled to play consistently, and now im quite rusty. Like considerably worse than those 2 videos.

Yeah it's one of those things that has become more or less nostalgia at this point. There are too many games to try to keep up with these days.

Meanwhile Spectere has so far spared us all the embarrassment with his own SM video. I've seen that freak play both feet and fingers. I could never quite get on that level. Spectere was 1 of 3 guys locally I knew of that could rip pads to shreds and frequented the malls around town playing all the time.

Ian I have to ask, did you ever surpass Jared? I think that was his name.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2017, 12:54:30 AM »
I've sort of moved away from SM to focus more on IIDX. SM got kinda stale for me after a while, and with dumpstream seeming to have overtaken everything else I can't see myself going back any time soon. I did have a fair number of songs in the teens (as in perfects) back in the day, though. Nowadays, I can generally pass the same stuff but my timing isn't quite as good. I don't really have an ideal play setup nowadays, though--I pretty much just play casually.

Do you mean JJSZ or JROD? If it's JJSZ (he mostly played at the BVM) then hell naw. He was one of the best players in the world for a while. If you mean JROD then yeah, for the most part. He had a few really wonky AAAs that nobody can sufficiently explain (like Afronova heavy...like, what?), but the last time I saw him I was pretty handily beating his scores (like, ~30 great FC on MAX 300 heavy vs 60 greats with a few goods). He might have been out of practice, though.

My biggest problem now is that I stopped playing for so long that my stamina took a nosedive. My timing's gotten a bit better, however. Must be all of that IIDXing.

Also, any plans to visit Youngstown in the future? I'd love to take you down to Akiba Arcade in Columbus. You'd love it there. $15 for all day freeplay with an insane variety of music games.

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2017, 03:42:55 PM »
I've sort of moved away from SM to focus more on IIDX. SM got kinda stale for me after a while, and with dumpstream seeming to have overtaken everything else I can't see myself going back any time soon. I did have a fair number of songs in the teens (as in perfects) back in the day, though. Nowadays, I can generally pass the same stuff but my timing isn't quite as good. I don't really have an ideal play setup nowadays, though--I pretty much just play casually.

Do you mean JJSZ or JROD? If it's JJSZ (he mostly played at the BVM) then hell naw. He was one of the best players in the world for a while. If you mean JROD then yeah, for the most part. He had a few really wonky AAAs that nobody can sufficiently explain (like Afronova heavy...like, what?), but the last time I saw him I was pretty handily beating his scores (like, ~30 great FC on MAX 300 heavy vs 60 greats with a few goods). He might have been out of practice, though.

My biggest problem now is that I stopped playing for so long that my stamina took a nosedive. My timing's gotten a bit better, however. Must be all of that IIDXing.

Also, any plans to visit Youngstown in the future? I'd love to take you down to Akiba Arcade in Columbus. You'd love it there. $15 for all day freeplay with an insane variety of music games.

Most times I visit is jam packed with family since I'm only a couple days usually. Next visit is Xmas but we may be coming up soon after my wedding (Oct 7) for a hometown reception party. I'll def let you know.

And yeah it was JROD I was referring to. I don't know if I met JJSZ unless he was that PIU guy at Eastwood in Kahunaville.