Author Topic: Can I get banned plz?  (Read 11494 times)

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
Can I get banned plz?
« on: January 03, 2018, 05:32:55 PM »
So in the last 6 months I've been banned from 5 FB groups. Two Skyrims groups (today's bans), a private photography group, a podcast group, and a Destiny 2 group. Ian I think I touched on this in a random thread at some point here about moderation.

I have a serious, serious problem with authority on social media I'm realizing. The one Skyrim group I really liked so I'm kind of bummed about it.

All of these bans have been the same situation, mostly. With the exception of the last ban was me "breaking the rules" for posting about the other Skyrim FB group ban (I posted screenshots of my convo that got me banned because it was ridiculous, which ironically got me banned in that group too since it had the some of the same mods). 0A moderator tries to flex on me, or is being an asshole to someone else for something stupid or for no reason at all, and I call them out on it. You'd think I would have learned by now but I can not keep my mouth shut when moderators start swinging their dicks around. Especially on FB, which in my opinion already has FB guidelines and rules so moderation is completely arbitrary. If someone is being a bully just because it makes them feel good, I'm not just gonna grovel at their feet and kiss their asses like everyone else does so they don't get banned and get favored.

I bring this on myself and I'm not saying I'm innocent here because I know the ban is coming before I start laying into them, so I'm not looking for anything in particular. This is just where I'm gonna vent about it.

The amount of censorship that goes on in FB groups is seriously ridiculous. I feel like most people are not equipped to manage other human beings properly. Especially the young 18-22ish ones who want to prove themselves. Who wasn't passionate about everything at that age? I get it. I just ain't gonna tolerate it.

Bitch bitch moan moan people are idiots.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: Can I get banned plz?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 08:22:26 PM »
See, that's one of the problems with forums and groups nowadays--it takes zero skill or effort to set them up. Before you'd have to secure web space, copy files, set permissions, run the install and hope it goes well, keep it updated, and all that crap. Now all you do is press "new group" and...that's it.

Most people absolutely are not suited to being moderators of discussion groups. They either let their biases get in the way, they power trip like a motherfucker, or they just let anarchy rule. Some of them are way too heavy handed, some of them don't have the balls to ban people that they like if they fuck up. I don't really do much on Facebook, but from what I've seen I most certainly have seen plenty of people that fit all of those categories. Another thing is that a lot of these people can't take criticism. Regardless of how you phrase it, they'll fly off the handle and treat it as an attack on their character.

As far as your behavior is concerned, I don't recall ever having a problem with you on a0.com. So there's that, I suppose.

Also, enjoy your fancy new member group!
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 07:25:07 AM »
People are retarded. In general.

Give them power and you get to see just how retarded they are, unfortunately.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 09:17:07 AM »
People [with power] are retarded.

ur baned

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 11:24:33 AM »
You know it's a good thing probably. I decided yesterday to uninstall Facebook altogether and take a hiatus. Thinking about doing that with all social media as kind of an experiment. I realized I habitually go to open FB on my phone when I'm bored. It's like muscle memory almost.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 11:45:24 AM »
Spec, my sig wants a word with you.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 11:50:07 AM »
Yeah, that's a good call, methinks. I was getting the same way with Twitter, but I've cut back on that pretty drastically. Disabling Twitter notifications really helped (before it would ping me on so many devices--my phone, iPad, watch, and my Macs--that it would be hard to ignore).

The only reason I even have a Facebook account is because I have some friends that use Messenger. That's really all I use, though. I've never liked Facebook, honestly. It just seems to bring out the worst in people (so does any microblog-oriented social media network, really, but at least with Twitter there's far fewer characters of bullshit to sift through).

Spec, my sig wants a word with you.

This time around you've been baned. It's totally different.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 09:11:32 PM »
oshi- you're right.

Honestly, I don't touch facebook more than once or twice in a 6 month period (and usually only hit up twitter if something's wrong with this place.)

But on the other hand, I play osu, and post on the forums there and chat in the ingame chat, so I see plenty of bullshit and drama anyway.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 09:24:13 AM »
Oh yeah, this thread was a thing!

I deleted my Facebook account recently. You should, too!

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 09:48:28 AM »
Oh yeah, this thread was a thing!

I deleted my Facebook account recently. You should, too!

Since I posted this I've just stopped Facebooking completely outside of communicating with close friends and family. I honestly don't give 2 shits about my data being sold to third parties or whatever. I conceded years ago nothing I do is private online anyway.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2018, 06:52:45 PM »
Yeah, I just didn't want to give people the false impression that I actually use that service.

The closest thing I have to a Facebook account now is an Oculus account, but at least I actually use that.