The Chatterbox > Random Chat

BEER

<< < (11/11)

vladgd:

Been a while, cut my drinking by like...95% due to getting older and my heart threatening to have a heart attack multiple times You know having 3+ caffeinated beverages and 2-5 alcoholic beverages...per day, for years could be bad for you? NAWWWWW, but it did, so I drastically changed that habit. But it's near Christmas, and I found this and couldn't resist. Excuse the messy table.

Bobbias:
Good choice, St. Bernardus is nice.

vladgd:
I've had abt 12, and it's a scrumptious beer, but not the other 3.

Abt 12 is my favorite out of the bunch, but out of the 3 I've just recently tried Pater 6 was my favorite. Not too sweet, good biscuity taste, the bubbles were mild when drinking (idk but belgians foam up like crazy when I drink them, tripels dubels and quads at least), and would buy again If I ever seen one exist outside that gift box.

The tripel and the Prior 8 were fairly similar afiak, good beers, but a few tiers below the pater 6 and abt 12 in my opinion.

One bad thing I've been getting into is geuze...

I hate how much I love these. Only had geuze boon, geuze tilquin, and pictured oude geuze fonteinen.

It really sucks because geuze boon is the cheapest (and hasn't been available in over a year) at $12 per 12oz bottle...and this oude geuze was $15 for a 12oz...

I will limit myself to 2-3 a year out of sheer stupidity of cost, but these things are delicious. I need more.

vladgd:

Went to Lansing the other day to check out this place called "megabev" and snagged a 4 pack of this stuff.

"sour farmhouse ale" sounded interesting, I enjoy a good sour, I enjoy a good saison, but this beer packs some funk I couldn't quite pinpoint until I read the text around the label and you can see in the image the word "Brettanomyces" and THAT is the odd funk I taste, and it's delicious. They also use brett in a belgian beer called "orval trappist ale" which is a totally different style of beer, but has that bretty funk which I find appealing.

Well recommended if you have a taste for a good sour with a bit of funkyness to it. Wish I bought more than one 4 pack.

Spectere:
All this is doing is reminding me that I need to make a run up to Vintage Estates and grab an assortment of brews, heh.

I'll have to write that one down. I'm always in the mood for a good sour.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version