Author Topic: I Moved!  (Read 10320 times)

vladgd

• View Profile
I Moved!
« on: November 02, 2017, 02:09:40 AM »
It's 2am, and I'm in a house, barely got the tv and pc hooked up, bed put together, boxes everywhere, still a lot to do.

But I did it, never figured my first place would be a 2 bedroom house though. Me and the girlfriend aren't rich, I mean we are RENTING not owning...but still come January, the rent for this place will be cheaper than 2 bedroom apartments in this area.

Leasing till June then going month to month after that (which sounds like best case scenereo for me, I'd like to move out of town so that gives me flexibility).

I am the type of person who takes a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time to go from I SHOULD DO THIS (4 years later) I STILL NEED TO DO THAT THING. So going from getting my car paid off a few months ago, to seeing this place a few weeks ago, to making this post from my computer in my new computer room in my house, maybe I am finally starting to adult. Although having very little spending money will be an adjustment, again, me and the partner don't earn much even working full time. Still, shouldn't be too bad, most of it was junk food which I really need to cut back on, and this will enforce that.

Enjoying the everliving fuck out of this expensive founders KBS (vintage 2016) because I had 4 of those fuckers in the fridge waiting for the proper time to drink them, and I think I can start polishing off those bad boys now.

May or may not update when the place is done being set up. Much work to do and my next day off is Monday, so it'll wait.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 02:12:53 AM by vladgd »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: I Moved!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 10:04:34 AM »
Congrats! ;D Enjoy your adulting!

It really seems like more of a house renter/owner's market lately. One of my friends is on the east coast (Baltimore area) and it was actually cheaper in the long run for him to buy a house than stay in an apartment. Crazy. You also have the added bonus of having way more room.

Buying a home is one of my next steps. My main thing is that I want to see where I end up before I do so. I'm aiming to relocate by 2020, since this area simply doesn't have enough tech jobs for me to be able to feasibly climb the ladder.

Also: mmm, breakfast stout. I'm going to have to look for that next time I'm at Vintage (preeeeetty sure they carry Founders brews).
"This is a machine for making cows."

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 10:46:36 AM »
Spectere is right for sure. I'm in Atlanta and the rent market is disgustingly high. I'll be buying my first home in May because it's so much cheaper. I've been renting since I was 20 and it really hurts me to think about how much money I've flushed over the last 12 years with no equity to show.

That's great though, where were you living before? With the rents? Having ones own place is a great feeling.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 09:07:02 PM »
I'll be 100% honest, i've been scumbag mode living with the folks. The situation I'm in was basically, my parents are legit awesome, and the house I was living in was very large. 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom, had the whole second floor to myself, and the basement. Most people get fed up and want to leave, but, I never was fortunate enough to experience that desire. So the older I get the more I feel I just need to grow the fuck up and do this.

Me and the girlfriend went looking for places occasionally but nothing "serious", and all the apartments in this area have a 6-12 month wait period...then on the way home I seen a for rent sign, we called it up, seen it the following week, moved in two weeks later, happened REALLY FAST.

Just an adjustment from going from no budget to...living month to month in this bitch. Hopefully motivates me to be more proactive, since it was like 3 weeks from nothing to moved the fuck out. I could do the same for...jobs...and like health stuff like fitness and eating better. Too early to really have an opinion, work has been keeping me away from really putting the place together, so it's not quite "home" yet. OHH AND ONE MORE THING THAT IS NOT UNDERSTATED, I said "on my way home I seen the place" This fucker is like 40...50 seconds? maybe even an entire minute drive away from my parents house, so yeah im moved out and "on my own" but I'm a short walk from the parents house if I need anything. Let's call it, training wheels? Same area different residence.

Ohh and spectere, if you want a KBS, you aren't getting one now. You're going to have to wait until ~March 2018, and figure out the exact day they'll sell, and which locations will carry it, AND buy it that day, preferably early, and most likely pay over $25 (depends on how much they want to gouge you, founders directly retails them for 18 or 20 dollars for the 4 pack, every other store will charge more than that) for 4 beers. It's a very hyped product that doesn't stick around for very long at all(same with Bells Hopslam which is a January release), I was lucky to get mine the hour they got them shipped in, and even then they didn't have them out in the open, you had to know they had them and ask upfront. Still you're Ohio and I am certain you get KBS, but it's a little more than going to the shop and buying it, it's highly seasonal and limited release. DAMN GOOD THOUGH, recommended if you're a stout man, who enjoys coffee and or dark chocolate.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 09:20:16 PM by vladgd »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 06:47:00 PM »
Fuck man, now I really want to try a KBS :<

Also, I moved out recently myself, and yeah, going from paying 400 a month total expenses to.... 1400 a month in rent (split 50-50 with the GF, so 700 each), plus hydro, internet, and car insurance is.... Quite a learning experience.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 09:40:10 AM »
Ohh and spectere, if you want a KBS, you aren't getting one now. You're going to have to wait until ~March 2018, and figure out the exact day they'll sell, and which locations will carry it, AND buy it that day, preferably early, and most likely pay over $25 (depends on how much they want to gouge you, founders directly retails them for 18 or 20 dollars for the 4 pack, every other store will charge more than that) for 4 beers. It's a very hyped product that doesn't stick around for very long at all(same with Bells Hopslam which is a January release), I was lucky to get mine the hour they got them shipped in, and even then they didn't have them out in the open, you had to know they had them and ask upfront. Still you're Ohio and I am certain you get KBS, but it's a little more than going to the shop and buying it, it's highly seasonal and limited release. DAMN GOOD THOUGH, recommended if you're a stout man, who enjoys coffee and or dark chocolate.

fuuuuuuuuu-!! Yeah, from what I read, KBS pretty much checks all of my boxes, haha. S'okay, though. There are other coffee stouts to tide me over in the meantime.

I did end up grabbing a 6-pack of Great Lakes Ohio City Oatmeal Stout on a whim this past weekend, though. Kind of nice that my local snack stop has something that's actually decent next to the pisswater beers. Probably helps that the Great Lakes Brewing Company is right over in Cleveland. As far as the drink itself goes: it's kind of light for a stout, but it's pretty good! Very smooth, good subtle flavor.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 02:15:31 PM »
I mean if you really want a KBS, and you're willing to drive to get one, I got 6 in the fridge, some from 2016 some from 2017. It's a great beer but I doubt it's worth a 12? hour round trip drive.

However, as an Ohioan have access to thirsty dog brewing, and they make Siberian Night. Not cheap, but available all year, and probably breaks my top 3 for stouts, very very very good beer.

As for the new place since this is that topic and stuff, it's cozy, but still not unpacked yet. Moving is a bitchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, but me and the gf have tuesday off so that's the agenda, unpack all boxes get the place looking clean. While im not far from where I used to live, I really do feel that one less minute in getting to town, it's nice.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 04:59:04 PM »
Eh, I dunno. I've driven to Madison, WI, quite a few times this year just for the weekend and that's around sixteen hours of driving right there. But yeah, that might be excessive just for a beer. :P

I know Vintage has a healthy stock of Thirsty Dog available. Thanks for the recommendation! I'll have to pick some of that up next time I'm there.

And yeah, when I moved to Maryland it took me forever to unpack. Basically I'd leave stuff boxed until I wanted/needed to use it. That did make it easier for me when I ultimately moved back to Ohio, but yeah, I'm not too crazy about packing and unpacking. I actually still have a few things boxed (since 2007!). It's only one box and it basically has redundant stuff like my spare Dreamcast and random crap like my shitty Radio Shack microphones.

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 05:19:04 PM »
I'll be 100% honest, i've been scumbag mode living with the folks.

Trust me you have zero judgment from me there man. I've always envied people who have that kind of relationship with their parents. Don't get me wrong I love my parents regardless but I think that says a lot about how much they care about their children. It really just comes down to your own personal pride and what makes you feel accomplished.

Also, I moved out recently myself, and yeah, going from paying 400 a month total expenses to.... 1400 a month in rent (split 50-50 with the GF, so 700 each), plus hydro, internet, and car insurance is.... Quite a learning experience.

Being thrusted out to care for yourself is when you evolve the most as a person and learn the most about yourself. That and the fact that no matter how good of friends you are with another person, there will always be problems when you live together.

I lived in my car for only a month when I was 23 but it was probably the most I've ever reflected on myself as a person and grew the most from. I don't regret it at all and it gives me a sense of pride and accomplishment knowing I can survive no matter how bad things get.

It's the same when you're out on your own I think. Just knowing you can take care of yourself and shed any kind of co-dependency is liberating.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 05:23:28 PM by Zephlar »

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2018, 05:15:15 PM »
I do still have to go there to do laundry, but yknow...it's not a long drive...

Figure'd I'd humor you guys with how far away it is.

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2018, 03:59:40 PM »
Shit that looks like Youngstown doesn't it Spectere? Lol

Someone get this man a medal for taking such a journey without stopping to take a piss!

Actually you should do another take of this where you do stops like you would on a long road trip along the way lol

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2018, 04:23:36 PM »
"So far awayyyyy~"

Doesn't look like you even need to touch any major roads to get from House A to House B, so yay for that!

Shit that looks like Youngstown doesn't it Spectere?

He didn't get shot, so that knocks off a few Y-points. :P

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2018, 05:59:57 PM »
Portrait. Whyyyyyyyy
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2018, 08:06:42 PM »
Easiest way to hold my phone while driving?

I'm doing it ghetto holding my phone with one hand and driving and shifting and blinkering with the other hand.

Wouldn't do that on a busy road, but y'all seen it, pretty low pop rural area.

Sad thing, the first house I was looking at was even closer...albeit half as big, so I'm glad that one got snatched up before I could consider it.

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2018, 08:14:05 PM »
When do we get the cribz tour