Author Topic: DJMax Respect [PS4/PC]  (Read 7846 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: DJMax Respect [PS4/PC]
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2020, 11:40:49 PM »
Yeah, I kinda figured that was where you were coming from. Considering how things are nowadays I'm legit surprised that sites like the SMOnline archive and Z-i-V haven't been taken down for copyright infringement, haha. I mean, none of us really gave a shit about that sort of thing back then. I still lean towards it being generally beneficial to the artists in the same way Napster was (I wouldn't have bought a bunch of IDM albums if it hadn't been for StepMania, for example) but the labels don't see it that way. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I actually need to get back into DJMAX and build my finger stamina again. I was working on improving my score on 14*/15* 6-key MX/SC charts, as well as pushing into 8-key mode, but then I got distracted by other things.

Hell, I need to boot it up again just so I can experience some buttery smooth 144hz rhythm gaming goodness. Would you believe that IIDX only runs at 60hz? Pfft.

But yeah, if you see me playing just shoot me a Steam message!
"This is a machine for making cows."

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2020, 08:35:32 PM »
Hell yeah man, I'm down anytime. I just started picking it back up again recently. Gonna complete every song on every difficulty and every key mode. Gonna take a lot of time, but I'll get it done, hahaha.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2020, 01:42:27 AM »
Osu has a featured artists thing where they actually get artists to willingly make their songs freely available to chart (and even provide fully timed starting files). They have had over 100 featured artists by this point, including Dragonforce. So yeah, I'd say that the publicity is worth it.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x