Author Topic: BEER  (Read 31056 times)

vladgd

• View Profile
Re: BEER
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2019, 10:27:37 PM »
https://imgur.com/a/oZlH6pE

First image bobbias might appreciate, finally found it so made a purchase. Might try it in a few days.

Second image drinking right now. Not half bad, reminds me of hoegaarden, except without the wheat beer flavor.

Posting on mobile so not going to fuck with resizing images, link will suffice.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2019, 02:06:06 AM »
Ayy, that red ale! I don't mind Leffe either. Nothing particularly special, but nice.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2019, 04:44:47 PM »
I don't think that beer was for me, a lot sweeter than I expected. Not bad though.

While I've been in work hell, birthday is tomorrow and I managed to snag a 4 pack of these babies. Thought I missed em, but there's always another store. Crack one open for the big 31, yay beer!

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2019, 09:21:02 AM »
Woo, nice! Happy birthday!
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2019, 05:46:56 PM »
Happy birthday man. I'm just about 31 myself.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2019, 02:20:24 PM »

Been a while, cut my drinking by like...95% due to getting older and my heart threatening to have a heart attack multiple times You know having 3+ caffeinated beverages and 2-5 alcoholic beverages...per day, for years could be bad for you? NAWWWWW, but it did, so I drastically changed that habit. But it's near Christmas, and I found this and couldn't resist. Excuse the messy table.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2019, 12:42:59 AM »
Good choice, St. Bernardus is nice.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2020, 09:15:21 PM »
I've had abt 12, and it's a scrumptious beer, but not the other 3.

Abt 12 is my favorite out of the bunch, but out of the 3 I've just recently tried Pater 6 was my favorite. Not too sweet, good biscuity taste, the bubbles were mild when drinking (idk but belgians foam up like crazy when I drink them, tripels dubels and quads at least), and would buy again If I ever seen one exist outside that gift box.

The tripel and the Prior 8 were fairly similar afiak, good beers, but a few tiers below the pater 6 and abt 12 in my opinion.

One bad thing I've been getting into is geuze...

I hate how much I love these. Only had geuze boon, geuze tilquin, and pictured oude geuze fonteinen.

It really sucks because geuze boon is the cheapest (and hasn't been available in over a year) at $12 per 12oz bottle...and this oude geuze was $15 for a 12oz...

I will limit myself to 2-3 a year out of sheer stupidity of cost, but these things are delicious. I need more.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2020, 09:51:44 PM »

Went to Lansing the other day to check out this place called "megabev" and snagged a 4 pack of this stuff.

"sour farmhouse ale" sounded interesting, I enjoy a good sour, I enjoy a good saison, but this beer packs some funk I couldn't quite pinpoint until I read the text around the label and you can see in the image the word "Brettanomyces" and THAT is the odd funk I taste, and it's delicious. They also use brett in a belgian beer called "orval trappist ale" which is a totally different style of beer, but has that bretty funk which I find appealing.

Well recommended if you have a taste for a good sour with a bit of funkyness to it. Wish I bought more than one 4 pack.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2020, 03:56:44 PM »
All this is doing is reminding me that I need to make a run up to Vintage Estates and grab an assortment of brews, heh.

I'll have to write that one down. I'm always in the mood for a good sour.
"This is a machine for making cows."