Author Topic: Pianista (rhythm game app)  (Read 4428 times)

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
Pianista (rhythm game app)
« on: January 03, 2018, 08:56:07 PM »
Just started playing this about a week ago. Thought you guys might be interested if you haven't already seen it. Definitely best rhythm game I've tried so far on mobile.

This composition took me a few tries to beat but I did really well this run (specifically I had a hard time with 1:13 area). I'm not on master difficulty yet but it gets pretty rough on technical difficulty the last half of the tour, which is where I'm at.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 08:58:04 PM by Zephlar »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: Pianista (rhythm game app)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 12:53:44 AM »
"Ooooooo!"

Looks fun! Thanks for the recommendation. :D
"This is a machine for making cows."

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 09:57:54 AM »
"Ooooooo!"

Looks fun! Thanks for the recommendation. :D

Lol yeah that moment when you don't know how you hit something but you did anyway. I imagine you would be able to crush this game without a ton of practice knowing you.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 11:51:50 AM »
We'll see! I tend to not get on as well when it comes to touchscreen rhythm games (I'm *okay* at Reflec Beat and I'm kind of ass at Beatstream) but I usually do okay at this style.

Haven't gotten around to playing it yet, though. Maybe tonight.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 09:15:59 PM »
That looks like something I could play, I think (given that I can get 90+ on anything below about a 7 on deemo). I definitely have some trouble with touch screens though. I can't play holding my phone, and I don't have anything to prop it up and hold it in place, and it tends to slide around on me no matter where I lay it down (even holding it between my legs leads to it sliding around). The reason I can't handle the harder pieces in deemo well is mostly because I suck at slides because of that, and I haven't played enough to learn to read and play the faster stuff that doesn't use slides.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 12:32:26 AM »
I use a silicone case on my phone (it's purple!!1!1), so I can plop it down on a flat surface and not have to worry about it slipping around too much. Definitely comes in handy for that sort of thing. I had a mostly-plastic case on one of my old phones and trying to play rhythm games on that was a disaster.

Tablets are also pretty great for those sorts of things, but in some cases that can lead to excessive amounts of movement being required (though, for a game like this, playing it on a tablet might be more fun in some situations).

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 07:08:09 AM »
I've got an otterbox on it. After my last phones I decided something a bit more protective. Doesn't have the screen protector flap, but overall its saved my phone from countless drops already. I've tried playing without the case too but it's not really any better. Oh well.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2018, 04:00:05 PM »
So I decided to check the game out. Not that impressed. Looks like it has a nice selection of music, but any game like this that has stamina like mechanics can fuck right off. Also it feels like the hit detection for note location is rather tight. I keep missing even on easy stuff on notes on the extreme right of the screen. And have I ever mentioned I dont particularly care for the perspective effect in rhythm games.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2018, 11:30:31 PM »
I only had a chance to play one or two rounds of it, so I haven't run into any issues with the stamina system (really weird choice for a rhythm game. I'll have to have a closer look at their monetization system to see exactly how they deal with everything).

Timing felt fine on iOS. It was a tight enough to be challenging but not up to IIDX levels of punishment. Does the Android version give you the ability to change the offset? Maybe the sync is a bit off.

I think the perspective effect is almost required for mobile rhythm games, honestly. There just isn't much vertical space to deal with, especially when games are playing in landscape.