Author Topic: Drugs, Alcohol, etc.  (Read 283094 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: Drugs, Alcohol, etc.
« Reply #870 on: January 24, 2011, 06:49:19 PM »
It's illegal for a reason you gook faced faggot.

K-Mann

« Reply #871 on: January 24, 2011, 09:49:57 PM »
Am I the only one here who has not done any of this? Ever?

Just curious.

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #872 on: January 24, 2011, 11:36:25 PM »

Just curious.

Naw, I doubt you're alone in that.
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: January 24, 2011, 11:48:45 PM »

Just curious.

o/

unless you're including social drinking without getting drunk or buzzed, anyway

K-Mann

« Reply #874 on: January 25, 2011, 10:42:42 PM »
No, I mean I have never had a drop of alcohol, never touched a cig in my life, and the closest I've been to drugs was when my friend called me on the phone while he was high on shrooms.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: January 25, 2011, 11:18:16 PM »
I'm assuming you've had no curiosity then? Really? I find that rather odd.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #876 on: January 26, 2011, 10:45:56 AM »
I'm assuming you've had no curiosity then? Really? I find that rather odd.

Same, I grew up in a house where none of that stuff was really present, except that my mom smokes, and I've ended up drinking, smoking (rarely, never enough to actually get addicted) and smoking weed on occasion (not nearly every day, or even every month).

Maybe it's because I grew up with none of that around me, but I was always curious about all that stuff even from an early age (I remember telling my parents that I was interested in alcohol when I was 12. Not about getting drunk, but about drinking alcoholic drinks).

In all honesty, I don't see why people bother not to try things once. I mean, if your smart about things it's not like getting smashed once is gonna fuck your life up, or that getting high will automatically make you into some useless porch monkey like the propaganda said it would. And I certainly disagree with anyone who thinks they are somehow superior for not having done anything.

I will respect someone's decision not to do any of that stuff. I do have a friend who basically doesn't do any of that at all, I dunno if he's ever had a drop of alcohol in his life and I actually respect him for his self control since I've seen him at parties with everyone drinking and stuff. But I disagree with any sort of ideology that it's better not to have at least tried things.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

K-Mann

« Reply #877 on: January 26, 2011, 10:04:51 PM »
In all honesty, I don't see why people bother not to try things once. I mean, if your smart about things it's not like getting smashed once is gonna fuck your life up, or that getting high will automatically make you into some useless porch monkey like the propaganda said it would. And I certainly disagree with anyone who thinks they are somehow superior for not having done anything.

I will respect someone's decision not to do any of that stuff. I do have a friend who basically doesn't do any of that at all, I dunno if he's ever had a drop of alcohol in his life and I actually respect him for his self control since I've seen him at parties with everyone drinking and stuff. But I disagree with any sort of ideology that it's better not to have at least tried things.

I never said that?

I apologize if I came across as high and mighty about it, but I've never had a reason for not trying it. I'd just rather... not.

I've been to a few parties where the bong and booze got passed around, and I just said "no thanks", and still enjoyed myself. I don't have anything against my friends partaking in it either - infact, they helped create some of the funniest memories I have.

A drink isn't gonna kill me the first time, nor is a blunt gonna fuck me up for the rest of my life (this was a for real poster in my high school and I was forced to take classes on it and everything). I just don't think I'd find it as enjoyable as other people. And who knows, maybe one day I'll try 'em out. But I don't feel superior for having not.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 10:07:50 PM by K-Mann »

Kulli

« Reply #878 on: January 27, 2011, 12:21:46 AM »

Oh Bobbias; how I love you and your extremely presumptuous attitude.

PS You're not alone, Mr. Kraezymann.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: January 27, 2011, 03:20:31 AM »
I think he was making a generalization, and not specifically talking about him.

Also I'm still a bit lost as to the why, but shit, if you don't want to do it don't. Basically someone who doesn't respect people who don't drink or smoke is not someone you want to associate with.

Kulli

« Reply #880 on: January 27, 2011, 04:11:07 AM »
I think he was making a generalization, and not specifically talking about him.

...which is an "extremely presumptuous attitude", last time I checked.

I have multiple reasons as to why I do not want to try smoking tobacco/weed, and multiple reasons why I do not want to drink to drunkenness (the idea of a little bit of alcohol is permissible.) One of those reasons is that I am Buddhist, which specifically bans "intoxication". But no: it must be because of "drug propaganda" and maybe even elitism!

PS:

But I disagree with any sort of ideology that it's better not to have at least tried things.

I find solace in my religion and culture in a world filled with people who think like you. I would rather not indulge in things I have no interest in than be like you, thanks.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: January 27, 2011, 10:00:43 PM »
You're taking offense because he disagrees with your religion/ideology? the fuck? I really don't see how you can claim any sort of superiority when you both just hold differing opinions.

Kulli

« Reply #882 on: January 28, 2011, 12:45:44 AM »
You're taking offense because he disagrees with your religion/ideology?

Now you're seeing shit that isn't there, too?

I take offense at how he seems to imply the only options are government indoctrination or elitism, when none of my reasons are either of those things.

Stop smoking so much weed.

/ishemad

//yeahhemad

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: January 28, 2011, 04:24:41 AM »
Now you're seeing shit that isn't there, too?

I take offense at how he seems to imply the only options are government indoctrination or elitism, when none of my reasons are either of those things.

Oh, didn't catch that. Yeah, I disagree, nothing is black and white.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #884 on: January 28, 2011, 02:08:02 PM »
Did I say that those were the only two reasons people would not want to drink alcohol or do drugs? I was generalizing, because I personally can't understand why people have a problem with either form of intoxication, and the majority of people I have met (note MAJORITY) who don't partake in either have fallen into those two categories. Hell, my mom didn't drink because her father was a bad drunk when she was younger, and because she had a problem a while ago with it as well. My dad doesn't drink because he used to get sick every time (I think he might be allergic to alcohol). Neither of them have stopped drinking for the reasons I mentioned in that post.

Also, AA, while I quite like most of the ideals of Buddhism, the no intoxication thing is one that I have disagreed with since I found out about it. I'd legitimately like to know why Buddhism does not want people to become intoxicated.

I apologize if I came across as high and mighty about it, but I've never had a reason for not trying it. I'd just rather... not.

No need to apologize. I didn't really mean to imply that you came off that way or anything, sorry if it felt that way when I made that post. Sometimes when I make posts online certain things get lost in translation from idea to post, I did kinda want to make it more clear that I wasn't implying that you were that kind of person.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x