Author Topic: Drugs, Alcohol, etc.  (Read 283556 times)

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
Re: Drugs, Alcohol, etc.
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2007, 05:33:47 PM »
I'm somewhat addicted to caffiene, I'll end up wasting $2 or $3 per day on Mt. Dew.  It's such a shame.  Every time I pass a machine it's like "Hey, over here, BUY MEEEEEEEEEEeee..."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2007, 01:38:27 AM »
Have you ever had any caffeine withdrawal? I'm not sure myself, but when I was going to school, if I didn't have a pop before about 9, I'd have a rather bad headache. I drank an average of 2 bottles of dr. pepper a day, plus 1 pop at about 6:30, and probably 3-4 pops after school a day. I think that's what you'd call addicted.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2007, 08:30:50 AM »
I'm somewhat addicted to caffiene, I'll end up wasting $2 or $3 per day on Mt. Dew.  It's such a shame.  Every time I pass a machine it's like "Hey, over here, BUY MEEEEEEEEEEeee..."

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ;_;

Have you ever had any caffeine withdrawal?

YES.  It's seriously doubleplus unfun.

Granted, it sort of depends on how much you consume and how often you do so, but if you're pretty badly hooked you can expect nasty headaches and extreme tiredness.
"This is a machine for making cows."

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2007, 11:07:42 AM »
My American History teacher is obsessed with Diet Coke. She used to drink an ENTIRE 12-pack a day, but now she's just down to 5 cans. It used to be the ONLY thing she drank. Can you even imagine that? >_>

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2007, 01:00:12 PM »
Yeah, while I'm not entirely sure whether the headaches and tiredness I'd get were caffeine related, I think it's highly likely. I stopped drinking pop in the morning for a while until lunch, and I'd get really bad headaches and be tired starting around 9 and ending by lunch, when I'd have my pop.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2007, 01:42:21 PM »
My pre-calc teacher from last year had this 64 oz. cup that he refilled more than once a day with Dr Pepper from I think QT.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2007, 01:43:32 PM »
My pre-calc teacher from last year had this 64 oz. cup that he refilled more than once a day with Dr Pepper from I think QT.

That's a lot of Dr. Pepper.

I don't even like that stuff >_>

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2007, 02:05:16 PM »
I love it. I wish my parents bought Dr. Pepper instead of coke...

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2007, 03:22:47 PM »
Man I used to be horrible with drinking soda. I'd go to a grocery store with my friend when they were having good deals on Mountain Dew, something like ten 2-liters for $10, and I would buy ten of them and take them to my friend's place where we would proceed to drink at least two of them over the course of the night.

One time, fairly recently, that same friend and I went to a 24-hour family diner at about one in the morning and drank 15 cups of coffee each until about four in the morning. During my frantic caffeine high when I got home, I did some research and calculations and discovered that we drank about 700% of the stated point of caffeine overdose. Another thing is that I hate my coffee straight, so add on two little creamer cups per cup of coffee, and at least three various types of powdered something packets.

Man that was a crazy time. I don't recommend it unless you really want to shit piss (essentially).
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2007, 03:47:25 PM »
Lol, It's a good thing that even at 700% overdose you didn't get a heart attack, because that is technically possible.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2007, 01:43:04 AM »
I love it. I wish my parents bought Dr. Pepper instead of coke...

TOTALLY.  Dr. Pepper is amazing.

Ah well, at least my parents are generally Pepsi or RC drinkers.  I much prefer them to Coke.

One time, fairly recently, that same friend and I went to a 24-hour family diner at about one in the morning and drank 15 cups of coffee each until about four in the morning. During my frantic caffeine high when I got home, I did some research and calculations and discovered that we drank about 700% of the stated point of caffeine overdose.

Eh, you do build up a sort of tolerance to it after a while.  That's why soda/coffee drinkers can't get any sort of rush from their beverage of choice after a while -- their daily dose simply manages their dependency; for the drug to have any effect they have to up their dosage.  It's a vicious cycle, really; if you ween yourself off you'll suffer cravings and sickness, if you cut your dosage entirely you'll crash, depending on how much you typically drink.

On the bright side, when you crash you tend to want to sleep a lot.  When you're sleeping you don't tend to feel the massive headaches that you would probably get otherwise. ;P  When I was up to something like 5-6 cans of soda a day (not really a whole lot compared to some coffee/energy drink whores) I did a massive cut and slept...14-16 hours, I think?  Not healthy.

also ZOMG A DRUG THAT SPEKTUR KNOWS ABOOT
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2007, 02:35:17 AM »
Lol, yeah, I drink coke when I'm going to bed even. I slept from 10 till 1:30 tonight, and drank a coke between a couple minutes before going to sleep, and a couple minutes after waking up at 1:30. I have a new coke with me right now. Energy drinks have no effect on me now, unless I get 2 or so, but I'm cheap, so I never do.

Also, never ingest too much caffeine when you're high. Being EXTREMELY fidgety, shaky, and restless and hardly realizing that you're shaking and fidgeting while being stoned is not exactly a good thing. Not to mention the combination of being stoned and your mind going nuts from the caffeine is not pleasant. It really wrecks the point of getting stoned and makes you VERY easy to be caught.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2007, 09:57:00 PM »
A girl in my economics class is selling shrooms. She offered me some for $15, and I'm considering it. At the same time, though, the idea of hallucinogens really just freaks me out.

Good idea Y/N

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2007, 03:25:36 AM »
Well, shrooms can be an amazing experience, but I suggest that if you do buy them, you take a couple things into consideration:
A) You'll need something like 6 hours free, where you can be away from anyone who would catch you, or who might make you freak out.
B) You will want to stay away from your parents, unless they're cool with you doing shrooms. It's pretty easy to catch someone on shrooms.
C) You need to be in a good mindset. If you are freaked out when you take them, or think you might become freaked out, you probably shouldn't take them. If you do, you'll likely have a bad trip.
D) Have some understanding of what the trip will be like. It's not all just seeing pretty patterns. For the most part, shrooms need a pretty decent dose to induce full on open eye visuals. Quite a large portion of the effects of shrooms are other things. http://erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_effects.shtml has a list of the things, sorted into Positive, Neutral, and Negative effects.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2007, 04:16:12 PM »
I once ate 6 maximum-strength no-dozes. That's more than a gram of caffiene. :3