Author Topic: Drugs, Alcohol, etc.  (Read 283115 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Drugs, Alcohol, etc.
« Reply #585 on: October 02, 2008, 04:31:30 PM »
So, apparently my mom smokes hash oil.

I happened to find some left over stuff, and tried it. Wasn't much at all, but after 2+ years of not smoking, it certainly doesn't take much to start feeling something :P Ended up putting it on the end of my Colt Black Cherry cigar... Couldn't even taste it and didn't know if there'd be any effect until I started feeling it.

Also, holy crap, I can't believe this thread is 40 pages. I didn't realize it was this long.

Also, my girlfriend is now 19 (as of exactly 1 month ago). It's gonna be awesome when we have time to actually go to the Cellermans pub downtown and she'll be able to actually hang out with my friends and I there.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 04:36:44 PM by Bobbias »
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #586 on: October 02, 2008, 10:56:11 PM »
Also, holy crap, I can't believe this thread is 40 pages. I didn't realize it was this long.

That's 'cause you guys are a bunch of hippie pothead freaks. 8)

j/k, lurve u all and stuff
"This is a machine for making cows."

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 02, 2008, 10:58:13 PM »
That's 'cause you guys are a bunch of hippie pothead freaks. 8)

j/k, lurve u all and stuff

Lies LIES LIES!!!

OOOooo cake! *nom* <3

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 25, 2009, 01:43:34 AM »
Holy shit. So I found this site because I was looking for a resource to tell me just how addictive meth was (which I was curious about after seeing some of the "not even once" commercials).

http://mfiles.org/Marijuana/Overview/index.htm

Of those who try marijuana at least once, nearly one in ten become dependent

That's the most quotable line out of this page.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #589 on: January 25, 2009, 02:00:55 AM »
On di.fm's board, they had a poll about what the most addictive drug is, and meth was the top one. di.fm's board has a LOT of people who've done a lot of drugs.

I've seen posts about heroin, shrooms, acid, right through to stuff like robo and even nutmeg.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 25, 2009, 03:31:23 AM »
nutmeg.

LOL WUT?

Also that website is 100% bullshit. Sorry, but pot has no physically addictive properties.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 03:33:09 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 25, 2009, 07:08:51 AM »
LOL WUT?

Also that website is 100% bullshit. Sorry, but pot has no physically addictive properties.

It's sure good that there's no such thing as a mental addiction, eh?

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 25, 2009, 07:12:47 AM »

I know. The addiction is completely psychological. Doesn't stop bullshit like that from spreading, though. People who say they're addicted to weed are like people who say they're addicted to gum or WoW or something.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 07:15:06 AM by annon »

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #593 on: January 25, 2009, 07:21:53 AM »
It's sure good that there's no such thing as a mental addiction, eh?

physically addictive

And yes, it has been scientifically proven that pot has no physical addictive properties. Furthermore, the idea that pot kills your memory is flawed.

While pot does cause programmed cell death, that is not the same as something that kills healthy cells through toxicity. Programmed cell death is the method that your brain uses to keep your cell density in your brain at the proper level. If you brain is becoming too dense, it triggers programmed cell death. Pot activates 2 main receptors in your brain, and the B receptor (IIRC) has been linked to programmed cell death, while the A receptor has been linked with a number of the positive medicinal effects, such as relieving nausea, stimulating the appetite.

If you're gonna do any research about drugs, make sure the site is one of the FEW sites that is actually reliable. Wikipedia (thanks to their policy of requiring citations/references) is one of the few I would consider trustworthy. I would also consider Erowid.org trustworthy, despite the apparent pro-drug bias. The site contains tons of useful information, as well as all sorts of written accounts of experiences, FAQs, chemical information and dose info.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

infamouspat

• apple bottom jeans with the fursuit
    • View Profile
    • OpenITG main site
« Reply #594 on: February 11, 2009, 09:29:16 PM »
loldrugs

so now i'm on Prednisone for a case of HSP, 80mg every morning

Kind of wondering if anyone else has had an experience with the drug and if these stupid online drug testimonies are really written by total hypochondriacs who need a psychologist more than a medical doctor.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #595 on: February 14, 2009, 10:45:50 PM »
so now i'm on Prednisone for a case of HSP, 80mg every morning

Dang. :( I hope that clears up soon.
"This is a machine for making cows."

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 16, 2009, 09:15:31 PM »
I just got a text from one of my friends that said "Fuck my life." I asked about it and apparently word spread about us having smoked weed over break. He said his mom called my mom about it, and he said the conversation was "not bad, but not good." they apparently got off the phone about 20 minutes ago, and I expected a call from my mom, but she hasn't called me. I'm guessing she already knew I smoked, not because she found anything (there was nothing to be found any opportunity she would've had) but because I've openly condoned weed for a while now, before I'd even started, and I've clarified more than a few misconceptions my mom had had about it. Even though I never explicitly said I smoked, I'm sure she inferred it. This is interesting.

EDIT: So she just called me. She wasn't mad, but she sounded a bit shocked. I didn't deny that I had smoked, gave her examples of how it could've been worse, and told her that it was essentially a recreational activity comparable to playing video games. She was worried about us getting caught and whatnot, and I told her that we were smart about it and she didn't need to worry. She was still a bit upset, but she didn't overreact at all.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 11:23:03 PM by annon »

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #597 on: February 20, 2009, 01:51:06 PM »
My tolerance to weed has spiked over the past few weeks. It's gotten to a point where I can smoke all I want and feel only slightly buzzed, and then completely sober 15 to 30 minutes later. I don't remember the last time I was REALLY high, which, considering how much I smoke these days, is very odd.
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 20, 2009, 02:39:29 PM »
Sounds horrific. I never understood how someone could smoke weed to that point. So what spiked this interest in pot, I thought you didn;t do the stuff that often in favor of hallucinogens.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #599 on: February 20, 2009, 05:00:50 PM »
My tolerance to weed has spiked over the past few weeks. It's gotten to a point where I can smoke all I want and feel only slightly buzzed, and then completely sober 15 to 30 minutes later. I don't remember the last time I was REALLY high, which, considering how much I smoke these days, is very odd.

That blows, ever try a popper? (using tobacco to keep the weed held up till you burn it all, then hauling it all through the slide into the bong itself). Those tend to get me right fucked faster than anything else.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x