Author Topic: Anyone here playing Fortnite?  (Read 3639 times)

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
Anyone here playing Fortnite?
« on: March 21, 2018, 12:01:52 PM »
Just installed yesterday, didn't realize it was a F2P.

I'm absolute trash at H1Z1 and the whole Battle Royale thing in general, but this was really easy to pick up and play surprisingly for me. Probably because of the native controller support (thank you aim assist).

Anyway just picked it up would be down to do duos or squad. Dunno if you guys are really into this kind of thing.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: Anyone here playing Fortnite?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 08:15:03 AM »
I'm not really into the battle royale thing. It's a bit too random for my liking.

I tend to prefer arena FPS more than anything...not that it's really much of a thing nowadays. :/
"This is a machine for making cows."

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 10:14:42 AM »
Yeah I understand, I kind of assumed you guys weren't really into those, but just wanted to check cuz I don't know anyone to play with.

I've only discovered the genre recently as far as playing it myself. They are just easy to jump into a game and jump out as far as competitive online multiplayer goes. It's like a drive by competitive fix if I don't have a lot of time to play something.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 02:42:10 PM »
Yeah, gotcha. I guess I just like more intimacy when I slaughter people. :)

I have been looking at classic Fortnite (now called Fortnite: Save the World). From what I understand it has a bit of a shaky future thanks to Fortnite Battle Royale's insane popularity, but judging from how Epic handled the shuttering of Paragon I think it's safe to buy into it.

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 03:45:13 PM »
Yeah, gotcha. I guess I just like more intimacy when I slaughter people. :)

Ok Ash  :P

I have been looking at classic Fortnite (now called Fortnite: Save the World). From what I understand it has a bit of a shaky future thanks to Fortnite Battle Royale's insane popularity, but judging from how Epic handled the shuttering of Paragon I think it's safe to buy into it.

Yeah my wife and I are looking at Save The World. It does look pretty fun, but requires a minimum purchase of at least the standard edition which is $40 so, we're just not sure if it's worth it. She's not even remotely into PvP anything so BR doesn't interest her.

Recently I read the Fortnite BR only took two months to develop. That is INSANE considering how gigantic it's become.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 06:22:32 PM »
Yeah, a 2 month development cycle is insane. Then again, it's basically a mod on top of a game with 6 years of development behind it, so I guess that probably helped matters quite a lot. Epic also has tons of development experience under their belts, know how to write solid net code, and know the engine like the back of their hand (at least I hope they do, lol).

Save the World is supposed to be free-to-play when (if?) it launches. One of my friends plays it regularly and he really likes it, so...I dunno. The main reason I'm hesitant to buy into it is because I fear that on top of the initial asking price I'm going to also have to deal with microtransactions when the proper launch happens. I generally try to avoid buy-in betas for future F2P games for that reason. There's no telling how the company is going to reward your loyalty, if they even bother doing so.

Meanwhile, Fortnite: BR is free. I dunno, maybe I'll give it a go one of these days. It wouldn't cost anything aside from a bit of time, after all.