Author Topic: Drugs, Alcohol, etc.  (Read 283629 times)

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
Re: Drugs, Alcohol, etc.
« Reply #510 on: July 08, 2008, 12:54:50 PM »
I thought that's what we were talking about....
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #511 on: July 08, 2008, 04:42:39 PM »
Although I do believe the "lame people" statement still stands. At least for the people who actually WANT to live out there.

Why?  It's quiet, peaceful, out of the way, beautiful.

If getting a broadband connection in the country weren't so difficult I'd go there in a heartbeat.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #512 on: July 08, 2008, 05:07:31 PM »
Peaceful, but I'd rather have a place where it doesn't take forever to go anywhere cool. I like being in town because it's easier to hang out with people, there's some stuff to do (much more if I was in a city), and I can go out and get food late at night and stuff. When you live out in the middle of nowhere, you can't do any of that. Maybe if all your friends lived in the middle of nowhere too, you could hang out with them, but since the population density is a lot lower in rural areas, that's much less likely.

I might not mind starting a family in more rural environments (personally, I'd still stick close to the town, if not live in town), but as a teenager/young adult, rural areas suck.

Oh, and I didn't mention anything about convenience for work and such. It's kinda hard to find a job if you live 30 or 40 minutes out of the closest town, isn't it? Hell, even living 10 or 20 minutes out by car is a pain if you don't own a reliable way of transporting yourself. I like being able to walk to work. Or anywhere else in town. Sure, it might take me an hour to walk all the way across town, but that's a worst case scenario, I'd rather not have to live far enough out that it would take nearly an hour just to walk into town.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 08, 2008, 06:12:50 PM »
I live in the desert. D: central AZ isn't the best place to go hunting for these things, apparently. I've read a few trip reports and sounds like shrooms is the drug for me lol. I don't enjoy smoking, so pot's off the list, and anything with a needle = no. I like the idea of tripping under shrooms, like hallucinating, sensory boosts/colors and wild shit.

So if anyone knows A) a good reputable site to obtain them or B) any other info

would be appreciated ;o
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #514 on: July 08, 2008, 07:08:54 PM »
I might not mind starting a family in more rural environments (personally, I'd still stick close to the town, if not live in town), but as a teenager/young adult, rural areas suck.

They do?  Then why would I like to live there?

Oh, and I didn't mention anything about convenience for work and such. It's kinda hard to find a job if you live 30 or 40 minutes out of the closest town, isn't it?

Um, most people have 1+ hour long commutes to go to work (and in some fields, like the job I used to work at, it didn't matter WHERE I lived, I still would have wound up driving the same distances).  I've seen people in rural areas that live closer to their workplace than people in the suburbs.  It doesn't depend on the type of land you're on, it depends on where you are.

Also, my dad's best friend lives in a more rural area and he has work fairly close to him and he works in the IT field.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 08, 2008, 08:03:58 PM »
If I ever do shrooms, I'm probably going to play/watch some of WinDEU's marathons in Stepmania.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #516 on: July 08, 2008, 08:24:59 PM »
Why do I get the feeling that lead to a very bad trip?

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #517 on: July 08, 2008, 10:59:50 PM »
Haha, yeah, that could be bad.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 08, 2008, 11:06:58 PM »
I always wondered about people who live far away from everything. Like, when you're on a road trip somewhere on a freeway where there's like nothing but a factory and big hills, then you see this little house with a couple cars, and there's at least a half-hour drive to any sort of town. That's gotta suck :|

I've seen houses in the middle of cow fields about an hour from anywhere, that would be a pain. Really, my house is just in the back of a massive suburb that takes 15 minuets to drive out of, and it has 1 small shopping plaza "in it". Also, it has a small English bar next to a fire station and a park, all in a rural spot. It's not that bad, considering I've often gotten drunk on one of the many empty lots out here.

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #519 on: July 08, 2008, 11:36:21 PM »
I live in the desert. D: central AZ isn't the best place to go hunting for these things, apparently. I've read a few trip reports and sounds like shrooms is the drug for me lol. I don't enjoy smoking, so pot's off the list, and anything with a needle = no. I like the idea of tripping under shrooms, like hallucinating, sensory boosts/colors and wild shit.

So if anyone knows A) a good reputable site to obtain them or B) any other info

would be appreciated ;o

Mushrooms are definitely my drug of choice. And not in that 'drugz r cool' kind of way but more on a sentimental level. If you're with the right people (or by yourself) and in the right setting, it can be an extremely uplifting and amazing experience. I've tripped about eight times over the past couple years from small dosages to relatively large (well, the most I've taken at once was 10 grams), and have done a moderate amount of research about them, so I'd be happy to offer any info if I can. What I can tell you though is that before you do them, you have to be unflinchingly confident in your ability to handle it. Because seriously, tripping is like nothing you've ever experienced in your life. You've gotta be mentally AND physically healthy before you do them. Personally, I have no doubt in my mind that I'll never have a bad trip, and that's the very reason that I won't, you know what I mean?

As for where to get them, I wouldn't trust any website that sells them. Not only because they could be total crap and not worth the money, but psychedelic mushrooms are super illegal in the US and having them shipped right to you could be pretty unsafe.

Another thing that I should mention, if you do decide to trip, don't rush into it. Like seriously, if you acquire some mushrooms somehow, request at least a couple days off from work, if you're working, and make ABSOLUTELY sure you won't be interrupted by anyone who might disapprove. It's exciting when there are readily available mushies, but it's something that HAS to be planned out if you want anything close to a guaranteed good trip. It's just not worth the risk of doing them on a spur of the moment kinda thing.

Oh and if you don't like smoking pot, you can always eat it. It's a much mellower high anyway. The problem is the effort that goes into making something with weed into it. I suppose you could always just swallow a couple of nugs, but that sounds kinda... unpleasant.

If I ever do shrooms, I'm probably going to play/watch some of WinDEU's marathons in Stepmania.

You haven't played Stepmania if you haven't played it on mushrooms. And if you do, make sure you've got some really good headphones to make the experience that much more intense. It's fucking AMAZING. For me, it feels like I'm actually composing the music with each tap of my finger. And the whole time I'm not even paying attention to what's happening, it's almost 100% instinct and instead I'm just thinking about how incredible it is XD

Shit now I really want to do mushrooms..
 - Alexxx

Sneaky

• View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 08, 2008, 11:48:50 PM »
God dammit I need a source here D: fudge.

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #521 on: July 09, 2008, 12:21:51 AM »
There's gotta be someone in your area that can get hold of some :|
 - Alexxx

Sneaky

• View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 09, 2008, 12:23:05 AM »
problem being I don't know anyone :( or how to find that out.

Actually.. one of my ex's [im friends with her still] knows a guy that has everything BUT shrooms. Maybe he/she knows of someone who does.

Other than that I'm SoL for knowing people.

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #523 on: July 09, 2008, 02:50:14 AM »
Well if not mushrooms there's always acid. As far as (semi)synthetic drugs go, it's pretty harmless. Relatively cheap, too. Ten bucks worth of acid could probably get you a similar experience as about twenty bucks of shrooms. This totally depends on the quality of both, and the going rate in your area, obviously. Around here, I could get 3.5 grams of mushrooms for $15 or $20, and maybe two or three hits of acid for $10. Although the highs have their differences, they are both good ways to trip. LSD is also way easier to take than mushrooms because mushrooms are NASTY as fuck unless you like the taste of dirt and mold. Also, there are properties in shrooms that cause some people to vomit soon after they're taken which is a total waste :[

One way I discovered to take mushrooms if you really can't stand chewing them up is to grind them up in a coffee grinder and mix them in with peanut butter and make a PB&J sandwich. And grinding them up makes you come up quicker, too.
 - Alexxx

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 09, 2008, 03:30:10 AM »
I had an opportunity to buy chocolates with shrooms inside, but I ended up not acting on it. :( Of course, this is due to me being clinically depressed and worried about a bad trip.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}