Author Topic: Drugs, Alcohol, etc.  (Read 283653 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Drugs, Alcohol, etc.
« Reply #285 on: April 18, 2008, 06:28:04 AM »
I'm well aware of how to be safe. I knew about DXM long before this thread (or this incarnation of s.net, for that matter).

Also, another bit of info is that you should technically only use Robitussin DX, ideally. It's only active ingredient is DXM, and it also contains no coloring or sweetening that could make you sick in large quantities, like many other cough syrups do.

Also, found another one of those ridiculous anti-drug sites: http://www.dxmstories.com/robitussin_abuse.html

Go click See the Effects, lol.

I'll explain those a bit better:

1. Vomiting: This is a fairly common risk factor, really. However, the "vomiting blood" part they mention is ridiculous. They don't explain the "why" of this, they simply tell you you might get sick. If you've ever tried to down a whole bunch of cough syrup at once, you'll know that it's a hard thing to down. Of course, you'll feel sick, it's not a big deal. If you're puking blood, you probably have a serious problem outside of DXM abuse. I've never heard of puking blood associated with DXM use, though I guess some of the other ingredients in some of the cough syrups might do it.

2. Cardiac Arrest: Yeah, ok, that's basically a whole bunch of BS. You're probably more at rick of Cardiac Arrest when you ingest caffeine. More people have died of caffeine overdoses than DXM. Seriously, this one is just BS. Yeah, you might have raised heartate. And yeah, it could potentially be rather dangerous, if combined with a pre-existing condition.

3. Muscle Spasms: I've see little to no real evidence for this one in my searching. Actually, I've come across information that DXM may actually calm muscle spasms in the larynx1 and thanks to another forum discussing muscles spasms encountered on DXM, I found an article on pub med discussing how low doses of DXM can actually improve seizure control in some epileptics2. This is one of the stupider ones, since people experience muscle spasms doing nearly every drug out there. Quite honestly, this one is pretty harmless. Not only that, it doesn't seem to be all that common.

4. Delirium: Well, I'd certainly hope that you realize that you're going to experience delirium when using DXM. In fact, if you use DXM and don't know that, you are likely the stupidest person alive, and may likely deserve to die, if only to cleanse the global gene pool of your extreme stupidity. DXM is a drug that is best used in calm surroundings away from dangerous situations, and places you don't know. It's also a good idea to have a sitter. This is not a "side effect" or anything, this is the desired effect. It's got it's own risks, but you can minimize them greatly by actually using your brain before hand.

The best place for in depth info for DXM is probably this FAQ: http://www.dextroverse.org/faq/dxm_faq.html

1 http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00055549?recr=open&cond=%22Voice+Disorders%22&rank=5
2 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10702964?dopt=Abstract
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

jinxie

• Meow!
  • cool kids club president 2004-2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 18, 2008, 03:35:19 PM »
lol dan refuses to let me smoke like I used to. WHEN MY MOM DOES AND KNOWS HER SHIT.

poor poor pyroko.  he was very sheltered in life.  i see it more and more every day. :(

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 18, 2008, 03:37:57 PM »
Yep, the DXM faq is a good read.

Anyone else besides me have any plans for this weekend? :V

Shoop Da Whoop

• errday im huslin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 21, 2008, 06:02:12 PM »
I went to Hippie hill on 4/20 and had a grand ole time. when I was leaving I met these two guys who were dealing just about everything. After looking at his wares I decided to buy 2 grams of hash off of him. Imma having some fun

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 22, 2008, 09:53:51 PM »
Vaporizers, topic over. >:V

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #290 on: April 23, 2008, 01:46:04 AM »
that shit will FUCK YOU UP. but i herd its liek a different kind of high.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 23, 2008, 01:58:20 AM »
It's a freaking awesome kind of high :V

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 23, 2008, 09:58:01 AM »
Vaporizers, topic over. >:V

My friend made a make shift one of those with a light bulb and a pen. Got me pretty fucked up, but was a bitch to smoke out off.

Forgot my F, no wait, I was trying to be edgy.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 12:13:03 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

Shoop Da Whoop

• errday im huslin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 24, 2008, 08:47:22 PM »
My friend made a make shit one of those with a light bulb and a pen. Got me pretty fucked up, but was a bitch to smoke out off.

Those things are ghetto, I made one and I refused to smoke out of it anymore.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 25, 2008, 02:52:46 AM »
Haha, are you serious? How does that even work D:

I'm pretty sure a pipe is sufficient.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 25, 2008, 07:15:43 PM »
Haha, are you serious? How does that even work D:

I'm pretty sure a pipe is sufficient.

He wanted to be fancy, also salt on the inside of a light bulb takes all of that white paint off. He's like a god damned Myguyver of smoking.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #296 on: April 25, 2008, 08:45:03 PM »
Haha, yeah, it's amazing how inventive some potheads are. I mean, some of them figured out how to make a pipe out of a fucking ball of snow.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #297 on: April 25, 2008, 08:56:47 PM »
I mean, some of them figured out how to make a pipe out of a fucking ball of snow.

weed must be one hell of a drug

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 25, 2008, 08:59:43 PM »
Haha, yeah, it's amazing how inventive some potheads are. I mean, some of them figured out how to make a pipe out of a fucking ball of snow.

Oh wow, with tin foil I'm assuming. Also my friend made a 3 chamber bong once, put water in 2 and ice in one, shit was insane.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #299 on: April 25, 2008, 09:01:46 PM »
Oh wow, with tin foil I'm assuming. Also my friend made a 3 chamber bong once, put water in 2 and ice in one, shit was insane.

Nope, no tin foil. Not to my knowledge anyway. I heard about it a while ago, and I haven't found any websites that actually say anything about it any more.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x