Author Topic: DJ Spooky - Ghostworld (Africa Pavillian Mix)  (Read 3562 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
DJ Spooky - Ghostworld (Africa Pavillian Mix)
« on: November 08, 2007, 03:11:14 PM »
Holy Fuck. Holy Fuck. Holy Fuck.

This is one of the most amazing things I've ever heard. It's supposed to be a mix. It sounds more like a sound collage. It takes samples from everything from American History X to Ryuichi Sakamoto, to Citizen Kane. Not only does it sample all that stuff, it mixes african hip-hop with it. Sometimes its' vocals from a hip-hop song mixed with some jazzy backing or something, sometimes it's an african song mixed with clips from a movie. My god. You guys NEED to download and listen to this.

I am beyond words with how awesome this is.

http://www.mix-tapes.de/Article1870.html
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Fractilion

• Amped
    • View Profile
Re: DJ Spooky - Ghostworld (Africa Pavillian Mix)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 03:26:09 AM »
Songs of a Dead Dreamer is a good album by him. I recommend it. DJ Spooky is very strange and innovative. He's great.

I even like to dream when asleep, and to try and recall my dreams: it assures me that I haven't wasted seven or eight hours just lying there.
   -Schrodinger's Cat

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 06:43:07 AM »
Glad to see another fan of his. When I first heard this mix I fell in love. When I bought my Dieselboy album I came very close to getting a DJ Spooky album instead, despite not knowing much about him. I almost wish I had. Oh well, Dieselboy kicks some huge ass too.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Fractilion

• Amped
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 02:03:30 PM »
The mix cut off at like, 25 minutes. I was greatly displeased. It was a great mix indeed. I liked the South African revolution stuff especially. It was badass.

I even like to dream when asleep, and to try and recall my dreams: it assures me that I haven't wasted seven or eight hours just lying there.
   -Schrodinger's Cat

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 06:16:49 PM »
Must be a corrupt download or something, because when I downloaded it I got the whole thing, It only gets better after 25 minutes :P

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x