Author Topic: Stardew Valley  (Read 3810 times)

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
Stardew Valley
« on: May 02, 2018, 12:35:10 PM »
They just released the multiplayer beta yesterday. The wife and I were jamming out till 2AM last night. I'm roughing it today.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: Stardew Valley
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 01:50:58 PM »
Oh, neat! Thanks for the heads up; I'll have to give that a look.

At some point I need to snag a copy of Stardew Valley for my mom. I think she'd like it.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 02:57:08 PM »
Oh, neat! Thanks for the heads up; I'll have to give that a look.

At some point I need to snag a copy of Stardew Valley for my mom. I think she'd like it.

Ha, that's great. It's a very relaxing game. Feel like it's one of those games anyone can play.

When you select the BETAS tab in the properties menu on steam you'll need to enter the code jumpingjunimo to initiate the beta.

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 04:34:53 PM »
So does that mean your mom plays video games in general?

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 05:18:07 PM »
She generally plays more casual games (TapTiles, Wordament, etc), though she still has a fondness for the Atari 2600. We also used to play WrestleMania on the Genesis back in the day. :) Weirdly enough, she was really into Rollcage in the early/mid-2000s. Pretty sure she was using my old P3-800 at the time.

I think Stardew Valley would be right up her alley. It's fairly light entertainment yet still reasonably deep (I mean, it's basically indie Harvest Moon), has a gorgeous aesthetic, should run well on her laptop (a surprisingly sturdy, yet cheap, ASUS touchscreen ultrabook from 2013-ish), and it doesn't cram 800,000 ads down your throat. I dunno. We'll see.
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 08:23:14 PM »
I really only played harvest moon 64, and this looked interesting when it launched. I do own it, but haven't really had the drive to put much time into it...which annoys my girlfriend greatly.

I bought the game for her a year or two ago, and she has like over 300 hours logged on that fucker, and we also have it on ps4.

When multiplayer officially releases, it may be the only multiplayer game the both of us can agree on playing.