Author Topic: Drugs, Alcohol, etc.  (Read 283617 times)

Ulti

• View Profile
Re: Drugs, Alcohol, etc.
« Reply #255 on: March 11, 2008, 06:13:20 PM »
Well I have a literal addiction to coke. If I don't snort about 2 lines a day, I actually get cravings, and get very irritable, and such. I've been trying to cut back on how much I take lately, but not by much. I'm delaying when I do another line by an hour or 2, unless I have a craving (at which point I get it right away, because withdrawls are seriously not fun.)

Shoop Da Whoop

• errday im huslin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 11, 2008, 08:47:04 PM »
Something funny happened at my school today. Some coked out beaner beat the crap out of an extremely obnoxious white kid and his brother. These little white boys really deserved their beating because they're always looking for a fight with weaker people, and this time they had to fight cocaine. Cocaine always wins nigga.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 11, 2008, 09:33:06 PM »
Haha, that sounds like all sorts of awesome.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #258 on: March 12, 2008, 07:37:47 AM »
Haha, I love when assholes get their asses kicked.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #259 on: April 05, 2008, 10:19:55 PM »
Hey guys, how bad is Advil PM for you? I've been taking them sporadically the past few weeks and now feel motivated to buy an 80-count bottle of the pills for me and my girlfriend to share. Should I not buy this because it'll probably make me addicted or what?

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #260 on: April 06, 2008, 12:16:28 AM »
First off, what are you using it for. The sleep aid in those can, at high doses, be used as a deliriant/psychedelic drug. However, I'm pretty sure that to get a high enough dose, you'd have to take a VERY high dose of Ibuprofen (the general name for what's regular in advil.) Ibuphophen can cause liver damage at excessive doses over any prolonged time. I'd suggest reading up on Diphenhydramine and Ibuprofen on wikipedia. (It's a great source of information on how it will affect you, as well as information on the dangers of using too much.)

From what I can tell, Diphenhydramine has a lot of side effects that are not what you'd want. Overall, it's almost like a mildly hallucinogenic version of alcohol, description wise, but it also has some side effects that aren't very good.

From what I've read, you probably wouldn't want to do that. If you're serious about using that in a recreational way, I'd suggest locating another source of Diphenhydramine and possibly even separating it from whatever it's bonded to. However, that may require chemicals you can't get access to, and knowledge of chemistry you don't have.

All in all, I'd advise against it. You may become mentally addicted to that stuff. (sounds like you're right on the cusp of that right now). Being mentally addicted is not really a good thing (though it's easier to break than being physically addicted, it's still not fun to deal with, and in this case, could probably do some damage to your liver, and possibly other areas.)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #261 on: April 06, 2008, 08:03:47 AM »
First off, what are you using it for. The sleep aid in those can, at high doses, be used as a deliriant/psychedelic drug. However, I'm pretty sure that to get a high enough dose, you'd have to take a VERY high dose of Ibuprofen (the general name for what's regular in advil.) Ibuphophen can cause liver damage at excessive doses over any prolonged time. I'd suggest reading up on Diphenhydramine and Ibuprofen on wikipedia. (It's a great source of information on how it will affect you, as well as information on the dangers of using too much.)

From what I can tell, Diphenhydramine has a lot of side effects that are not what you'd want. Overall, it's almost like a mildly hallucinogenic version of alcohol, description wise, but it also has some side effects that aren't very good.

From what I've read, you probably wouldn't want to do that. If you're serious about using that in a recreational way, I'd suggest locating another source of Diphenhydramine and possibly even separating it from whatever it's bonded to. However, that may require chemicals you can't get access to, and knowledge of chemistry you don't have.

All in all, I'd advise against it. You may become mentally addicted to that stuff. (sounds like you're right on the cusp of that right now). Being mentally addicted is not really a good thing (though it's easier to break than being physically addicted, it's still not fun to deal with, and in this case, could probably do some damage to your liver, and possibly other areas.)

What if it was just for once in a while usage, and not regularly? I actually really do feel totally rested once I wake up after taking two of those pills.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #262 on: April 06, 2008, 01:20:37 PM »
I'm addicted to mountain dew o_o

Shoop Da Whoop

• errday im huslin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 06, 2008, 01:53:18 PM »
I used to drink like 2-3 amps a day. Those things are fucking tasty.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #264 on: April 06, 2008, 03:14:58 PM »
What if it was just for once in a while usage, and not regularly? I actually really do feel totally rested once I wake up after taking two of those pills.

Well, with anything that is used to put you to sleep, (except melatonin) there's always a rick of dependence. I didn't see anything directly talking about addiction on the pages I found (but I didn't check if that thing was listed other places, like erowid), but I still think it is quite possible to become addicted, at least mentally.

Despite the fact that there's no evidence that melatonin is addictive in any way, I found myself taking 1 almost every night, because it made me sleep faster, and wake up feeling more refreshed. That was a mental addiction. I did it because it felt good. I could quit any time, but I didn't feel like it, because it made me feel good. I quit when the bottle was empty. (only a couple days later, lol.)

I'd say you would probably be safe using it occasionally, to help going to sleep, but be very careful you don't start using it more and more often, as Ibuprophen will damage your liver if you continue to use it on a daily (or possibly even semi-daily) rate over a period of time (the level of damage you would receive is probably less than those people who would take it every day for months, but you could still be at risk for damage).

I'm not trying to scare you away from it, but I am trying to make sure you completely understand the risks, and what that stuff is actually doing to you to make you sleep. (I think anyone using drugs should know what is really going on in their body, and should learn about the drug itself.)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 03:16:42 PM by Bobbias »

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 06, 2008, 05:23:51 PM »
I take benedryl before going to sleep almost every night. PS- lol at recreational benedryl, that is a most terrible idea.

On the topic of real drug-related things, I tried shrooms last night, that was freaking strange. Walls moving, etc.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #266 on: April 06, 2008, 05:28:07 PM »
Nice. How much did you take, and please provide a more detailed description.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 07, 2008, 02:09:16 PM »
Uh, I'm decidedly no expert on such things, but they were dried, and it was probably around a gram or two total, 4 mushrooms. I made tea out of them, because I hear that's a more mellow experience, and that's probably true, because I didn't see giant critters flying through the air or anything.

Basically, the most entertaining thing that happened was I felt like my entire body was falling asleep for a while, and had the most trouble I've ever had in my life not bursting out laughing at random intervals. You guys know that scene in Trainspotting where the guy sinks into the floor? I'm pretty sure I had that happen to me, except I rose up into the ceiling. That was probably the strangest thing that happened all night. Aside from that, and the aforementioned walls moving and bubbling, there was little else of mention. It was definately interesting, but I'm not sure if it was because I didn't take enough shrooms, or what, because I'd had the impression going in that I was going to trip hardcore. That's probably reserved for acid though.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #268 on: April 08, 2008, 02:03:51 AM »
DMT is much more powerful as far as trips are concerned than acid. Did you try to close your eyes? Even at lower doses, you can get some pretty awesome closed eye visuals on shrooms. And the laughing thing is probably the one thing you're most likely going to get on shrooms, lol. A friend of mine said his mom hates shrooms, because she just can't stop laughing.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 08, 2008, 05:22:34 AM »
Yeah, I did, but I didn't get anything amazing. I donno, I guess I was doing something wrong. DMT would be ridiculously awesome to get, although from what I hear, it's retardedly hard to get. LSD, on the other hand, isn't, and I'd probably take it, given the opportunity.