Author Topic: Drugs, Alcohol, etc.  (Read 283605 times)

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
Re: Drugs, Alcohol, etc.
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2007, 01:25:07 AM »
Mushroom hunting isn't easy, and like everyone is saying it's VERY dangerous if you don't know a lot about it. Some mushrooms that are lethal sometimes don't start taking effect until up to 12 hours after eating it. And even if you just try a tiny bit it could still be deadly.

I've gone hunting a few times, but with no luck. They do grow near cow pastures and whatnot, but also near rivers in foresty areas and just in some backyards. If you want specific information on mushroom picking, identifying, growing, eating, etc. visit www.shroomery.org. This site is awesome. It's also good for if you want some help identifying some you've picked as long as you make a spore print and describe it in detail with pictures. There are tons of mushroom experts on there to help out.
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2007, 03:11:07 AM »
Yeah, I was going to suggest spore prints, but you beat me to the punch. My dad has a great book on mushrooms, mostly because he goes and picks edible ones, like morels and things.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2007, 10:42:35 AM »
Spore prints are probably the best way to identify mushrooms, but there are some mushrooms that have nearly identical spore prints as well, which makes even that a tough way to identify them.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2007, 04:52:41 PM »
Hey have any of you ever tried Totally Awesome Sweet Alabama Liquid Snake?
 - Alexxx

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2007, 07:19:31 PM »
Hey have any of you ever tried Totally Awesome Sweet Alabama Liquid Snake?

Metalocoplyps  ;D.

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2007, 09:43:56 PM »
My mom got a bottle of Citrus Smirnoff for a little party she had on Sunday, and she only used about half the bottle.

Needless to say, the bottle is now nearly empty. I've been making myself quite a few Screwdrivers. I find them delicious.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2007, 11:21:13 PM »
I only wish my parents were more ok with me drinking. I mean, you can make the choise yourself not to drink and still not be an ass about things. My parents, despite not actually doing anything to stop me, are a pain about drinking. I can't have friends over to drink in the basement, although I can drink by myself here. And their attitude whenever they see me go out and buy myself a case of beer (like, a 6 pack of Guinness or something). They always bitch about something. I know WHY they don't drink, and I certainly understand their reasons, but I've always been the kind of person who needs to learn by making the mistake himself, and even if I make a mistake, it's not as bad as it could be. I'm never going to be one of those people who gives everything up just for their next high, or next drink. I only do what I know I can afford to. And I only push myself so far. If I drink and black out most of the night, I know I had too much, or had it too quickly, so I'll slow down and take better watch of how much I have next time. If I get a hangover, well, that's what I get, and I'll deal with it.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2007, 01:15:13 AM »
My dad doesn't know anything about what I do or have done XD Not even alcohol. I recently told my mom that I smoked pot and have done acid before. She was actually really cool with it, which is neat (my mom smokes pot, too) and makes me feel a lot more comfortable about talking to someone else about it.
 - Alexxx

Shoop Da Whoop

• errday im huslin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2007, 01:57:34 AM »
Both of my parents at one time were really into drugs. The only thing they do now is smoke pot from time to time and drink occasionally. They are pretty cool with whatever I do as long as I am safe about it.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2007, 02:10:01 AM »
They are pretty cool with whatever I do as long as I am safe about it.

Same with me, which is a huge surprise since my sister went to rehab and almost died.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2007, 04:32:10 PM »
Wow, ouch. Well, my dad used to drink, but my mom's dad was a bad alcoholic for a while, so she doesn't like alcohol. She Drinks a bit with friends, but she smokes pot more. However, she's still really against us smoking pot because it's illegal, it's "addictive" (uhh, not exactly, psychologically, yes, physically, no), and it can fuck people's lives up if they're not careful, and apparently my mom doesn't seem to think that my brother or I could be "careful" about that sort of thing.

My mom is a stubborn bitch who doesn't realize when yelling does more bad than good.

My dad is somewhat understanding, but doesn't want us smoking pot either. He's a bit better about drinking too, but still gets rather angry if we get sick and need a ride home from him. So my house is rather oppressive when it comes to drugs and alcohol. My mom gets mad because she regrets things she's done that we're doing (not caring about school, smoking weed) and wants to make us stop somehow by yelling at us over and over again.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Malwyn

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2007, 12:46:50 PM »
One of my sisters is a party girl. She gets very drunk fairly often, but in the "I'm in my mid-twenties, it's coo'" sense. She also used to be very lax with the softer drugs, clearly she'd tried half of them. Now she's graduating from her psychology course, and she KNOWS man, she just KNOWS that everything you put into your bodies will kill you. A single great aunt with schizophrenia is a family history. She's seen all the articles and her professors tell her that casual use of anything will get you a swift kick in the balls from God, and my god she's a condescending hypocrite.

My eldest sister studies medicine, and she was unbearable before that. My parents barely drink wine (box wine, incidentally, but only 'cause it's cheap. They don't seem to get the idea that box wine is for getting drunk, and traditionally tastes as much like shit as possible), my grandmother died from about 40 years of pack-a-day smoking.

And... well I've started to feel a 'wanting' to keep smoking. I walk down to the park, sit down at the gazebo and have a cigarette while listening to music. Then walk around the park clockwise in a figure-eight pattern. On the latter half of the eight, tonight, I decided to have another cigarette, 'cause the first one just wasn't long enough. Considering the first few cigarettes I had were along the lines of "oh, come on, END already", I figure this is what addiction is like. It's fascinating.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2007, 04:08:30 PM »
Well, I've smoked a couple times, but it seemed that after every time I smoked, I had this little feeling in me that was saying "come on, smoke another". Not something that I had to listen to, but it was definitely there, and I do NOT get that feeling from anything else, so I fugyre that was the addictive properties.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2007, 04:43:52 PM »
Yeah man, smoking is very addictive. I didn;'t think it myself when I first tried it, just thought to myself "meh, not a big deal, i'll try it"
But then I kinda liked it...then I wanted another one..and it kept going from there.
Now it just sucks.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2007, 04:51:13 PM »
I knew enough to not smoke another, but I can understand how easy it is to get hooked. I'm lucky I realized that that little craving was what it was, and quickly stopped it. My brother, however, has been smoking since grade 9, so there's no chance of him stopping any time soon now.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x