Author Topic: Drugs, Alcohol, etc.  (Read 283591 times)

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
Re: Drugs, Alcohol, etc.
« Reply #330 on: May 02, 2008, 03:35:41 AM »
Idk about anywhere else so well, but cops over here have a good understanding of 'highness'. Most don't care if you're out in public high, so long as you're not being dumb.

tldr for below: i got drunk in public and cops didnt care.

I got drunk last saturday with my brother at his university, U. of Cali., Berkeley. We left the party with his girlfriend and 3 others and there were cops parked on the other side of the street across from the pizza place. We said, "do you care if we cross?", because we had obviously wanted to j-walk, and it was 2:30 am so there was no traffic out. The cops knew all of us were fucking sloshed off our asses and so they just said, "Everyone else is doing it." I found that pretty cool, because they were acknowledging that it was wrong, but not technically allowing it. hehe. (duh, but I wanted to say it anyway. Fuck off) Anyway, yeah, cops here tend to be fairly liberal and don't give a shit unless you're directly hurting someone else or some thing. (The way it's supposed to be)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 03:53:01 AM by Zakamiro »

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 02, 2008, 12:06:55 PM »
Haha, ODing on weed. Wow. I like how everyone in the newsroom was laughing as well.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

jinxie

• Meow!
  • cool kids club president 2004-2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 02, 2008, 12:21:12 PM »
Yeah, they might be able to spot a person who's high, but how many REALLY know something about weed? How many can see through some of the government propaganda bullshit that gets published? How many of them have any idea what being high is actually like? I mean, when you see someone who's high, you're seeing their actions from a sober perspective. How many cops actually understand how a stoned person thinks?

I hate all the misinformation and ignorance associated with drugs. Too few people truly understand much about drugs, and too many are perfectly willing to let the government lie to them.

can you please tell this to pyroko rofl

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #333 on: May 02, 2008, 02:05:53 PM »
Generally, most people won't want to believe that the government is lying.. That makes it a bit hard to get people to understand. Even though I've done quite a bit of research on weed, and other drugs, I still probably couldn't convince someone unless they were open minded to looking at things the other way.

But if you want to convince him, I'd suggest trying to get him to look up information himself, using sites like Erowid.org. That site is technically "pro-drug", but most of it's information is very accurate, and that site is designed for educating people about drugs, not simply promoting drug use with a bunch of BS like some sites do. It gives you information on the risks, dosages, effects, and all sorts of information about a drug. It even has pharmacological information on many of the well known drugs. Not that pyroko would likely understand much of it, but that stuff is excellent for showing people what really goes on when you use a drug, and why it's not as dangerous as the government says. I only understand as much of that stuff as I do by using wikipedia on some stuff and basically looking up everything I don't understand when I read an article. It's a LOT of info, but I certainly have learned a lot about how some things work.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

jinxie

• Meow!
  • cool kids club president 2004-2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 02, 2008, 02:12:00 PM »

yeah, I think it's really more of he lived a sheltered life, yanno?  because hell, my mom has done it since she was 28 years old and she's fine. D: as well as my aunt.  I did it for a year or so before my boyfriend before pyroko forbid me to do it.  Damn why I let dese peopels tell  me what to do ;-;

Mom says she'll let me have some of hers whenever I'd like and would smoke with me.  I just really don't understand why pyroko is so gung ho about hating it, he's never tried it and never known anyone who has done so.

-O-

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 02, 2008, 02:18:36 PM »
Generally, most people won't want to believe that the government is lying.. That makes it a bit hard to get people to understand. Even though I've done quite a bit of research on weed, and other drugs, I still probably couldn't convince someone unless they were open minded to looking at things the other way.

Because the government always does what's best for it's people, amirite? Also yeah, that cop is a moron, GODDAMN.

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #336 on: May 02, 2008, 02:41:27 PM »
Because the government always does what's best for it's people, amirite? Also yeah, that cop is a moron, GODDAMN.

ALWAYS. It's not like the executive branch of the United States issued an illegal war, or allowed for wiretapping without warrants. Oh no, our precious America would never do that.

Also, deja vu. wow.

Anyway, I reckon the less retarded cops out there the better. Hell, these fucks can ruin your life pretty easily, and if there's one more retard that is weeded out, the better.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #337 on: May 02, 2008, 02:54:27 PM »
yeah, I think it's really more of he lived a sheltered life, yanno?

Yeah. My parents tried to shelter me from stuff like that and alcohol. My mom smokes weed too, and used to have a drinking problem too. Alcoholism runs in my family. Anyway, I'm the sort of person who isn't just going to take someone's word on something like that, I tend to want to really know how things are, because I know damn well that half of what the government says is absolute bullshit.

But some people are content to live sheltered like that.

Hopefully you can get him to at least read up on it. And be sure to personally tell him how often some of the listed effects actually happen. Sometimes websites don't mention how rare, or how little effect some of those things really have. I mean, DXM raises your blood pressure and heartrate, but unless you've already got a pre-existing condition, that likely won't even be noticeable. Hell, running raises your heartrate, and may well raise your blood pressure too, but that's not dangerous, is it?

Some people get caught up in how many effects and risks there are with that, but few of them realize that a great portion of the minor issues that are risks also happen to be possible side effects of normal drugs. Acetaminophen can cause liver damage if taken enough, antibiotics hurt your body, and can make your immune system much weaker, among other things. Every single drug has possible side effects, but the second they start talking about illegal drugs, all of a sudden simple things like it making you sweat more, or maybe causing ataxia (basically, reduced motor function, drunken stumbling, etc.) or slowing your reaction time down is some horrible evil thing that might get you killed. Ever notice that most drugs say don't mix with alcohol? That can be dangerous. They also say not to use a motor vehicle. Hmm, I think you can still get charged with impaired driving for driving when using a drug that can make you drowsy/impaired, even if you have a legal prescription...

There are just as many risks with normal drugs as there are with illegal drugs. (well, to an extent, most medical drugs aren't as hard on your body as crystal meth or heroin is...) As long as you take the necessary precautions and make sure you know what the possible effects are, you can make taking drugs much safer, as well as more enjoyable.

Oh, and as a little aside: The government paints extasy/MDMA as being this evil drug that kills lots of people and is the raver's favourite drug. What they fail to mention is that unless you're one of a very small group of people, you simply cannot die because of extasy. In a city where there are 19,000 deaths a year, 2, yes, 2 of those deaths were directly from MDMA (or possibly some other contaminant in an extasy tablet). Those 2 deaths were severe allergic reactions to something in the tablet. The other deaths in that city that are tied to extasy are only partially related to it, and wuold never have happened if the government actually taught people about the drug. Those deaths were either from people getting scared and drinking so much water that they got water poisoning and died, or from people who ended up dieing of heat stroke because they weren't careful and didn't drink enough water. I mean, if you're dancing all night, and you normally would be sweating like mad, and getting tired, wouldn't you think that maybe at some point, despite feeling fine, you should maybe drink a bit of water to cool off and stuff? Those people died because they didn't know that MDMA causes your body to be unable to properly regulate it's temperature, so they weren't sweating much, and their body didn't feel tired (another bit of an effect from the MDMA) so they simply kept dancing in a crowded, hot environment exerting themselves much more than they normally would, and eventually their body just overheated.

Those are both the most common ways people die while on MDMA, but if the government would simply educate people properly, instead of spreading misinformation and ignorance by causing the discussion of drugs like MDMA taboo, we'd have WAY fewer deaths attributed to that drug. THAT is why I hate the government, and think that we need to change the government's way of dealing with drugs radically. They are causing more deaths, because of their scare tactics, than are necessary.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 06, 2008, 05:56:08 PM »
So me and my mates are making a beer pong table. We've made a pattern with bottle caps, added 561 (our area code, shits gangster), RPK (Rape Pillage Kill) and a drinking pac man all made from beer top caps. Also we're using this finish that they have for bars so the caps wll be covered and it should look pretty nice.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #339 on: May 06, 2008, 08:17:05 PM »
pix plox!

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 06, 2008, 10:17:48 PM »
So I finally heard the whole story about the result of 5 tequila shots. Apparently I went on a rant about religion and included the words "FUCK GENESIS" among other things. I also yelled "I'M NOT DRUNK. IF I WAS DRUNK, COULD I DO THIS?" and then went into some complex physics/mathematics lecture/rant that included calculations and demonstrations that, according to Joey, "sounded correct." He said I was yelling about the theoretical event horizon of the Earth and some other stuff. It all sounds sounds pretty funny, and I really wish I remembered all that.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 10:23:44 PM by Kevin »

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 07, 2008, 02:18:30 AM »
I also yelled "I'M NOT DRUNK. IF I WAS DRUNK, COULD I DO THIS?" and then went into some complex physics/mathematics lecture/rant that included calculations and demonstrations that, according to Joey, "sounded correct." He said I was yelling about the theoretical event horizon of the Earth and some other stuff. It all sounds sounds pretty funny, and I really wish I remembered all that.

Heh, that's not so bad. My friend went to a party last night, started drinking hard liquor and vomited in a closet (thought it was a bathroom, drunk fuck) then 2 other places, fell and broke a vase, then he punched another friend who was trying to take his keys (he's a BIG guy, he used to squat 500 pounds). So he definitly felt bad about that.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #342 on: May 07, 2008, 07:42:56 AM »
Ouch, yeah, I'm never that bad when I drink and get sick. I don't usually make it to a bathroom, but it's either somewhere where it can easily be cleaned (outside/garage floor) or someone manages to get me a bucket.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 11, 2008, 04:58:47 AM »
I am buzzed quite deeply right now.

Note: Vodka [even cheap vodka] and coke/pepsi is very nice. I compare it to Morgan's spiced rum and coke/pepsi/sprite. In 3 glasses I was buzzed, and by the 4th, I was past the line of 'buzzed' and went to being drunk. Also note the 4th glass was pretty heavy and probably more like 2/5 vodka than 1/5.

Sprite and cpt. morgans spiced rum tastes like cream soda.
Me and my buddy call coke/pepsi + rum a Vanilla Coke, and as said above, the sprite and rum a Cream Soda. [they do taste like that, if the rum isn't too heavy].

As for the vodka and pepsi.. It doesn't really taste like anything than what it is so I'll just stick with Vodka and Pepsi as my name for it haha.  Gets you buzzed in a quickness though.

Have a good night everybody
I'm gonna start eating some stuff to come down from this so I can sleep haha
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #344 on: May 11, 2008, 07:47:24 AM »
I applaud you on coherent thoughts despite a lack of sobriety. Cheers, cheers! *applause*