Author Topic: Drugs, Alcohol, etc.  (Read 283568 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Drugs, Alcohol, etc.
« Reply #270 on: April 08, 2008, 06:06:35 AM »
Well, you probably would have done better to eat the shrooms, rather than make a tea. Oh well, there can always be a next time, lol. Shroom trips are a great way to get used to psychedelics, since they aren't as harsh as other drugs.

DMT tends to cause powerful open and closed eye visuals, generally geometrically patterned, at mid doses. At high doses, like many other psychedelics, it can cause a breakdown of what is referred to as the Ego. This is tripping hardcore, in the most powerful sense of the word. The ego is what makes you You. The ego is your perception of yourself as a person, separate from other people, and the world around you. When you hit the point where you are beginning to lose your ego is when a lot of people really begin to become scared, even if they are somewhat experienced. It's a completely alien feeling, it's beyond visions and tripping in the conventional sense, because you are no longer separate from the trip, and from the things you feel and see. You are one with the trip, in a sense in that state, and the process of losing your ego can scare some people shitless. Of course, the other side to that is that this is the state where some people come to have religious experiences. You think in completely different ways, and come to understand the world from an entirely different perspective. Only the most powerful of trips will ever bring you close to really losing your ego.

DMT is hard to get (harder than most, even the obscure drugs), but it's not really recommended to anyone who doesn't have much experience with psychedelics anyway. It's a harsh drug to smoke, it's a harsh strong and alien trip, and it has the potential to bring you further past your ego than any other drug.

Another interesting psychedelic to try is LSA. LSA is the natural occurring substance that LSD is very similar to. The best way to experience LSA is through Morning Glory seeds. The main issue with that is that even though it's fairly easy to get a hold of those seeds, you need to eat quite a few (I've seen people talking about needing doses between 200-400 seeds), and you are pretty much guaranteed to get sick (I believe it's a natural reaction from the way your body deals with LSA). However, it does apparently have some very nice effects. It also lasts for a long time. (We're talking, 2 hours after getting sick, before you feel anything, IIRC).
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #271 on: April 08, 2008, 07:45:39 PM »
Sounds really neat-o. I'd be interested in trying shrooms. I've never done any sort of psychedelic drug before, and I mean, did any of you do psychedelics when you were 17? I don't think that sort of thing is available here >_>

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #272 on: April 08, 2008, 08:13:13 PM »
I would have. By the time I was 17, I probably knew more about psychedelics than anyone I knew (or know now, really).

Shrooms, I could probably get around here, but much else, and I honestly have no idea. I'd love to try LSD, but that's probably not going to happen for quite some time yet.

Oh, and another point about DMT: it's fairly expensive. This is about the only site I found with a price list, but I haven't checked erowid yet. It's always good to check a couple different places.
http://www.idmu.co.uk/tryptamines.htm

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 15, 2008, 10:24:26 PM »
Anyone know of any repercussions of using sleeping pills at least twice a week? I use them every time I have school to make sure I get sleep, but wouldn't this screw with my sleep cycle.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #274 on: April 15, 2008, 10:51:33 PM »
Your body will start to develop a resistance to them and you'll wind up needing a stronger dose to put you to sleep.

I'd just try to get used to sleeping normally.  Give yourself a sort of schedule and stick to that, even on the weekends.  You'll feel better and won't have to pop pills to be able to close your eyes.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Shoop Da Whoop

• errday im huslin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 16, 2008, 12:07:46 AM »
I found that if you do some kind of exercise during the day you won't have a problem falling asleep at night.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #276 on: April 16, 2008, 02:56:18 AM »
Yeah, exercise always makes it easier to sleep.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 16, 2008, 09:32:48 AM »
I'd just try to get used to sleeping normally.  Give yourself a sort of schedule and stick to that, even on the weekends.  You'll feel better and won't have to pop pills to be able to close your eyes.

Yeah, but the hard thing is I only have school twice a week, but I could easily take them only once a week and aim for less.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #278 on: April 16, 2008, 09:35:48 AM »
Honestly, the way I deal with waking up early for school and such usually involves me staying up all night the day before, and going to bed when I normally would for school the next night. It's kinda hard on me, but it's better than taking sleeping pills. It certainly gets me adjusted really quickly.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 16, 2008, 02:23:35 PM »
If it's just a Diphenydramamine HCl sleeping aid, there probably won't be any problems if you take it twice a week. It's the same active ingredient as Benedryl, which I take daily during the summer for allergies, and I never developed a dependency on it, or felt any negative after-effects.

Last night I took 420mg (lolol) of DXM, just for the lulz, I wanted to see if I could get to the point where I actually had full-on hallucinations. While I didn't get that far, I can say this: I've never experienced anything that strange in my entire life. I can assume it was a high second-plateau trip, because I was pretty freaking disconnected with my surroundings, but at the same time, I was able to keep up short conversations with people, without making them ridiculously suspicious, which was fairly awesome. But the weirdest thing- extreme time dilation. Seriously, I was waiting in my friend's room for him to finish showering with a couple people who were tripsitting me/watching me freak out, and it was only 15 minutes or so, but it honestly felt like he was gone for a couple hours. I don't really get how to convey it in words, but it was most definately one of the strangest nights I've had.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #280 on: April 16, 2008, 09:21:52 PM »
Awesome. I've got money, I need to go buy a bottle of cough syrup, lol.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 17, 2008, 01:08:26 AM »
Honestly, the way I deal with waking up early for school and such usually involves me staying up all night the day before, and going to bed when I normally would for school the next night. It's kinda hard on me, but it's better than taking sleeping pills. It certainly gets me adjusted really quickly.

I'm not going to stay adjusted tho, even after having school all day today I can stay up to 1 without a problem. That and I love sleeping in and only have to wake up early twice a week means I've been doing it all year.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 17, 2008, 02:31:19 AM »
Awesome. I've got money, I need to go buy a bottle of cough syrup, lol.

You're in Canada, right? There's some Contac pill they sell there that's 30mg of DXM HBr, and apparently is pretty freaking cheap. I'd pop 5-7 of those if it's your first time, you'll be crazy.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #283 on: April 17, 2008, 08:16:25 AM »
Haha, I'll check it out.

I may just buy a bottle. I've wanted to see if I could chug a bottle of that stuff for a while now. I seem to be good at downing crap that is hard to drink a lot of at once (full glasses of hard liquor and such), so I may be able to down a bottle of robo.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 18, 2008, 05:30:35 AM »
Well, make sure DXM HBr is the only active ingredient. Delysm will work too. The trip isn't as intense, but it lasts a lot longer. Like, 8 hours :s