Author Topic: Drugs, Alcohol, etc.  (Read 283098 times)

K-Mann

Re: Drugs, Alcohol, etc.
« Reply #885 on: January 28, 2011, 04:41:42 PM »
No need to apologize. I didn't really mean to imply that you came off that way or anything, sorry if it felt that way when I made that post. Sometimes when I make posts online certain things get lost in translation from idea to post, I did kinda want to make it more clear that I wasn't implying that you were that kind of person.

Water under the bridge, bro. Its all good. I get all sorts of weird responses when I say that I haven't, and its not the first time I got a response like yours  :P and like I said, I personally have nothing against it, its just that I would rather not. Just one of my quirks I suppose.

flaffl

• KOREA MEMBER ^_^ FUNNI KEKEKEKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: January 29, 2011, 02:17:14 AM »
PS:

I find solace in my religion and culture in a world filled with people who think like you. I would rather not indulge in things I have no interest in than be like you, thanks.

just sayin this statement does in fact come off INCREDIBLY arrogant regardless of whether you meant it or not; i definitely see where mortified got his response from.

also K-Mann, am I assuming you also have friends that stay sober with you as well? if you're the only one that's staying sober, then i find that really interesting.

and on another note: i was raised christian as fuck and asian as fuck. despite that, my friends were pretty normal and had normal lives with them, it was just average families with average lives. i'm really impressed at what effect social pressure has on you, because before the moment I puffed that joint, I had no intention of even trying it. in front of my friends, when everyone else is? sure why not.

Kulli

« Reply #887 on: January 31, 2011, 07:57:48 AM »
k I'm back from my self-imposed break

stuff

Sorry about that. That kind of generalization has done a lot to me socially in the past ("You don't like girls? You must be gay; no such thing as asexuality!"), so whenever I see it used in something that personally relates to me, I get offended. Really offended. Admittedly (and hypocritically), I do generalize a lot right back.

The intox thing is related to always having a clear mind; to have a clear and unclouded mind is to have a sort of "Buddha status".

just sayin this statement does in fact come off INCREDIBLY arrogant regardless of whether you meant it or not; i definitely see where mortified got his response from.

You haven't lived my life, bro. My experiences shaped my opinions and my attitudes.

and on another note: i was raised christian as fuck and asian as fuck. despite that, my friends were pretty normal and had normal lives with them, it was just average families with average lives. i'm really impressed at what effect social pressure has on you, because before the moment I puffed that joint, I had no intention of even trying it. in front of my friends, when everyone else is? sure why not.

I was raised "Asian as fuck", too, and I never felt the need to be like anyone else; know why? Because I wasn't like anyone else! I related to almost no one growing up, and it wasn't until I was able to associate exclusively with other Asians (irl ofc; ilu pale-skinned QTs that post here) that I felt I belonged somewhere.

Shit; all my teen years did to me was give me an unwarranted sense of racial superiority and extremely bigoted opinions towards certain darker-skinned individuals. And yes: I do see the irony in having black guys in my av and sig.

The point of this? Koreans eat dog and never learned how to kick Western missionaries out of their country like we did <3
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 08:04:38 AM by Aa »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #888 on: January 31, 2011, 10:49:55 AM »
Sorry about that. That kind of generalization has done a lot to me socially in the past ("You don't like girls? You must be gay; no such thing as asexuality!"), so whenever I see it used in something that personally relates to me, I get offended. Really offended. Admittedly (and hypocritically), I do generalize a lot right back.

Ahh, well that sucks. I'm aware of asexuality, and although it's somewhat rare, it's certainly not unheard of (statistically, though I know most people have no fucking idea about it, unfortunately), so I can see where your coming from there.

The intox thing is related to always having a clear mind; to have a clear and unclouded mind is to have a sort of "Buddha status".

Ahh. Personally, I have never understood why people change so much when they drink. I am almost as clear minded when drunk as I am sober, and my personality hardly changes. I am more susceptible to suggestion when drunk, but I believe that can be overcome by forcing myself to think clearly. Even when I was drunk enough to have alcohol poisoning, I had the clarity of mind to tell my friend not to speed, while he was doing about 120 on a highway with a limit at 80. I believe that nearly all of the effects of being drunk that are seen as intoxication are purely because a person, when drunk, believes that's how they should be (subconsciously). So that's part of the reason that drinking to the point of being drunk shouldn't be an issue, but I certainly understand where that's coming from. It takes a lot of mental strength to be able to think clearly when drunk.

As for the rest of it, my parents have been quite open and liberal about a lot of stuff (basically not religious, open about sexuality, no discrimination, etc.), and despite the anti-drug/anti-drinking aspect, I've always felt that I should keep an open mind about drugs, because even if my parents couldn't be open about them, I thought that the values of being open minded should apply to everything, not just some subjects.

Of course, I've had my share of shitty stuff in my life. I was REALLY picked on through most of elementary school, and somewhat in highschool, which has contributed to some social anxiety, among other things. I actually think that's why I rely so much on spectere.net as somewhere I can speak my mind openly, and as often as I feel. Sometimes I feel like you guys are more my friends than most people I know IRL.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

K-Mann

« Reply #889 on: February 01, 2011, 10:09:39 PM »
I actually think that's why I rely so much on spectere.net as somewhere I can speak my mind openly, and as often as I feel. Sometimes I feel like you guys are more my friends than most people I know IRL.

<3 bby.

also K-Mann, am I assuming you also have friends that stay sober with you as well? if you're the only one that's staying sober, then i find that really interesting.

Its usually just me. Once in a while a buddy might not want any and join me with a Ginger Ale (fucking amazing seriously the Canada Dry stuff is amazing and better than Schwepps sorry) and whoever the DD is will be sober too (I usually don't drive). Sometimes if I'm feeling particularly nasty I will start trying to manipulate people into drinking more lmfao they get sooo funny and almost bend to my will it rules

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: February 02, 2011, 05:22:40 PM »
Got a new piece.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

flaffl

• View Profile
« Reply #891 on: February 18, 2011, 04:47:18 AM »
HURR DURR MY LIFE EXPERIENCES TRUMP YOURS

holy shit you are so cool i will never amount to being as good of a person as you

Get the fuck off your high horse.

PS If you weren't like anyone else, you clearly weren't liked in high school. Way to go, hope you have a great life telling your kids- oh wait, you're asexual DHURRRRRR NOT BEING TO ATTRACTED TO PEOPLE IS SO HIPSTER NOW 8)

In b4 someone says something about LIFE'S NOT ABOUT WHO LIKES YOU HURR HURRR. Get real. It is.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 04:52:02 AM by flaffl »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: February 18, 2011, 07:17:17 PM »
PS If you weren't like anyone else, you clearly weren't liked in high school. Way to go, hope you have a great life telling your kids- oh wait, you're asexual DHURRRRRR NOT BEING TO ATTRACTED TO PEOPLE IS SO HIPSTER NOW 8)

In b4 someone says something about LIFE'S NOT ABOUT WHO LIKES YOU HURR HURRR. Get real. It is.

So he should change how he acts and is seen for better social acceptance? I bet you very popular, and a lot of people know you exist.

Kulli

« Reply #893 on: February 18, 2011, 08:29:00 PM »
Hey sup guys

I changed my mind. I decided I'm going to do drugs and have wanton sex just so I can fit in. Obviously being who I am was just me trying to be hip and "different". You've showed me the way.

So he should change how he acts and is seen for better social acceptance? I bet you very popular, and a lot of people know you exist.

but but that's all there is to life mort

because life = social standing in high school and high school never ends

Also:

PS If you weren't like anyone else, you clearly weren't liked in high school.

I was actually well-liked in high school. No one ever bothered me, and I was on good terms with just about everyone. I just didn't have close friends. BUT YOU OBVIOUSLY KNOW BETTER THAN ME, YOU SMART DRUGGIE YOU
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 06:24:17 PM by Aa »

flaffl

• View Profile
« Reply #894 on: February 21, 2011, 04:51:46 AM »
hey sup guys i changed my mind too, i decided i'm not going to to drugs and reclaim myself as a virgin. obviously being who i am was just me trying to be one with the crowd. you've showed me the way too.

a good idea is also making really irrational comparisons and analogies to what i'm saying in order to make me look lesser than you. you were the one that brought up this whole idea of high school, so you're pretty much saying that to yourself. also, don't mean to sound like a pretentious douchebag, but you're obviously jelly of those who were the popular kids if you're bashing on the importance of popularity in high school. yeah, i'll agree with you that high schools a fucking shallow place, but those who enjoyed it (though it doesn't even come close to college one bit) clearly enjoyed a popular stint or at least invested in good friendships at the students in high school. why else would you talk down about those people? if you weren't jelly at all, then you wouldn't need to talk about it.

also to mortified, i never said he should change, but moreover realize that this world is a lot more shady and shallow than you think and that looks and personality have a huge say in life (primarily, first impressions). like the saying goes, life's kinda about who you know, not what you know. whats the first thing that you do when you want to get a job? do an interview. get to know the person, know what they're like, and see if they qualify to your liking. it's the way life works dawg. or you could get stuck with doing something you absolutely love but earns little money. it's the tug-of-war of life.

regardless of whatever, put this issue behind you. i'll apologize for being a douchebag earlier about my comments concerning your sexual orientation and yaddawhatnot, but your bitchy stuck-up attitude about drugs needs to change. whoops, looks like I ended up telling you to change. but seriously, i don't know if you actually meant to sound all high and mighty earlier but even if the intentions were good, the outcome is what matters. if you're going to come into a discussion where the topic is practically a person's lifestyle, be a little more conscious of other people.

in other news, i will be taking a tolerance break, but how long should a legit tolerance break be? I wanna get back to feeling those AWESOME levels of high again but it's been a while since I've cracked up mindlessly at a wall.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 05:37:32 AM by flaffl »

Kulli

« Reply #895 on: February 21, 2011, 06:07:37 AM »
lol at the wall of text I didn't read. I don't care about you or your opinions of me bro

last post in this thread; nice job wasting your time

PS I'm not checking back, so don't bother writing a reply
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 06:12:13 AM by Aa »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: February 21, 2011, 09:29:46 PM »
also to mortified, i never said he should change, but moreover realize that this world is a lot more shady and shallow than you think and that looks and personality have a huge say in life (primarily, first impressions). like the saying goes, life's kinda about who you know, not what you know. whats the first thing that you do when you want to get a job? do an interview. get to know the person, know what they're like, and see if they qualify to your liking. it's the way life works dawg. or you could get stuck with doing something you absolutely love but earns little money. it's the tug-of-war of life.

There's a difference between impressing and clicking with "people of power" and being a popular guy in high school. Not that I hated popular people (close friend of mine was on the football team and fairly popular) but most highschool kids are morons and the popular ones are the dumbest of the dumb.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: February 21, 2011, 11:44:04 PM »
Why do people quit posting after having a disagreement :( I know I've had plenty of that in-your-face style argument from many sources and I just love discussing shit on these forums with you guys I've known for years, like, what? 8-9 years?  We all have different lifestyles and it does suck that some people can't accept that, or completely reject anyone else with a different opinion that expresses it strongly.

oh well,
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #898 on: February 22, 2011, 02:18:39 PM »
Why do people quit posting after having a disagreement :( I know I've had plenty of that in-your-face style argument from many sources and I just love discussing shit on these forums with you guys I've known for years, like, what? 8-9 years?  We all have different lifestyles and it does suck that some people can't accept that, or completely reject anyone else with a different opinion that expresses it strongly.

oh well,

I completely agree with you here. I enjoy having heated discussions, but all too often it ends up resulting in someone getting fed up and leaving.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #899 on: March 26, 2011, 09:09:59 PM »
So to revive the original topic of this thread, I just ate some shrooms. Looking forward to an awesome night. Its my anniversary with my GF and we're both taking them as something to do for our anniversary. Apparently she hates the taste lol. It doesn't really bother me that much, but it is pretty bad tasting. I'll try to remember to update this sometime during the trip, because we'll be staying in for the trip this time. Last time we went n a long-ass walk, and spent the whole time discussing shit, but this time there are people over, and it's cold out, so we're basically just gonna hang out in her room, and shit.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x