Author Topic: Drugs, Alcohol, etc.  (Read 283622 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Drugs, Alcohol, etc.
« Reply #735 on: April 09, 2010, 12:49:42 AM »
No, it's not chemically addictive. What E does is fuck with the way your brain "recycles" some of the dopamine that gets released into the brain. Basically, there's a membrane in the brain cells that can pick up dopamine that has been released, so that it can regulate how much is actually floating around out there, stimulating cells and whatnot, aside form controlling how much is actually released. When you take E, that membrane actually reverses function, flooding your brain with dopamine. That causes various effects, especially mood changes, since dopamine is a mood regulator. Of course, like all other neurotransmitters, it controls a whole fuckton of other shit too, which is why you need to take care that you don't overheat or exert yourself.

As for being chemically messed up, not really. The worst thing that can happen is that you may end up depleting your brain's supply of dopamine or severely reducing it to a level lower than you normally have when your not taking E. that can cause effects such as depression and such for a day or 2 after. However, that effect can be mitigated by taking 5-HTP supplements (can be found at any pharmacy). 5-HTP is the precursor to Dopamine, so by taking a supplement before rolling, you can mostly mitigate that, since by the time your done rolling, your body will have had enough 5-HTP to process to bring your dopamine levels more or less back to normal. You might be a bit low for a short time, but it nearly as much as if you hadn't taken 5-HTP. It's also suggested to take vitamin C with the 5-HTP, I believe it's supposed to help your body process it faster.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: April 09, 2010, 04:23:48 AM »
The more you know. Sounds like fun then.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #737 on: April 09, 2010, 04:41:12 AM »
Yeah. The biggest risk with E is getting pills cut with something undesirable, like meth or what have you, but you can bypass that by buying molly, the common term for MDMA powder, apparently it's pretty easy to track down if you have someone who can find you e pills. If I do E again I'm probably going to do that, even though the pills I got were pretty damn pure (according to the guys I got them from, who I took them with, and they know their shit I guess?), it was still a bit speedier than I would've liked, but I can totally see E being badass at a rave or something. I felt a bit off the next day but I put that off more to sleep deprivation (I'd gotten like, six hours of sleep in the last two days before I rolled) than a hangover or anything.

But yeah, coke was really underwhelming. I can see how people would like it, and I think if I tried it by itself, it might have been more fun, but while I was rolling, I was not that impressed. Amphetamine is way more impressive, not to mention useful.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #738 on: April 09, 2010, 12:58:50 PM »
Lol, well, IIRC I've read that coke while rolling does not do much.

But yeah, the problem with pills is that the process to synthesize MDMA requires extractions, many of which require using various (usually toxic/poisonous) chemicals to separate the unwanted stuff, and many of those chemicals can react with some stuff and create some undesirable compounds, such as MDE, MDA MDEA and even meth. Although all of those compounds are closely related chemically to MDMA they are not as effective, tend give more of a body buzz and such rather than act as a mood enhancer/euphoric.

I've done my research on E, lol. I spent a lot of time on Erowid, as well as various medical papers and such, because I've been interested in it for quite some time. I'd just never had the chance, and don't know anyone who could get me some. Plus, most of my friends ar ereally against drugs like that. Mostly because they don't know much about them. (Reefer Madness anyone?)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #739 on: April 09, 2010, 08:10:40 PM »
I dunno, you should try asking around. Before I did drugs, I always assumed E was something like LSD, a drug few people did, and only like, hardcore druggies or ravers or something. Then, I started doing drugs, and found that (At least in the area I live) E is probably the most commonly used drug next to weed, and it's way easier to find than even like mushrooms, which are basically popping up out of the ground all over the place when they're in season here. So you might be surprised, try asking your weed guy or something. :s

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #740 on: April 10, 2010, 03:01:35 AM »
I've seen one person on E (or claiming to be on E anyway) so far. I've seen plenty of people who do shrooms, and known a couple people who've done coke and shit. But E is one of the things you hardly hear about here. There are no local raves or anything, which sucks ass.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: April 11, 2010, 08:38:23 PM »
Last night was a really, really long night for me.

So I decided to use the last of my pot to make something to eat/drink, since I've only ever smoked or vaped. The only thing I found in my dorm room that would work was instant oatmeal, which was fine. I ground up the pot and put it in the bowl with the oatmeal, added water and microwaved it. When it was finished I ate it. It tasted like apples and cinnamon with a hint of pot, which was fine. I didn't get high until about an hour later.

That high lasted FOREVER.

I'm used to it subsiding after 2 or 3 hours, but it just kept going. I didn't want to go to sleep, but I was so bored with everything while awake. I watched a few episodes of Gurren Lagann and Scrubs, which was fine but nothing compared to what happens when I smoke it.

Next time I do something like this, I'm doing it with people.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #742 on: April 11, 2010, 09:42:51 PM »
Sounds interesting. Ive had times where it seemed to just last forever, but that sounds pretty different.

I also didnt know that instant oatmeal works lol. How much did you have?

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: April 11, 2010, 09:47:13 PM »
Sounds awesome.

I also had an incredibly night last night. It was my friends 21st and his mother wanted to throw him a surprise party, so we did. Before the drinking really started like 4 or 5 people left, so we had several bottle split between a few people and everyone got fucking smashed. It went on till like 7-7:30 in the morning before I stole someones bed and passed out in it. It was a fairly crazy and fun night, but the birthday boy got waaaaay too drunk and felt up a girl when me and his girlfriend were sitting together watching him which was very awkward.

but yeah, had a ton of fun.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: April 11, 2010, 10:09:30 PM »
I had enough to fill one of those reversible pill bottle lids when it was ground up. Not sure how much that is in grams, but it seemed like a lot.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #745 on: April 12, 2010, 03:16:52 AM »
That's probably like, a gram maybe? Depends how dense your weed is. And that sounds like a typical pot-edibles high - it lasts forever and isn't really that intense, unless you use an ungodly amount of weed. In which case they'll ruin you. :3

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #746 on: April 12, 2010, 03:22:07 AM »
Lol, I definitely need to try a combination. Eat some, and smoke a popper or 2 :P Instant intense action from the popper, and long lasting come down from the eaten stuff... Sounds like I've got a plan.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: April 12, 2010, 03:58:22 AM »
What's with the pill bottles and weed thing? Is it like a status symbol or are they really that good for holding weed.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: April 12, 2010, 04:09:54 AM »
I guess it's a little of both. They're widely accessible and they hold the smell in really well, so they're popular in the States.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #749 on: April 12, 2010, 06:50:08 AM »
Around here we tend to use a combination of plastic bags and tin containers and such. Of course, I saw one girl one time that had a margarine container full of weed, lol.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x