Author Topic: Drugs, Alcohol, etc.  (Read 283588 times)

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
Re: Drugs, Alcohol, etc.
« Reply #570 on: August 10, 2008, 02:39:12 AM »
Call me a pussy or what-have-you, but I love Arbor Mist. It's delicious! And doesn't taste like the ass that actual wine tastes like.

And I saw the Dark Knight yesterday, pretty darn good but confusing as hell.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #571 on: August 10, 2008, 06:00:13 PM »
Have you had any actually good wine? There are so many different types of wine, and everyone has their own tastes. If you don't like a couple types of wine, it doesn't mean all of it is bad.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: August 10, 2008, 06:10:04 PM »
Have you had any actually good wine? There are so many different types of wine, and everyone has their own tastes. If you don't like a couple types of wine, it doesn't mean all of it is bad.

I've yet to have a wine I like. Really, it just all taste nasty to me.

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #573 on: August 10, 2008, 10:08:44 PM »
I've yet to have a wine I like. Really, it just all taste nasty to me.

Yeah, ditto. I've tried quite a few kinds, and I've never tasted one I've even remotely liked.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 10, 2008, 11:54:28 PM »
I tried a White Russian last night...good shit

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #575 on: August 11, 2008, 12:55:36 AM »
Looking at your avatar, Omega, I'm going out on a limb and saying that the new mountain dew Voltage is an addictive drug (it's amazingly delicious! i can't stop drinking it when i get ahold of some, or a 12-pack...)

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #576 on: August 11, 2008, 08:29:46 AM »
Yeah, ditto. I've tried quite a few kinds, and I've never tasted one I've even remotely liked.

Well, next time you try some, try to make sure it's on the sweeter end of the scale. Most dedicated wine selling places, or anywhere that stocks a decent selection of wines probably has someone that can help you find something more to your taste, if you walk to them and explain things. If they don't, avoid dry wines, as the term dry means that they are less sweet.

If you want something that actually tastes a bit more like grape, if you haven't already, try some Naked Grape wine. Those wines are unoaked, which means they were never stored in an oak barrel, and therefore keep a lot more of their original grape flavour.
If you want a very sweet wine, try Ice Wine. However, that stuff is extremely expensive. We tried a small tester bottle between my friends to taste the stuff and the little bottle cost $8. A full bottle costs $60+. But honestly, it's well worth the price.

However, wine isn't for everyone. Some people will never like it, just like any other alcoholic beverage.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #577 on: August 12, 2008, 12:18:19 AM »
Actually at my girlfriend's house her parents had this... passion fruit wine? I think it was. Something exotic. Anyway, it was delicious. And very sweet. So yeah, I'm sure I can find a wine I like, a very sweet, not dry one, once I'm old enough to legally go to a place and test different wines.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #578 on: August 12, 2008, 08:54:40 AM »
Yeah, I've had some flavored wine like that. Nothing that exotic, but that stuff tends to be pretty good. Passion fruit is fucking good, too.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #579 on: August 12, 2008, 07:22:20 PM »
I'm actually starting to ferment my own wine. I've been reading up on winemaking online, and have decided to make my own. I've purchased some mangos, strawberries, tamarind, and kiwis. The tamarind isn't too sweet on its own, in fact it's quite tart yet bitter. It tastes extremely lovely when sweetened, which is why I've picked the strawberries and kiwis. I hope to get a very curious sweet taste that isn't like mixing hot dog condiments.

I might have to scrape out the meat/pulp from around the seed of the tamarind and make it into a tea to add to the fruit juice. Only snag I foresee is whether or not my local stores have the right yeasts and yeast nutrients I need.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #580 on: August 13, 2008, 06:55:24 AM »
Heh, nice, if you make some, it's be wicked if you could ship some to me (I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be any problems with that).

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 21, 2008, 09:31:06 PM »
Bump for revival, but my friend had a small kegger (well, the group of people was small for a single keg and a party ball). I got stoned before I went and then I got drunk, which is something I haven't done in a long, long time. Long story short, it was a fun night. Got way too drunk and was hung over all the next day, but I saw a few of my college buddies and some people I've been meaning to hang with, so it was a mission accomplished as far as I'm concerned.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #582 on: September 21, 2008, 09:48:03 PM »
Hell, the way I see it if you're willing to drink, you better be willing to be hung over. I got my G2 license VERY hung over :P

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 21, 2008, 09:52:28 PM »
I RARELY get hung over. Unless I black out drunk, which is the odd part.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #584 on: September 21, 2008, 10:22:36 PM »
How is that odd? Blacking out generally means you've likely had more than your body can handle. Though there's no real proof of what exactly causes hangovers, it's a safe bet that more than one thing contributes to them, including dehydration, and Acetaldehyde, which is a metabolite of ethanol (alcohol), produced by an enzyme in your liver.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x