Author Topic: Happy new years!  (Read 4686 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Happy new years!
« on: January 01, 2018, 12:36:10 AM »
Happy new years to everyone still active here!
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: Happy new years!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 04:48:46 PM »
Same to you! Here's hoping that 2018 will be less of a dumpster fire than 2017 was. ;D
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 05:10:23 PM »
A few major life changing things happened in 2017, hopefully I can use that to accomplish more in 2018.

Also an accomplishment this place still somehow alive and kickin.

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 03:56:38 PM »
Happy new years Specterians!

Anyone have any major goals as per usual into the new year? Seems like 2017 was a heck of a year for everyone.

Mine couldn't be more cliche. Lose weight get fit yada yada. Probably the most out of shape I've been my whole life honestly. Hoping I can find the discipline this year to start making some changes and get back to my early 20's  ;D

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 06:43:59 PM »
Yeah, I wouldn't mind getting in shape. I want to keep the goals reasonable though.

Have some kind of physical activity in my EVERY DAY routine, something that even on a busy day I could do. Keeping it consistent makes it easier to stick to. I kinda want to get more flexible and whatnot as well, maybe start stretching to work on doing splits like young people.

That and...eating better...doubt it'll happen but yknow, its the thought that matters.

Most important though, #1 thing I want to do, new job. I think this is actually something I may have a chance at doing this year. I have been content with my deadend job for...9...years...now...but a good friend of mine got fired, I'm turning 30 soon, I finally moved (one of those outside of my comfort zone things), I WANT TO AVOID HAVING A 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY AT A DEAD END JOB so...need to find something before September..., and my job location has moved so it feels like a new job, so that forced me outside of being content.

All of those factors SHOULD push me into actually looking, rather than talking about it and doing nothing. What's the harm in a new job, and being uncomfortable for a while, when my current job already forced that upon me. May as well look for something I can make more money at.

I'm not going to be all gung ho THIS IS HAPPENING IM SO MOTIVATED, because I think it's all horseshit, why wait for the first of the year to do something you could'a done 6 months ago? But whatever, any reason is a good one to make improvements I suppose.

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 05:41:08 PM »
Your post made me think about that "Dear Lazy People" video from ASAPscience. You make some really good points and that's always been a problem for me doing that go hard 110% until I stop going hard and end up in a worse position than where I started.

Maybe we could do some kind of friendly competition or something and help motivate each other?

Just a thought.

Also, good luck on getting a better job. If it's dead end yeah it's time to leave your comfort zone and find a place with room to grow and evolve.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 08:12:00 PM »
Reminds me of...

god tier youtuber

I get the competition, but, with all of us, life gets in the way, and the new job location has been taxing enough as is. I just know I have it in myself to do something, if yknow...I ACTUALLY DO IT.

Like moving, ehh, later...ehh I'll look tomorrow...next week...next month...next year...maybe the year after...

ACTUALLY DOING IT, ohh a house, for rent? Cool, let's look at it (30 days later) MOVED IN ALREADY HOWED IT HAPPEN SO FAST.

So I think it's not even a matter of trying, it's a matter of doing at all. Yeah if I'm actually doing something and it isn't panning out, some motivation may be needed, but in the meantime, if I aint even doing anything, I have no right to complain.

As the video explains, PROCRASTINATION = SADNESS. Don't do it later, do it now.