Author Topic: [VIDEO] NewF plays - Death Moon  (Read 9899 times)

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
[VIDEO] NewF plays - Death Moon
« on: October 29, 2007, 02:37:39 AM »
Yeah, was just testing out new settings for that growler guncam, and the video turned out alright, so I decided to upload it.
Don't mind the constant pile of greats in those trills, my cat jumped on my lap lol.

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
Re: [VIDEO] NewF plays - Death Moon
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 05:39:12 AM »
good job. lagged in a couple places, but good.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 10:06:03 PM »
Christ, that's amazing. I wish I was a god at Stepmania like you are, seriously. I can barely pass a handful of songs in the original KBMP. I can't do most of them, and I've been playing since 2004.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 02:03:48 AM »
Then again, I don't really consider myself to be an "amazing" player. I'm not really extreme into the game anymore...i'm gonna start though, I really needa get my speed up more. Then again, I always compare myself to the best, which I probably shouldn't but meh.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 02:48:06 AM »
Tim, it's all about how much you play. When I started out, I was failing DDR officials on normal difficulty. I played like someone addicted to crack untill I got better, and then slowed down a bit and kept making myself improve. I also started out playing 1 handed, but still. Oh, and I've played 1 Hand, Index, and Spread in that order, lol. I also found that the faster I could read the notes, the better I got, more or less. I'm still nowhere NEAR Newf, but I don't consider myself to be bad, either. I'm really somewhere around average as far as actual serious players are concerned.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 05:10:12 AM »
I've played since 2003 (If FFR counts [which it should]), and I'm STILL not anywhere as good as newf.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 07:04:49 AM »
I've been playing since 2002 I believe. Somewhere around the summer of 2002I started on stepmania and took over 6 months or so just to get to being able to play pad 10s.

I've come a LONG way (most people being better than I was, unless they just plain suck), but I'm still far away from that sort of accuracy as well.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 03:00:52 PM »
Yeah, my accuracy fails it, badly, but I'm pretty good at passing pretty much anything that's thrown at me.

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 11:36:30 PM »
Tim, it's all about how much you play. When I started out, I was failing DDR officials on normal difficulty. I played like someone addicted to crack untill I got better, and then slowed down a bit and kept making myself improve. I also started out playing 1 handed, but still. Oh, and I've played 1 Hand, Index, and Spread in that order, lol. I also found that the faster I could read the notes, the better I got, more or less. I'm still nowhere NEAR Newf, but I don't consider myself to be bad, either. I'm really somewhere around average as far as actual serious players are concerned.

I used to play ALL the time. I was addicted to SM for the better part of a year, and then played it in spurts after that. I've always played one-handed. I tried index once and just... didn't like it. It seemed strange to play with. I do consider myself to be amazing for one-handed though... I just can't really be compared to indexers (like that one arch0wl guy lolol) who can slay beasts (like quasar lolol) without "breaking a sweat".

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2007, 03:48:05 AM »
I played 1 handed for a long time, but when I switched to index, I did have a hard time. The issue with 1 handing is that it has WAY more limitations speed and combination wise. That, and since most songs now are designed for/by people who play spread, they are significantly harder to do 1 handed because of the patterns. Things like fast rolls are hard 1 handed, harder than any other style of gameplay, for example.

I highly suggest you switch, because I found that as a 1 handed player, my ability peaked at playing quasar 1.2 and Aing it. I switched to spread, and sucked. I sucked for quite some time, but I stuck with it because any song with jacks in it would instantly PWN me 1 handed, and at the time, a lot of sim makers were making things for index players, which tended to have mini jacks, and other annoying things that are hard to do 1 handed. So, I kept at it and within a week or 2 I began to see some pretty decent improvements, and within a month I was beating the crap out of old scores.

Then, I began playing some harder sims, and noticed that there were some things that I was really having difficulty with, mostly streams with jumps in them. Even 8th streams with jumps in them were kinda hard at the time, so 16th streams with jumps were instapwn sections for me. I decided I would try spread and lo and behold, after about 2 hours of playing I was beating top scores that I couldn't even come close to any more with my indexing. I was able to actually beat my score on reality, despite the fact that reality has a lot of drills, which are hard for me to do well with in spread.

After having played 1 handed, indexed, spread, and a couple other styles, such as this:
Code: [Select]
1 = left middle finger
2 = left index finger
3 = right middle finger
4 = right index finger

And other things like that, I've found that spread is probably the best technical style to use. There's no extra movement from one key to another like in index, each finger has it's own designated key, which cuts down the length of time it takes to press each key in various combinations, making it overall faster. Each finger is completely independent, meaning that as long as your keyboard supports up to 4 keys, you can do any combination possible without needing to do something weird to press the extra keys. It's easy to learn to read, because the keys are set up to mirror the visual layout of the screen receptors. It's rather natural in that the placement of your fingers is more natural to a typist than indexing would be.

There are probably other reasons too.

I'm not saying you need to change, but it would be a good idea to spend a couple days trying to find a different way, because 1 handing and indexing have some inherent flaws than tend to make some things way harder than they should be.

Oh, and timing wise, my MA is almost never more than 10 x my PA, and I can only AAA things that are about pad 10 footers. Anything above that and I'll likely get a couple greats, because I'm rather inconsistent (I have a hard time keeping a combo and such, though I can get 2000+ combos on a couple songs).

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2007, 02:36:17 AM »
LoL, I find it funny the fact that some retards post commects on this video saying "its stupid, and fake" blah blah, saying they wanna see hands and judge and shit.
All it is, is some shitty as video I half threw together, while testing out the recording program, and I just so happened to FC the song, so said fuck it, i'll upload it cause its a FC, and just to see how the video plays online. Retarded noobs ftL.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2007, 08:45:44 AM »
YouTubers are generally stupid.

For laughs, try uploading a video of someone playing ITG.  They're so damn clueless that even if you play something like fucking Salieri Strikes Back Oni they'd bitch you out for using the bar despite the fact that they can't do Butterfly on beginner.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2007, 10:48:08 AM »
Haha, wow, yeah, youtube is pretty bad for that. I could bash my face on a keyboard and call it an AMV and they'd love it.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2007, 02:25:17 PM »
Haha, wow, yeah, youtube is pretty bad for that. I could bash my face on a keyboard and call it an AMV and they'd love it.

Lmao, DO IT!

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2007, 02:56:26 PM »
It's fake, that's why all his hits are perfect, oh wait...