The Chatterbox > Random Chat

BEER

<< < (2/11) > >>

Bobbias:
I haven't had Boon, but I did have Oud Beersel Oude Geuze, which I quite enjoyed.

vladgd:

I bought a can of this from 711 because of the can.

It's not half bad, it's like a cross between a standard lager with some flavors reminding me of some Belgian stuff like duvel? maybe. Standard up front, Belgian on the back end, at least for my pallet.

Had 0 expectations, but I'd buy another can, nothing fancy, but certainly not bad.

vladgd:

If I had one holy grail beer, it's this beer.

KBS is released yearly ~March in Michigan, ~April in other states. Miss it one year, you'll have another chance next year.

CBS is not, according to the founders site here, last bottled in 2011...so...this is the first release of this beer since I started drinking beer.

Now how much is it?  750ml bottles only, no 6 packs of 12oz. $25.00 usd.

I'll revisit this thread with my opinion when I crack this baby open Christmas eve or Christmas day. Figured it as a Christmas gift from me, to me. And I do recall around December of last year I read founders was doing 6 bourbon barrel releases, and I fully intended to try all 6. Frootwood, KBS, Doom, DKML, Backwoods Bastard, and now CBS, pretty happy I managed to snag all 6, it's like a scavenger hunt every few months to find a new release for me. AND NEXT MONTH IS BELLS HOPSLAM, man beer is fun.

*obligatory edit storm*

Because science, rating in order minus CBS because that's for Holiday time.

KBS > DKML = Backwoods Bastard > Doom >> Frootwood

Bobbias:
Went to the LCBO today. This is what I came back with.

Also, the price :< Shit ain't cheap.

vladgd:
Nowhere I've seen showed 12oz of CBS for sale. Even on the website with the link I had in the last post, every barrel aged beer shown in 12oz, and bomber, with CBS only being in bomber.

I just find it funny how you live in another country, and are paying less for the same amount of beer that's made 90 minutes east of where I live in my own state.

But I can't say much on duchesse, but I have had two beers from the brewery that made that quad, both saisons. Tank 7, which I found average and kind of overpriced for what it was, but certainly not bad. And something I want to try in more beers before I decide I enjoy it, Saison Brett, which was also a bit overpriced, but I wouldn't mind trying another one. Brett is such a weird unique flavor, it's not for everyone, but I'd recommend trying something like Orval to get an understanding of what taste brett imparts. If you like some of the funkier Belgian stuff, it might be worth exploring. I'm not yet sure if I am in the yes or no camp for that flavor yet. I had an Orval earlier this year and loved it, then I had one about 6 months later and didn't like it at all...might try a third when I hit up Horrocks next week to get a final verdict.

I hope you enjoy those beers sir! From what I hear about CBS, it's like KBS (one of the best stouts on the planet) with maple, which certainly can't be bad.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version