Author Topic: Marvel vs Capcom Infinite  (Read 1965 times)

vladgd

• View Profile
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
« on: September 22, 2017, 01:44:24 AM »
This topic probably won't go anywhere because this place (and most places) just aren't into the genre. But, despite my better judgement, and capcom burning me twice in the past "cough" street fighter x tekken and street fighter 5 "cough", I BOUGHT IT ANYWAY BECAUSE IM A CAPCUCK.

This post shouldn't be too long because I haven't had the time to invest too much into it, so here's my initial impressions.

THE GAME LOOKS AWFUL. seriously, marvel vs capcom 3 looked great, the character models in that game still look great today(I may argue some characters look better than even sf5, which I think has pretty good looking characters), and they look 1000 times better than what infinite has to offer. Do not buy this game to be impressed by graphics, besides a (small) handfull of characters, they look flatout BAD. HERE IS AN EXAMPLE!

OK they did fix her face to...

but cmon this was marvel 3, YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAARRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS AGO

So the game looks like ass, and im not even a graphics snob (you can tell from mass effect andromeda). But we as people who enjoy games, do not play a game for looks, that's what movies are for, we play them for the gameplay.

The game is fun. Ignoring Tekken because another companies game wouldn't be fair, not to mention comparing a 3d namco fighting game to a capcom vs series game is just apples to oranges. The freedom you get from marvel is still intact. It isn't like street fighter 5 where you're locked down to specific paths. OHH WITH ALEX YOU CAN ONLY DO A LIGHT FLASH CHOP AFTER A STANDING MEDIUM PUNCH AND THATS IT~! NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS

So I don't have a team yet but i'm playing around with firebrand, ghostrider, haggar, frank west, doctor strange, and im open to more. It's really fun seeing what's possible and what synergy characters can have with eachother. The sense of exploration like if I do this thing with ghostrider, then tag firebrand, can I do this other thing? Well you probably can, and it feels like you have a ton of options at your disposal.

Day 3 verdict

GRAPHICS BAD, GAMEPLAY GUD

WORTH PURCHASE